Kisslicer refugees

fun Bart

Dec 13, 2013, 3:37:38 PM12/13/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Because of the Kisslicer forum is polluted to much with spam, and the absence of a moderator, I have created this forum to keep Kisslicer alive.
Kisslicer is my favorite slicer because of it's predictability of output, smart generated support of objects and the great visual feedback of model and Gcode.

It's intended 'for the time being', until the developer of Kisslicer is active again.

I was planning to paste and copy some important posts of it to this forum.
If this will affect someones rights, please report so I can take appropriate actions.

Bart

ardizzo...@gmail.com

Dec 14, 2013, 12:01:36 PM12/14/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The real question is: will KS developement continue  ?

Hello all,
Davide Ardizzoia
3ntr

funBart

Dec 14, 2013, 12:34:29 PM12/14/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, that was my hesitation as well. But, when he returns, we have kept KS alive, and were able to help each other in the meanwhile.

And when he don't returns, even with alternative slicers, KS is still my favorite, and I expect to keep using it a long time. I don't expect other slicers will beat KS on all points the coming half year. So, I assume others will have the same attitude; when the KS forum is unusable at the end, we are still able to help each other with KS, until other slicers will be outclassing KS. (is outclassing a word?)
Bart

Jonathan Wong

Dec 18, 2013, 5:28:07 PM12/18/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Bart for your great initiative... it is a shame I was only given very basic moderator privileges and was not able to properly stem the spamming issue. We are all waiting to hear from Jonathan again and hopefully things can go back to normal, but until then I am happy that we have a peaceful place to discuss KISSlicer :)

Stephen Eaton

Dec 18, 2013, 8:58:11 PM12/18/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for getting this up, much appreciated, fingers crosses it's only needed for a short time

Joergen Geerds

Dec 28, 2013, 2:48:23 PM12/28/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much for getting this refugee camp on the way... much needed.

bob smith

Dec 28, 2013, 5:02:38 PM12/28/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for setting this up Funbart!

funBart

Dec 28, 2013, 5:14:53 PM12/28/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!
I was wondering at which point you all think to switch to this forum.

IMO is the old KS forum still usable a bit (but for me not searchable when not using the exact needed words).
The "news" group got each 15 seconds a spampost / the "tips and Tricks" and "support"  1 per 3 hours or so.

But the "Printer setup" only one per two or three days. I don't know if Chillyd is deleting spam there, but otherwise it's still usable I think.
Personally I think it's still a good idea to use that group for all kind of posts for now.
Bart

tro...@yahoo.com

Jan 1, 2014, 5:27:23 PM1/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Just wanted to say Thanks funBart!

A. Elias

Jan 6, 2014, 1:21:10 PM1/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for creating this forum.  I too love KISSlicer as I've tried other slicers and this is by far the best one.  I would love to purchase the pro key, but I think I will wait for creator we return to the scene.

Many of the topics posted/pasted I've learned through trial and error and plan to review them more as I wasn't an avid user of the original forum.

ADam

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 4:33:21 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Pffff, that's what I was afraid off: The Kisslicer.com site seems to be out of the air because of the spam....

PenskeGuy

Jan 13, 2014, 4:40:21 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah. Just hit the site as I do each day to see how many pages the News forum has gotten up to and to check the only still-running thread, and got a "Temporarily closed for maintenance" page. Then removed the forum/ form the URL to see if the main domain site was still there and got "Bandwidth Limit Exceeded". So, either 1and1 finally got a clue and is doing something about it or it's an auto-shutdown and nothing's changed.

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 4:54:37 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
PenskeGuy, did you see that there was some initiative to make Cura work for BfB, as I thought you had such a machine?

Robert Eaton

Jan 15, 2014, 8:00:28 PM1/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well Kisslicer.com is back up.
Not the forum though.

Steven

Jan 16, 2014, 11:23:25 AM1/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is is possible that Johnathan is back and rebuilding the website?

Or is the site provider doing this?

At least new users can purchase licenses again.

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2014, 12:23:06 AM1/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Most likely the service provider, looks like the spam flood hit the bandwidth limit to me.

funBart

Jan 18, 2014, 9:55:46 AM1/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
yes, but first the main KS site had a warning about 'exceeding bandwidth" or so and the forum was closed for maintenance. Now only the forum is closed.
Seems to me that a provider can't close down only parts of the site? It gave me the impression that someone with access to the site content had changed something.
HopingforTheBestBart
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jan 18, 2014, 11:30:44 PM1/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I could be wrong, the KS site does look a little different, I think the KS logo has a different texture map.

Still no replies on key resend request

Robert Eaton

Jan 20, 2014, 9:41:38 AM1/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
>I could be wrong, the KS site does look a little different, I think the KS logo has a different texture map.

Using the Wayback machine from a snapshot of December 6th, looks identical to me.

PenskeGuy

Jan 22, 2014, 1:50:58 AM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Depends upon how the page is coded. The "wood" logo is different. Never had seen it previously.

funBart

Jan 22, 2014, 10:22:25 AM1/22/14
1. The only reason we have this alternative forum IMO, is to keep KS alive in the case it's beyond Jonathan's possibilities to respond for now (as in: very ill)
2. When it turns out he was on a long holiday or another lame excuse: I'm out of here!
3. When it turns out he won't "ever be able to do anything at all", well, that would be sad but until that I hold on to sentence nr 1.

Anar Spacymen

Jan 27, 2014, 9:31:30 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for that initiative !
The only thing that makes me sad is having no news at all from Jonathan. So long...
I strongly hope he is fine.

Anar

Rodney Wells

Feb 7, 2014, 4:39:08 PM2/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Just found my way here. I hope ever thing is ok. with out Jonathan and the KISSlicer  program our 3D printing is in jeopardy .
I have really missed the forum . Thanks for this refugee camp.

Jeff Schaber

Feb 11, 2014, 2:33:55 PM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know if you can still purchase the Pro license and get an unlock key? I had heard a while back that people were still getting these but haven't heard anything lately.

DDME-Marc

Feb 11, 2014, 3:50:44 PM2/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

If it's any consolation I purchased a Pro licence around the middle of January and received the licence files no problem. In light of Jonathan's absence I suspect the licencing process is fully automated, as I received email confirmation and licence files a day or two after placing the order.

Cheers,

Marc

toranarod

Feb 18, 2014, 4:38:41 PM2/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello PenskeGuy

With the forum down you where my number one GOTO guy for every thing BFB.
I certainty do miss the forum and our discussions.  Can you private message on this Google group?

I think Jonathan he has been poached by a 3D software house and given the big bucks to shut up and stop giving away all the good software that is preventing sales to the corporations.

He must of been a real pain in the ass to 3D systems. The problem is as soon as one guy goes there are 2 more willing to pick up the slack.  This is a good thing for us,

Toranarod

Hytek3D

Mar 5, 2014, 8:52:01 PM3/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jonathon is a piece of shit to let us hanging out there like this.
Cubify is a piece of shit as well.
They replaced my cubex dou without me asking because the machine sucks period.
Now I havbe a new cubex dou that still sucks, what a fucking joke 3D systems is.

auctio...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2014, 11:59:18 AM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Hytek3D... move on with your life, as no one, including Jonathan is making you "hanging out there like this" with you Cubex Duo problems=.

First of all I don't believe for one moment that Jonathon, would put several years of his life in to his project KISSlicer, and then abandon the project as leave everybody "hanging out" without any word or public notification that he is ceasing to continue development of KISSlicer.

You might end up  feeling and looking like a real piece of ShiT when we may at some date find out :
He was killed or a child of his.
He or one of his family members diagnosed with cancer etc.
He is going through a divorce, no longer has a stable environment.
Or maybe he decided he wanted his life back, and he is just done with it.
etc., etc. and etc.

Be thankful for what we have right now,,, the best free slicer available...

So I say Thank You Jonathan wherever you are....

As for your Cubex, maybe you should have done a little more research and critical thinking before you married yourself to your Cubex Duo.

A. Elias

Mar 6, 2014, 1:01:34 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
right on brother..

funBart

Mar 6, 2014, 1:13:34 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
@Hytek3D: I can understand your frustration because of a problematic printer without, apparently, a good slicer delivered with it. Certainly when now the only working alternative slicer is abandoned as well.
But, all speculations and conspiracy theories on other reasons he abandoned Kisslicer and it's users are meaningless for now. So I suggest everybody keeps polite, as there is no reason to be angry based on assumptions.
When it turns out you were right, there will be lots of room here for you, others and myself to express our feelings ;-)

funBart

Apr 12, 2014, 3:42:35 PM4/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Funniest request of membership approval of the month by  Woody Williams :-)  :

I started with Slic3r thru Repetier-Host, who could blame me for getting to know another slicer?! I never vowed to love and honor 'til Death, I tell you. Please let me into your Kisslicer Refugee Camp

PenskeGuy

Apr 19, 2014, 9:07:12 PM4/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Let's please keep it civil, if not respectful.

On Thursday, March 6, 2014 8:59:18 AM UTC-8, auctio...@gmail.com wrote:
A bunch of stuff I wish I hadn't the pleasure of reading.

funBart

Jul 27, 2014, 8:47:15 AM7/27/14
Pffff,  the reasons I get of some to get approved....  One wonders how they are raised.  Must be terrible parents.

BART IK BEN JE ZOON DUS JE MOET ME TOELATEN HIERONDER NOG MEERDERE REDENEN DAT IK TOEGELATEN MOET WORDEN: 1: IK BEN JE ZOON 2: IK KAN CAPS-LOCK GEBRUIKEN 3: IK BEN JE ZOON  COEN