filament slipping can we fix it?

toranarod

May 28, 2014, 5:07:09 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is the idler wheel inside the extruder.
I am going to make a range of idler wheels so you change the wheel to suite your favorite filament supplier.
It will be interesting to see if the computer will allow it.
I am doing it because I damaged my drive wheel just by cleaning it the one on the other side. They will only sell me one if I buy the hole unit for 300 dollars .  so this is my solution to that big price rip off. I am changing the drive wheel for an after market version to make it compatible. I just need to change the size of the idler. This is the kicker. only 300 micros is required.  The chequered sticker it just peel of and stick on the new one.
There tight ass approach has made me see another opportunity to supply a modification the ever body can benefit from.
Is this a helpful idea.

idler.jpg

Peter Gregory

May 28, 2014, 8:15:33 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Let me know how it goes.
I've been trying different vendors of Filament to find suppliers that work with the stock feeder.
So far, I've had luck with two: ProtoParadigm and Winbo.
Getting rollers with slightly more clearance would open up more possibilities.

toranarod

May 28, 2014, 6:55:01 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
My mate with the Lathe is making a few today.
I will post photos of the new parts and let you know.

Jeremy Beasley

May 29, 2014, 2:33:37 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is great.  I have been wondering what it would be like if I did the same thing!  I look forward to your findings.