hole on top of object

nimra killio

Jan 12, 2014, 11:33:16 AM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i dont know whats wrong with the setting i used
sailfish + replicator dual

there's so many hole in it, and somehow the top layer everything begin to degrade in quality
the infil at 50 % look like some string instead of a continuous layer and the suport layer colided with loop

setting
perimeter 30
solid infill 60
sparse infill 80

skin thickness 0.4
number of loops 3
extrusion width 0.4
infill extrusion width 0.4
layer thickness 0.15

suport no raft
suport : dense
inflate : 1
support 45 degree

1.7 PLA
temp 210 degree
bed 60 degree
prime and suck 0.5
wipe 5
speed 30
min jump 5
trigger 5
min layer 2

flow 0.65
min 0.1
max 100
z lift 0.2

loop/ solid infill overlap 20

any help is appriciated

funBart

Jan 12, 2014, 11:49:44 AM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,  can you post the stl as well?
I use the same printer/firmware. I saw you have a flow tweak of 0.65. That's odd IMO.  Normal is about 1. What's the diameter of your filament when measured with a caliper?  And what is the diameter you enter under the material tab?
Can you post the produced Gcode as well,  with the comments enabled on the printer tab?

nimra killio

Jan 12, 2014, 1:12:57 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
the filament diameter is 1.68 and i type 1.7
it not just the model above but almost every tall object or small object did get it like that
smaller object like 3mm cylinder with 1cm tall would get sticky to extruder head and get drag when it make circle move and make the cylinder fat in the middle and slim on top lol

funBart

Jan 12, 2014, 2:34:47 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Why did you set the flow to 0.65? That makes no sense imo. Please set it to 1. And input exact the filament diameter as measured. Please try again then and report back.
You have set the gain on the printer tab as well to 1?

Steven

Jan 12, 2014, 5:57:06 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Another problem with tall skinny objects is that each layer is finished before it has a chance to cool and solidify.  Then the next layer is started on a soft layer and you eventually end up with a blob at the top.

In this case, building two of the same object can help.  The layer has a chance to cool while the head is building the other part.

nimra killio

Jan 12, 2014, 8:03:12 PM1/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
will the extruder damaged if i set the temp 180 for pla?

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 4:08:13 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't think it will damage the extruder, but when the temp is to low filament isn't melted anymore, so the extruder motor can't process it well, resulting in a 'cluck, clunck' clunck sound.
But you can leave the temp on a normal level and maybe set the minimum layer temp at the material tab a little higher.

What helps the most is to attach an extra fan on your printer to cool the print. I mounted a 120mm computer fan on it to extra cool a PLA print.

Did you adjust the flow tweak already?
Bart

Rick Zehr

Jan 13, 2014, 4:50:57 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Some PLA, such as DiamondAge from printbl.com, prints great at 180C, others need temps around 202C for best results. Your results Will vary.

nimra killio

Jan 13, 2014, 7:41:24 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i tweak the flow to 1
and it turn out great, and guess what the hbp isn't level
i'll try to level it and post about the result again

nimra killio

Jan 13, 2014, 7:43:17 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
sorry double,
can i attach computer fan at the side of the box? not directly on top of extruder?

funBart

Jan 13, 2014, 7:48:35 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
simply mounted it on the frame/box with a tie-wrap.

WarrenE

Jan 13, 2014, 9:54:55 PM1/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I had a similar issue with the top of objects not printing correctly.  I think you might want to try changing the skin thickness to 1.2 (which is the same as the wall thickness if you are doing 3 perimeter loops at .4 extrusion width).

nimra killio

Jan 14, 2014, 1:26:07 AM1/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
on desprate move i use industrial stand fan blowing directly to hbp and it turn out very good
i'll try it with funbart sugested tommorrow

and what WarrenE sugest help very much thanks

nimra killio

Jan 14, 2014, 10:30:00 AM1/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
here is the last result

the wall is nicely print but there is something wrong with the infill i don't know where

at 1 point it nicely straight wall so i think its not because of backlash

all is printed at once

here is the setting for style

skin thickness 1

loops 3

infil 100%

ex width 0.4

infill ex witdh 0.4

layer thickness 0.2

flow tweak 1

extruder gain 1

bed roughness 0.1

funBart

Jan 14, 2014, 12:52:28 PM1/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
As for the tiny holes in the tooth's of the wheels: Did you disable the Crowning threshold on the "Misc tab" (set it to -1)?
Probably setting it to 1 is filling that little gaps. BTW: the Crowning threshold is a PRO function only to my knowledge.

Does anybody knows how the free version is working? I know it's greyed out, but is it working with the standard value of 1?
Bart

nimra killio

Jan 15, 2014, 10:32:42 AM1/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
for the wheel, it turns out kisslicer path isn't even goes through there to fill that gap
i change the extrusion and infill width to make the path goes there and it comes out great