CubeItMod V4.0Beta4 post-processor for Kisslicer and Cubex printers

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 6, 2014, 4:16:22 PM5/6/14
New version, at the moment I had just the time to fine tune the algorithm for 0.1 layer thickness and Cubex ABS material, in these conditions the parameter Solid% should not be changed, now with 100 it will work for small and large flat surfaces, at the bottom of the message you'll find my settings.

CubeitMod V4.0Beta4 works with the previous version of Kisslicer and also with the new one, the 1.5.
The older CubeItMod V3.7 works only with the older Kisslicer.
CubeItMod 3.7 DON'T WORK WITH Kisslicer 1.5 !!!

What's new on V4.0 :
-The Solid function that is used by Kisslicer to fill flat horizontal surfaces is now manged into a diffferent way.
The previous Solid% ( into CubeItMod V3.7) was used to reduce the amount of plastic extruded and was applied to all the "Solid" surfaces of the priting.
Now every line into the solid is calculated differently and you'll have an automatic big correction for small lines and an automatic adjustment with low correction for longer lines. ( you'll notice the speed of the motor will change while printing a flat surface).
This will help obtain good surfaces on parts with both large and small flat horizontal surfaces.
Solid% can still be used to tweak the correction, if you set 100 = no tweak, if you set less than 100 less material will be printed on very small flat surfaces, if you set more than 100 more material will be printed on very small surfaces.

About installation :
If you're already running CubeItMod V3.7 or CubeItMod V4.0Beta, just copy CubeItMod.exx into your Kisslicer folder, delete the old CubeItMod.exe and rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

If you're not running CubeItMod V3.7 here's how to install :

1 ) copy the CubeItMod files into the Kisslicer Folder
Rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

2) Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po
Now you have the new Menu, with the names for CubeItMod.

3) Go to Printer/Firmware/Post-Processor menu and put :
cubeitmod.exe "<FILE>"

4)  Into the Printer/Firmware Menu
Turn the comments ON
Turn USE M228 ON

5) Into Material menu use these starting settings, after you can fine tune these values to fit your materials and the part you're printing :

M227P = 0.15
M227S = 0.04
M228P= 0.015
M228S= 0.02
Infill% = 100
Solid% = 100

6) Into Style menu put Use M227 ON

7) Check your Prt GCode menu you must have :

Prefix :
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90

Select Extruder:
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P3000 S80
M543

Deselect Extruder:
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

N [*] Layers
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

Postfix
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

8) Examples of Fine tuning for 0.1 layer thickness and ABS material:

CubeItMod.exx
CubeItMod.po
CubeItMod40Beta4.au3

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2014, 8:13:27 AM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
hi,

This is a very good idea that seems to work well for me after a few adjustments!

However, why not change the motor speed of the extruder rather than the movement speed?

Also, when using your parameters for the M227 and M228 with a thickness of 0.25mm there is a very poor flow in materials

Thank you very much and all the best

hugues

Apr 28, 2014, 8:25:52 AM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The motor of the extruder is not accurate (or the firmware), it just understand some values like 1/1.5/2/..., it's why Giovanni adjust the movement speed to the RPM.

Did you try the stl posted by Giovanni ?

Thanks for your feedback

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2014, 8:49:18 AM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I understand why it is not possible to work on motor speed of the extruder

I can not find the stl

Before I leave the M227 and M228 I had not too bad results with the following values:

M227 P180 S160
M228 P0 S160

While Giovanni use the following values​​:

M227 S118 P444
M228 S59 P44

In fact I think I just do without these functions

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 28, 2014, 11:12:06 AM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
can you please try to print this bfb.
Put ABS on your extruder 1, if possible an original 3dSystem cartridge, because the file is calibrated on the original filament.
Check the z-Gap and print, it'll take jut a few minutes and after let me know about the quality.

Can you tell us what adjustments did you make about the settings I've posted.
TestSolidCourt.bfb

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 4:52:15 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank you
for the file, but now I print PLA
I keep the file and I will print it when I will return to ABS

thank you

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 5:45:34 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Can you tell us what adjustments did you make about the settings I've posted.

I forgot to mention my adjustment !

I print in PLA (Black Cubex)
I turn OFF M227 and M228
Flow Tweak = 1.0
Infill % = 80 ( 75% is also good )
Solid % = 90 (100% is also good
Fan inside = 0%

only that

Bye

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 5:49:30 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to mention that I modified infill style :

infill style = straight

because your tweak doesn't work for me with rounded

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 7:45:09 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
A photo of a print with CubeItMod V4.0 beta
_DSC1264.JPG

hugues

Apr 29, 2014, 8:11:35 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It's look like a flow tweak problem, is 1 loop measuring 0.5 mm ?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 8:33:44 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Turn ON m227 and M228, I've very poor results without using these functions.

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 9:52:49 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hugues :

I do a raft

Giovanni :

When i use M227 and M228 i have a big flow issue ( The material flows only a small piece every one centimeter )

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 10:09:50 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
can you send me the bak file with this problem ?

y.ult...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2014, 10:54:35 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I think I found the problem!
I put "1st layerMax Speed" to 10 (for the raft)
Now I put 15 and the problem seems to have disappeared ^ ^
I will send you. bak if I have again the problem with M227 and M228

thank you again

Ryan

May 1, 2014, 1:50:49 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have finally decided to try to make the switch to this post processor.  I followed the instructions for settings in the version 3.7 topic.  I keep getting this error attached.  I also tried this with version 4.0, and the same thing happened.  .Ini files are attached.  What is the problem with the setup?  Thanks
_supports.ini
_materials.ini
_printers.ini
_styles.ini
error.jpg

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 1, 2014, 2:31:07 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ryan,look into this tread :

Tom had the same problem and you'll find there the solution.

Ryan

May 1, 2014, 4:07:37 PM5/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Awesome.  That did it!

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 6, 2014, 4:19:32 PM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've modified the first post of the tread.

Like suggested by Jonathan doing this :

3) Go to Printer/Firmware/Post-Processor menu and put :
cubeitmod.exe "<FILE>"

will allow to use blanks into file names.