Newbie question re. Kisslicer and CubeIt/CubeItmod for Cubex with V1.04 firmware.

Martin Prescott

May 30, 2014, 9:59:10 AM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

I am looking to migrate from the awful Cubex slicer to Kisslicer/Cubelt etc. Our CubeX (duo) currently is down-reved to V1.04 firmware so that we can use off the shelf filament as opposed to the horrendously expensive 3DS cartridges.

I have had a quick try at generating a Cubelt post-processed .bfb file using Kisslicer V1.1 and Cubelt V3.3 and quickly came to the conclusion that this would only work if I up-rev the Cubex to V1.07 firmware?? (basically the .bfb file loaded, but the hot end target stayed at 0)

Is there a version of Kisslicer/Cubelt that will generate compatible files with Cubex V1.04 firmware, so that I can demonstrate the difference in print quality before I revert th Cubex to V1.07 (and hence tie it to using the cartridge filament if I have issues using Kisslicer etc.)

Many thanks

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 10:38:31 AM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, try to print one of these choose ABS or PLA on extruder 1.
Before printing check the level bed and the Z-Gap.
These files are generated with Kisslicer 1.4.1.4 and Cubeitmod V4.5
SmallTestABSExtruder1.bfb
SmallTestPLAExtruder1.bfb

Martin Prescott

May 30, 2014, 12:53:42 PM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks Giovanni, I give that a try.

So Kisslicer 1.4.1.4 and Cubeitmod V4.5 should generate files which will run OK on V1.04 Cubex firmware?

I can update the Cubex to V1.07 firmware if absolutely necessary, but a couple of other people use the printer and I would like to be able for them to carry on using Cubex slicer without the need for the proprietary filament, until I am fully conversed with Kisslicer/CubeItMod and can help them migrate, I could then update to V1.07 anyway.

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 1:12:56 PM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think it should work also with older versions but why use the older when you can use the new one ?