Unable to Print File

rej4449

May 1, 2014, 2:42:05 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Whenever I try to print anything I sliced with KiSSlicer, I get an error message on the printer "Unable to print file".  I've gone over the settings multiple times, so I have no idea what is causing the problem.  I am running firmware v1.04.  Any idea what is wrong?
CalibrationBox.bfb.bak
CalibrationBox.bfb

rej4449

May 1, 2014, 2:43:19 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
And when I can get the calibration box to print, how do I calibrate the printer?

hugues

May 1, 2014, 5:40:03 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Never try on this firmware, i can't help you, just be sure to folow the procedure when installing cubeitmod. Otherwise upgrade your printer.

After you can do this:
After installing cubeitmod
1 - open a small cube or cylinder (like 20*20*20 mm) (it like the second cause i can watch the PS for M227/228)
2 - measure your filament diameter in several points and put the average in the material tab (name it by material/layer thickness, ex: PLA-Cubex-0.1mm)
3 - Still in the material tab, start with a flow tweak to 1, For the M227/M228 (seam effect) look on the forum or start with Giovanni values.
4 - Setup the basical function for the calibration in the style tab (1loop, 0 skin thickness, 0 jitter, extrusion&infill width to 0.5 and your layer height, infill to hollow, wipe off)
5 - Slice/Save and print your test
6 - Print finish : measure the only loop print, if its less than 0.5 mm increase the flow tweak by 0.02 per 0.1 mm if it's more i think you understand... Re-print with the new value and check if your thickness is right.
7 - Look at the seam, you can have a "flat" seam when playing with the M227/228, i made some repport on 0.1 mm layer height : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WgGEOTtXixm_hI-uub_aQnoXUR1mZRT1FbxexAzdgUc/edit?usp=sharing

8 - After this try some print to check the surface aspect. 100 % on the solid box is a good value if your printer is not offset.

After it's better to try with some small models that you can find on thingiverse, just seach with calibration in keyword.

Hope it's help !

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 6:00:08 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Go to G-Code
and erase some lines you have added like
prefix :
Select Extruder:
Deselect Extruder:
and the others like these, I put those lines into the instructions just to show where the lines must be copied, but those names must not be copied into the windows, because they are the names of the windows.

rej4449

May 1, 2014, 7:13:50 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Now when I try to print a .bfb file I get a puddle of filament and then the error "Filament Flow Fail" on the Cubex.  If I load a .cubex file or a .bfb that someone else prepared, it works fine.  I'm using the instructions Giovanni included with CubeItMod v4.0.  I'm sure it is an issue with the .ini files.  It's now a week mucking around with this and I still cannot get a decent print from KiSSlicer.  No, not even one!  I cannot believe that nobody has posted a working set of .ini files to use as a baseline.  Will somebody PLEASE upload a working set of .ini files?  I can tweak from there.

Steven

May 1, 2014, 10:16:45 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Rej449,

Create a new folder on your PC called "Kiss_Base"
Copy Kisslicer.exe into Kiss_Base
Copy the attached files into Kiss_Base
Copy a SIMPLE stl file into Kiss_Base
Double-click the Kisslicer.exe that is in Kiss_Base
Load, slice, save your program
Load a reel of pla on nozzle 1
run program.

After you get this working, copy everything into a new folder.  Make future changes there.  Keep this folder as a baseline.

_supports.ini
_styles.ini
_printers.ini
_materials.ini
Message has been deleted

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 2, 2014, 1:06:41 AM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The GAIN of the extruders must be set to : 0.0225

rej4449

May 2, 2014, 3:34:03 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Steven,

Thanks for the .INI files.  With a few minor changes I am now able to print.  I have some issues that I need to work through, but I am printing.

I have been in IT for many years.  I make backups before I make any changes.

Thanks to all who replied.

Steven

May 2, 2014, 3:53:13 PM5/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com