Need previous versions of Kisslicer for Mac

hironao kato

Jan 19, 2014, 10:24:17 AM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello there!

I have a problem on 3D view port on Kisslicer 1.1.0 for Mac.

After opening a STL model on Kisslicer, 3D view port freezes and shows nothing on Grid (even Grid is freezed).

I've had same problem before and gave a try with previous version of Kisslicer such as 1.0.X, and worked fine. I dont know why...

Did anyone have a same problem with this?  If you have a solid solution to this, please let me know...

The thing I can do for now is giving a try with previous versions for mac.

If you have previous ones for Mac, please let me try with.

Thank you in advance!

Hiro

funBart

Jan 19, 2014, 10:41:51 AM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I copied some beta's earlier:

Which Mac version do you use? There were some troubles with the latest I think to remember.

Do you have the same problem as well when not using your config files (so let Kisslicer generate themselves first, the first time you open the program (new downloaded version of KS in a separate folder)

hironao kato

Jan 19, 2014, 10:50:50 AM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello funBart,

Thank you for running Kisslicer Refugee!

I have tried those beta's too but no chance...

The Mac is the latest one (actually a guy who I know bought two days ago from apple store) and everything is new/

Yes, I have tried to change the file location and generating ini files first and also replacing .ini files.

My Macbook Air is also new but had no trouble.

Let me retry Kisslicer generates new ini files in different folder too.

funBart

Jan 19, 2014, 11:05:19 AM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, but I assume then you have "Maveric" on your Mac. I'm not sure if still so, but I seem to recall that that version gave errors with Kisslicer.
That's the reason I myself haven't upgraded yet to Maverick.
Maybe you can try it on another Mac without the Maveric update, or use time machine, to see if that's actually a problem.
I think PenskeGuy uses a mac as well and has maybe more ideas about it.

Rick Zehr

Jan 19, 2014, 11:58:29 AM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm running Mavericks on an iMac, and have seen no problems with 1.1.0 or 1.2.0

Have you tried the 1.2.0 version that was uploaded (THANKS!) last week?

hironao kato

Jan 19, 2014, 12:06:35 PM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I see, I have tried both Maveric and Lion and worked fine for myself but some users around me have that problem.

The new Mac is pre-installed Maveric so I cannot go back to Lion, but it is strange that mine works fine.

I will report when I re-install(locate) kisslicer in different folder.

Yes, I will be waiting if there is other suggestions from here too!

Thanks!
Message has been deleted

hironao kato

Jan 19, 2014, 12:17:41 PM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Rick,

Yes I have tried for my PC.  But it seems like uploaded Mac version of 1.2.0 disappeared from the thread already...?

I missed a chance to download mac version last week so I hope there would be re-upload again!

---post edited---

funBart

Jan 19, 2014, 2:40:27 PM1/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It's still there:

But: I tried it and it's not a good beta IMO: I got slice errors on places I didn't got it with other (Beta) versions. It can be me, but I wouldn't advise to use it.
Actually: I use the latest windows Beta in a Virtual machine the Mac right now. That version doesn't seem to have that problems.
Bart

Plexus Brett

Jan 21, 2014, 6:29:45 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the last version for Mac OS I got from Jon. its 1.1.0RC3 and works well for me....

KISSlicer 110rc3.app.zip

Rick Zehr

Jan 21, 2014, 7:35:48 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've attached the released Mac 1.1.0, which calls itself 1.1.0.14
BTW, it's 64-bit, so no more memory issues...
KISSlicer.zip

funBart

Jan 22, 2014, 10:09:35 AM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I upgraded? to Maverick now as well. No problems here with KS.

hironao kato

Jan 26, 2014, 5:33:29 AM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi funBart,

Thanks for information.

I didn't realised that the uploaded file was still there in different post.  Just downloaded!

Assuming there might a problem in language I guess... I will give a try anyways.

Thanks much.

hironao kato

Jan 26, 2014, 5:35:30 AM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Plexus Brett

Thank you for uploading rc3!

I will try this one too.

I had same problem in other Macs but some of them are fine after replacing directory of the file but some others are not.

Will report when I get some progress.

Thanks!

hironao kato

Jan 26, 2014, 5:39:04 AM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hell Rick,

Thank you for uploading 11.0.0.14 and your time!

Im such a collector of Mac version now haha...

I really like a quakity that kisslicer gives.

Hope I'll hear good result by trying these versions.

Thanks!

Antoine Dutot

Apr 18, 2014, 7:59:48 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I used KISSlicer for mac fo a long time without any problem. Recently, and suddenly, I encountered this bug that makes it totally unusable. All the previous versions of KISSlicer I tried seem to be impacted.

The only thing I updated on my mac, I think, is the OS X developer tools. But how can this be related to the problem ?

What I tried : all the versions in this thread (without using old ".ini" files), rebooting, removing the ".ini" files, using several STL models.

Anyway, if anybody has an idea to resolve this bug, I will greatly appreciate it !

Thanks !