CubeItMod V3.7 Installation Guide

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 3:00:51 AM4/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here's how to install :

1 ) copy the CubeItMod files into the Kisslicer Folder
Rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

2) Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po
Now you have the new Menu, with the names for CubeItMod.

3) Go to Printer/Firmware/Post-Processor menu and put :
cubeitmod.exe <FILE>

4)  Into the Printer/Firmware Menu
Turn the comments ON
Turn USE M228 ON

5) Into Material menu use these starting settings, after you can fine tune these values to fit your materials and the part you're printing :

M227P = 0.15
M227S = 0.04
M228P= 0.015
M228S= 0.02
Infill% = 100
Solid% = 100

6) Into Style menu put Use M227 ON

7) Check your Prt GCode menu you must have :

Prefix :
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90

Select Extruder:
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P3000 S80
M543

Deselect Extruder:
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

N [*] Layers
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

Postfix
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

8) Examples of Fine tuning :
This works fine for me on ABS, Layer thickness 0.2, Infill 33%, 2 loops, loops go from inside to perimeter ON

This works fine for me on ABS, Layer thickness 0.05, Infill 33%, 2 loops, loops go from inside to perimeter ON

CubeItMod.exx
CubeItMod.po
Message has been deleted

TLu

Apr 11, 2014, 4:31:59 AM4/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you very much for the ongoing optimization of your post processor! It works really great!
Do you maybe have also an example of your PLA settings?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 11, 2014, 5:35:55 AM4/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, you can try this as starting point for 0.05 and 0.1 layer thickness with PLA:

Dayron Escobar

Apr 17, 2014, 2:29:10 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giovanni,

I have followed all the instructions but Im getting this error message and I even changed the nameof the file before saving and it still pops up..

Also before this update I was getting a message of not enough fillament and bay 2 empty on my duo.

Could you send me in the right direction please.

Thank you

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2014, 2:58:18 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Just read the message error.
You have 0 for Solid% put 100 to begin, after you can fine tune it.
Make sure you are changing the settings into the material you are using.
First look into printer :

Look the extruder used for the Object ( here EXT 1) , then look the material used by Ext 1 ( here ABS 0.1 With PLA Support )

Then go to Material and load the same material used by Ext1 :

now set Solid%, Infill% and other parameters with the good values.

Message has been deleted

Dayron Escobar

Apr 17, 2014, 3:31:11 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giovanni,
Thank you
These are the settings I place before the error, Though I dont have the same options on the menue as you.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2014, 3:36:30 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
you didn't follow the instrucitons.
you missed this :

2) Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po
Now you have the new Menu, with the names for CubeItMod.

Dayron Escobar

Apr 17, 2014, 3:53:04 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I did... and still I have only one option to choose from 1 ext and cant change the settings in Misc.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2014, 4:10:30 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Dayron Escobar

Apr 17, 2014, 7:42:25 PM4/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Giovanni, I understand that, I still cant click on it to change it. It wont allow me to click on it.
What Im I doing wrong.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 3:31:50 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks like a problem with Kisslicer.
Go to :

download one more time and install one more time into another folder.
After installation DON'T INSTALL CUBEITMOD, open kisslicer and test if you can go thought all the menus and change the values.
As you didnt install CubeItMod.po yet you'll not find Solid%, Infill%, M228S ... but you'll find in the same position other names, try to change these values.
If you can it's a problem between with kisslicer and your computer and you can try to install it into another computer.
If you can go into the menus go on with the installation of CubeIt Mod and let me know.

dan.s...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 3:48:05 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Giovanni,
I just went through the install process, set up Kisslicer with the settings detailed in this post.  I am able to save the sliced file, CubeitMod runs and creates the .bfb and .bfb.bak files.  My CubeX doesn't recognize the .bfb file.  Any idea why not?  Did I miss something?

Thanks
Dan

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 3:59:16 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
send me your bfb file

dan.s...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 4:14:23 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

For some reason I cannot upload the file to the forum.  What is your email address?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 4:19:30 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

dan.s...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 4:19:39 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I was able to get it to upload finally.
KSSLTEST1.BFB

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 4:52:55 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
into Ptr g-code / Select Extruder section you reversed the order of the lines.

Why do you set a big Z offset?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 8:02:51 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Don't use capitals for the BFB suffix only lowercase.
file.BFB will not work, file.bfb is OK.

dan.s...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 11:45:46 AM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That worked!!  Great job on CubeX work around.

karabas3

Apr 18, 2014, 2:09:15 PM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry! Can I use your plugin for non cubex printers? I am owner of  mendel90 and seemecnc h1.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2014, 4:58:41 PM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Why do you need a post-processor for your printers?
CubeItMod is specially designed for the Cubex and this printer doesn't work like others bfb printers.

karabas3

Apr 19, 2014, 11:17:17 AM4/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
because kisslicer has slighly incorrect math for path/feed calculating. F.e. smaller internal dimensions when printing ABS.
Are you able to print Nophead's cal.stl test for nut fitting? Sublim had a success only with PLA.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2014, 5:03:01 PM4/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You cant adjust with Inset Surface ?

toranarod

Apr 19, 2014, 8:29:32 PM4/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
CubIt has evolved into a Patch for KISSlicer Has it not. Picking up the tweaks that Jonathan is not on board to do.  Would that be affair assumption?

On that you have done a fantastic Job.

I would imagine by now you are learning more and more about the architecture of the system. Have you thought about going one step further and Writing a Slicer of your own?

Cheers

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2014, 6:35:59 AM4/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi toranarod,
I agree with you, CubeItMod is now a patch for KS, it would be much more easy and efficient to fix the problems into the KS code but we don't have the choice.

I'll continue updating the post-pro for sometimes, a new version is quite ready to be released to fix the problem with the "Solid" better than "Solid%" is doing now and I've already individuate a couple of other problems to fix with future releases.

I cant develop a full slicer, I don't have the time to learn how to do it and the time to develop it.

Giovanni

karabas3

Apr 22, 2014, 2:54:05 PM4/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Yes. But. Inset affects  BOTH dimensions. Internals become  larger  (good) and externals become smaller (bad).

Dayron Escobar

Apr 23, 2014, 9:37:58 AM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi Giovanni,

Sorry for the late response
The only menu Im not able to modify is the misc.
now im getting this new error

Im so lost on this...

Thank you

Steven

Apr 23, 2014, 10:16:07 AM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Dayron

The attached kisslicer ini files will allow you to run without cartridges and do not need a post processor such as cubit or cubitmod.  In the styles tab leave De-String unchecked (the destring command is in the ptr-gcode tab).  Rename your old ini files, and place these in your Kisslicer directory.

This is the "simplest" kisslicer setup but will still create good prints.  This will help you get started.  You can get fancy later.

Enjoy

Steven

_styles.ini
_printers.ini
_supports.ini

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 23, 2014, 10:36:40 AM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Dayron,
you can modify the "Misc." menu only if you have purchased the Pro licence of Kisslicer.

If you want run CubeItMod just follow the procedure at the beginning of the tread.

Dayron Escobar

Apr 23, 2014, 11:06:08 AM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven,

Thank you
Should I use the pevious INI file for the material?

Steven

Apr 23, 2014, 12:42:25 PM4/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes

Dayron Escobar

Apr 24, 2014, 9:55:19 PM4/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Steven and Giovanni,

Great its finally working... Lil problem though the RPM sets at 0.05 so no fillament comes out.. which setting would that be...

Thank you again :D

Steven

Apr 25, 2014, 8:22:30 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
RPM is calculated from filament diameter, flow tweak, extrusion width, layer thickness, and print speed.
Can you post a short program?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 9:54:02 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How did you see that RPM is 0.05 ?
post your bfb and bak files so we can check what's the problem.

Dayron Escobar

Apr 25, 2014, 10:47:07 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Morning,

When I start the print and scroll to the right on the display screen it shows the speed... Im able to adjust it.. but that means I would have to stay there for the whole print changing the speed... (that sucks)...

the file sample is attached
grinder.bfb.bak

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 11:02:36 AM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That's because you are not using CubeItMod.
CubeItMod will change automatically your low speeds to the lowest speed that the Cubex can make and will also recalculate the X/Y speeds according to the new RPM.
And that's only one of the things that CubeItMod does.
I really don't understand why some people still continues to use ini files or the old CubeIt.
CubeItMod is much more better.

Hawk .

Apr 25, 2014, 1:40:09 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi. I am uaing the latest cubeitmod and have taken the instructions and examples of the different menus. But I cant print as everytime I try the cubex tells me unable to print file

Steven

Apr 25, 2014, 1:56:08 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Dayron,

I just sent you a pm.  See if that helps.

Anthony ALLERA

Apr 25, 2014, 2:48:56 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I'm -unfortunately- an owner of a CubeX Duo (and a little Cube). The Cube software is the worst I have ever seen, it's why I was searching for alternatives. Thanks for your work with the CubeItMod.

I have some issues with the quantity of material which flow out, there's too much! I have tried to change some settings, but without a lot of success. Before changing anything else, I am asking you if someone could give me his settings (materials, print, style.ini) to allow me starting on a working basis.

Nota: I won't be able to test until Mai 5th.

Thanks.

hugues

Apr 25, 2014, 3:04:57 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Anthony,

I share this folder with evryone, look at the file M227 M228, there is some setup that give some really good result.
You can also go in the cubeitv4 folder to see some of the print i made during Giovanni works.
M227 / 228 :
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WgGEOTtXixm_hI-uub_aQnoXUR1mZRT1FbxexAzdgUc/editusp=docslist_api

FOLDER:
https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0BwvkEZk49WpGSjE2RTRZQ2pZVUk/edit

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 3:05:00 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hawk,
please post here a bfb and the associated bak file.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2014, 5:13:38 PM4/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Anthony and all Cubex Users,
I need you help, I've tried Hugue's settings and they produces very bad prints on my Cubex and Hugues used my settings on his printer and had also very bad results.
Maybe one of our printers has problems and we have to compare with others to understand what's going on.
Before giving you settings that maybe don't work on your printers I need to know If your printer work like mine.
You'll find here a bfb file of that part :

Put ABS filament on bay 1 ( if possible original 3DSystems filament, because the settings on the file are for it and may change if you use another brand ), set your z-Gap then print the file on your Cubex and let me know if it's OK. Printing time is 52 minutes, that's a testing part with settings for testing the solid Function.
I'll be more than happy to share my settings but I don't want to do it until we clarified this point.

ps. Anthony, don't worry we're on the right way to make you a fortunate owner of a Cubex duo.

Giovanni

SolidTest2(2).bfb

Hawk .

May 6, 2014, 9:07:41 AM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
it turned out that I was missing a ' on the first line

k...@csscon.dk

May 6, 2014, 3:23:19 PM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
hello I have tried your file out, but did use pla, I cant tell if this is the succes or how, I am happy to see it works.

greetings
try.png
trya.png

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 6, 2014, 3:42:11 PM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
the result is not good because the settings are for ABS.

Check the level and z-Gap then print the file you'll find attached here.
It's for PLA on extruder 1, print and let me know.
TestSolidCourtcyl30x10.bfb

k...@csscon.dk

May 7, 2014, 8:22:46 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
ok I did try your abs and the pla parts (see pic)

Abs item.jpg
pla items.jpg

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 7, 2014, 11:24:40 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok, the parts look much more better, what do you think about them ?
It looks like our printers works quite with the same settings, just on the large cylinder you can notice some lack of material on the seam, while on my printer this doesn't append. That means you just have to fine tune a little the M228 S and/or the M228 P.

I'll release soon a new version of CubeItMod and I'll add my ini files with my settings for PLA and ABS, you can start from these settings and just make some little adjustments to improve your print quality.

It's difficult to say just looking the picture if something else need to be tuned, what do you think about the quality of the surfaces, the dimensional precision ( all dimensions are with exacts mm ).

k...@csscon.dk

May 7, 2014, 1:05:51 PM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
As I don't know your exact dimentions i is hard to make exact decitions, I would have loved the prints to be the same in the 2materials.

I am about to print that mesurement-thing you have made of my file.
Have I seen a special note about z-gab different from "normal" cubex?
and if,- is there no way to ajust that to be equal?

greetings

k...@csscon.dk

May 13, 2014, 9:44:41 AM5/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni,

I am very happy with your addon. I have not overviewed if it is actually nessesary, as somebody has claimed that is is just a matter of ini.files.
From you I have to styles, and I suppose that using ABS style means build material then is ABS and vice/versa.
Is it possibly to take in used material, and clear it out ind the cartridge, like normal cubex, for some reasons it could be convinient to know if there is enough to print. I am aware of,  that that might look stupid to somebody, but it is an pleasant option on the cubex.

greeting

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 13, 2014, 10:42:00 AM5/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am very happy with your addon. I have not overviewed if it is actually nessesary, as somebody has claimed that is is just a matter of ini.files.

you can print only with ini files but you'll not have all the extra features that Cubeitmod offers and the print quality will not be so good. Please use CubeitModV4.0Beta4 or CubeItModV4.5, they are better than 3.7

From you I have to styles, and I suppose that using ABS style means build material then is ABS and vice/versa.
Is it possibly to take in used material, and clear it out ind the cartridge, like normal cubex, for some reasons it could be convinient to know if there is enough to print. I am aware of,  that that might look stupid to somebody, but it is an pleasant option on the cubex.

I don't understand your needs

Xabier Tejero Landa

May 14, 2014, 5:45:40 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello.  ^.^

Where do you get v4.5??  O_o

I have been looking and looking, but I don't seem to be able to find it... :(

Xabier Tejero Landa

May 14, 2014, 5:57:46 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Nevermind, found it... -_-