READ ERROR- LINE xxxx

Tom Nuessen

Oct 10, 2014, 10:48:42 AM10/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
After not using my Cubex Duo for a few months, I upgraded KISSlicer and CubeItMod.  Since firing it back up and upgrading KISSlicer I haven't been able to get through a print  because I get an error on the printer saying something along the lines of "READ ERROR - LINE xxxx" where the line of code varies.  Even if I reset the print and start over with the same exact file, I will get the same error but on a different line.  When it happens the printer will just stop, the heads will go to the back corner as the screen says "PRINTING PAUSED".  When the printer heads come to a stop, that's when the screen shows "READ ERROR..."  Is this because USB port is shorting out?  Or is this because of bad code?  Very rarely would I get this error before upgrading, and when it would occur I would just clear the bed and restart the print and it would complete just fine.  Any suggestions? I have V1.07 firmware on the Cubex.

Thanks,

Tom

giovanni.v

Oct 10, 2014, 11:33:10 AM10/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
send me the bfb file

Peter Gregory

Oct 10, 2014, 12:59:18 PM10/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
So, it gets past the initial file check, starts printing and bombs out somewhere later on?
Could it be a flaky USB drive?

Tom Nuessen

Oct 12, 2014, 9:48:01 PM10/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the link to the three files I've had trouble with the most (actually, I have not completed one successful print).  I'm leaning more towards a bad contact with the thumb drive.  In darker rooms, there are two lights on the stock motherboard that are pretty easy to see.  One I believe corresponds to interactions with the USB drive, and I can turn it off or dim it just by slightly jiggling the USB drive.  I guess now the next step is to go over the connections.
I have another thumb drive that is much smaller and fits more securely, but I'm having problems with it as well.  The CubeX can see the files on the drive, but it won't even get to the file checking step before it gives me an error.  Is there a special way to format it?  I have it formatted as a FAT currently.