Super even layers. KISSlicer outperforms Simplify3D... H-how???

Jaime García Villena

Oct 31, 2014, 5:44:34 AM10/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello everybody.

It's been a year since I switched to KISSlicer and what made me stay was this:

Look at the layers. They are even, they are equal. The result is astounding. This part may not be the best example of the results I'm talking about but you get the idea.

You see, I've worked a lot with Cura and Slic3r, and even with the same speed and feedrate setting I can not recreate these results. I assure you it is not a mechanical thing, because my printer is poorly made, and falls apart everytime I print.

Recently I had the opportunity of testing Simplify3D and I expected that 140€ software would give the best results... But it doesn't.

How does this work? Which are the factors that make such a nice finish?

...And why only KISSlicer gets it?

Andrew Diehl

Oct 31, 2014, 3:32:39 PM10/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Consistent perimeter sense (ie:clockwise/ccw) and lining up the loop starts goes a loooong way to give good surface finish. Tried to talk to the simplify 3D guys about this when Jonathan went MIA but they weren't very willing to work with me.