Print on the CubeX with Kisslicer without Cubit or Codex

Jörg Schäfer

Nov 9, 2014, 1:11:54 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,
I also use Kisslicer without Cubeit or Codex on my CubeX!
I Kisslicer 1.5 for Mac then installed Cubeitmod.
After base installation, I simply deactivated Include Comments.
(Kisslicer Start / Settings / Printer / Tap firmware.
with these settings Prints of CubeX simply going without material query.

The original file is only CubeX a Chinese .bfb
File with material query and the ending .Cubex
and in the first line of the firmware
KisslicerScreen.tiff

giovanni.v

Nov 9, 2014, 1:48:15 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Don't deactivate the comments.
Cubeitmod need the informations stored into the comments to make the right changes into the bfb file to improve the print quality.

Jörg Schäfer

Nov 9, 2014, 2:00:27 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've tried everything and I have super print quality and settings are reproducible for the first time.
All settings in Kisslicer Sets to the printer.
Try it out!
My printer is a CubeX with firmware V1.7
and with the comments may also Orig. BFB Touch3000 not do anything.

giovanni.v

Nov 9, 2014, 3:14:46 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jörg,
I understand that if you've printed with Cubex software before, the quality you may print with Kisslicer can be for you "Super print quality".

I also understand that Cubeitmod adds more parameters and it could be more difficult to tune.

But if you want to print good flat surfaces like the triangle (it's difficult because the length is not the same, short near the point and long on the other side):

or if you want to print good quality on the perimeter when the length changes all the long of the part like with the frog, you must use Cubeitmod with "Include Comments " ACTIVATED.

I don't need to try your solution, simply because I've already "tried" it, because it's how Cubeit and the firsts versions of Cubeitmod were working.

Now if you need some help to set up correctly your Kisslicer+Cubeitmod, ask your questions here on the group.

Jörg S

Nov 9, 2014, 3:40:33 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Please send me the STL of the frog and the settings and I do a test print with Cobeitmod and without.
have unfortunately only a Singelextruder.

giovanni.v

Nov 9, 2014, 3:56:52 PM11/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You can find the treefrog on Thingiverse, but if you print the "Cone" is faster and you have the same difficulty on the perimeter.
The settings are into the ini files into the first post of the Cubeitmod 4.9 thread, but they depends on the filament you're using.
cone.stl
TestSolidCourt.stl