dual extrude

nimra killio

Jan 15, 2014, 11:02:36 AM1/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
thank for this community hospitality and giving me many information

so, i think it's time for learning dual extrude ( till this second i never tried dual extruding )

anyone have some tutorial or setting or stl or gcode prefix dll?

funBart

Jan 15, 2014, 11:51:11 AM1/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Kisslicer is only supporting dual extrusion for now for the support structure (and only with the PRO version)

The most important first is to look into your machines info what Gcode is needed for the firmware used for your machine (You didn't tell which machine you have)
Maybe there are already good presets for your printer, made by somebody else.

The first steps are:
  • to choose the right firmware flavor (Absolute E, Relative E, Makerbot style)
  • to modify the Ptr Gcode Prefix Gcode for your machine (so both extruders warm up for example)
  • to modify the "Ptr Gcode Select extruder' Gcode field to your Needs. (common used is the T<EXT+0> command, but for Makerbot is M135 T<EXT+0> used.
  • Modify the end Gcode, so all the extruders will cool.
Second
  • Depending of your machine: set under support "medium', gap 0.7mm or so.
  • Then under Printer//Extruder: set the used materials and Map the extruders to object and support.

Cura and Slic3r are able to process multicolored objects. For them it's just to have two stl's, representing the right and left extruder. When you make those dual colored objects yourself in your modeler, remember that they have to be exported with respect to the shared coordinate system. So in FE Sketchup, select the first mesh and export and select the second and export.
In Slic3r you have an option to merge those stl's to a new (AMF) file and slice it. About the same in Cura: select the two stl's on the plate, right click and choose the merge for dual extrusion option.

I have a test dual stl attached on this post.
Cura two single stl's

Cura, two stl's merged

Repetier: result Gcode including support

Bart

Stair right.stl
Stair left.stl

Steven

Jan 16, 2014, 8:59:20 AM1/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Depending on the type of coloring you want you can also use a post processor called KissInColor.

nimra killio

Jan 16, 2014, 9:55:21 AM1/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
kissincolor is very promising but i don't even know how to change between extruder or set the temprature to standby (googling but unfortunetly all information is curently in closed for maintenance forum)

my printer is replicator 1 dual
anyone can help sharing the setting for dual extruder?

Steven

Jan 16, 2014, 1:06:44 PM1/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Funbart copied a lot of the posts from the old forum to here.  A search of this forum returned some hits including this one.

funBart

Jan 16, 2014, 3:08:50 PM1/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have the Rep 1 dual as well, and attached my settings at the following post:

Included is the GPX postprocessor by which the output of Kisslicer is not only Gcode, but x3g as well. You can copy that x3g output file directly to your sd card and print with it. (no need to do it in ReplicatorG or Makerware).
You have to change the path to gpx in the printer tab of KS to your path (were you copied the zip content of the attachement). otherwise it won't be found by KS.
Same for the stl of the Rep1, but that's just for fun.

Bart

cooldutchies

Apr 14, 2014, 1:30:03 AM4/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi funBart,

What about hotend offset?
My delta dual prints are not printing in the correct position. Would this be in the firmware or a kisslicer setting?
Thanks for your info
deer offset.jpg

funBart

Apr 14, 2014, 5:36:57 AM4/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the offset of the extruders has to be set in the firmware. KS hasn't got this option yet.
Bart