Sla dlp printer support

Matt Hoover

Jun 29, 2014, 1:25:27 PM6/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jonathan,
Is there any chance that kisslicer would support the resin style sla printers. I backed the kudo3d Titan 1 and should get my mitts on it in November sometime.

Can you export the slices into images for use with these dlp/sla printers? I think it would be an excellent added capability that I'd be willing to pay an add on fee.

Thanks
Matt

Taylor Stull

Jul 2, 2014, 9:36:13 AM7/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Matt and Jonathan,
I would also be interested in this added printer feature and willing to pay a fee to be able to keep KS in my multiple printers work flow.
I'm also an Early bird backer for the Titan1.
Thanks,
Taylor

funBart

Jul 2, 2014, 7:32:09 PM7/2/14
I thought that one of the first SLA printers (that 100$ one) is working with Blender,  outputting an audio signal,  actually steering the XY movement of the laser.  Quite a challenge for KS..  I suppose that,  as long they have a way to interpret standard Gcode,  any new printer type can be used with Kisslicer.
For some,  like Makerbot and CubeX there are postprocessors made by nice people,  that can translate the Gcode output of KS to that specific firmware needed format.
Maybe you can track down the used format for the Titan.  As it's opensource en Gcode based there is a good chance to get it to work with KS.
Bart

Robert Eaton

Jul 3, 2014, 1:53:26 PM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Don't really know anything about this, but since the Titan 1 is DLP not laser I would imagine it prints an entire layer at once.
So no Gcode in the usual sense. Probably just add the support structure, slice, and then output each layer (maybe a bitmap) that gets projected by the DLP.

I could  be wrong :-)

Clinton Hoines

Jul 10, 2014, 10:44:44 AM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If your looking for a slicer that is designed and supports DLP SLA printers the one I use is Creation Wrokshop. I use it on my HD DLP printer and it works super nice very easy to use. It will def work on the Titan since they will be using a modified version form Steve with there printer. ;)