First print and bulk filament question

Ajay Dulai

Jul 6, 2014, 11:53:44 PM7/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone I would like to thank everyone on the forum for all of the support and helping me get my first print on any 3d printer. I am 15 so I thought this was pretty cool. I will attach a picture of my first print of a sprocket.

1. First question on the second picture attached is there any way to fix the stringy texture on the bottom of the print?

2. For my cubex printer apparently with kisslicer you can use bulk filament can anyone provide a link of what that would be like and the cost. Also if you can tell me if there is anything different from replacing the expensive cubex filament cartridges.

Thanks

IMAG0583.jpg
IMAG0587.jpg

Lawrence LaRocque

Jul 7, 2014, 3:05:45 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Did you print the sprocket with the small end on the bed? If you right click on the stl file on the right side of kisslicer you can flip it upside down. There is a large overhang which could cause the print to look like that. Try flipping it and put the large flat side on the build so you have something below it. Either that or add support. And as far as the bulk filament, I had bought some from lulzbot a while back but haven't gotten any since.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2014, 5:02:38 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ajay,
not all the filaments are available in every country, I use 3DFactories but I don't know if you can buy it in your country.
The important thing is the dimension, the Cubex doesn't accept filaments larger than 1.8 mm, look for filaments 1.75mm with a dimensional tolerance of +/- 0.05mm( if you find 1.75mm +/-0.1mm it will not work).

Do you use Cubeitmod V4.5 as post processor?

Peter Gregory

Jul 7, 2014, 8:30:13 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
For bulk filament in the US I've found two suppliers that work well with Cubex:

ProtoParadigm - $26 per kg (2 lbs)
Winbo (use ebay) - $20 per kg

I bypass the feeder tubes and feed the filament directly into the print heads.
I built a stand to hold the filament above the printer to feed down into the heads.

Joseph Chiu

Jul 9, 2014, 8:54:41 AM7/9/14
to Peter Gregory, kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Jul 7, 2014 at 5:30 AM, Peter Gregory <talk...@gmail.com> wrote:
 $26 per kg (2 lbs)

Not to call out any vendor specifically, but I wanted to mention that there's a bit of a trend now to pack 900 grams (2 lbs) instead of 1,000g, which is 2.2 lbs.  There are also 700 grams (net weight) cartridges that are also starting to show up from some vendors.

FWIW, our shop (toybuilderlabs.com) sells 1.0 kg net weight.