CubeX Duo, Cartridge reader Voltages

Destroyer9747

Sep 23, 2014, 8:52:42 PM9/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know what the voltages for the cartridge bay readers are?

I managed to have fought off the many scourges of the CubeX to get it working and working with Kisslicer and some Maker ABS already laying around. Afterwards, I did a excavation within the different recently to discover that the school CubeX installer had removed the Z screws which might have caused some other issues; meanwhile, I had taken the cartridge reader circuits off the mounts (only a small cartridge bay reading error popped up but it does not matter) and I was wondering if anyone had figured out what the voltages were for the reader plugin because I am thinking of either adding a small led or using it for something else. If anyone would know what the voltage range for the cartridge reader outputs are, please let me know since I would like to see what I could do with the useless voltages.

toranarod

Oct 5, 2014, 12:19:31 PM10/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
do you mean the 4 pin connector in the centre of the MB called RS 232.  its got supply on it 15 volts
RS 232.jpg

Destroyer9747

Oct 7, 2014, 11:37:03 PM10/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I believe it is similar but it has 4 wires off of it (not just two) and I may wonder if that RS 232 is part of the extruder looking at the "extruder 2". I found it peculiar that not having the actual reader heads (4 pin connected mini-board for cartridge reader) connected would cause a "Bay reader 1 error" and it would not allow you to have the temperature running for the extruder. Anyway, I forgot to get pictures of the wiring but I remember that it has 4 wires and I was wondering which ones were the power to the reader since I see that the second cartridge bay reader connector (longest wire).