Loop speed trick

funBart

Dec 21, 2013, 3:36:23 PM12/21/13
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Loop speed
« Reply #5 on: Today at 12:05:18 PM »
Just found a trick to speed down the loops (and solid infill) and still remaining high speed for support.
This by copying the material and to adjust the max flow to a low number, as 2mm3/s.
Under printer // Extruders I mapped the 'slow'  material to the object and the 'fast' material to support / interface. I mapped them to the same axis as well.
When using sparse infill in stead of solid infill, there is a separate speed setting.

I assume regarding the used firmware you have to adjust the extruder change Gcode a little, to be sure it keeps printing with the wanted extruder. So, no tokens like M135<EXT+0>, but simply "M135 T0 (when printing with T0)

For my Makerbot I used the "Absolute E" flavor with 'A' and 'B' extruders  had to adjust the PtrGcode Select extruder Gcode a little, to be sure the booking was right by adding a G92 A0 B0 command. So the select extruder Gcode was:

(**** Select Gcode extruder change to only print with T1***)
M135 T1
G92 A0 B0

So, all resulting in slow perimeter, loops and infill but still fast support.

Bart
Modify message
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

PenskeGuy

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Any Day I Learn Something New Is A Good Day
    • Spherical Magic | Blown Glass, Carbon Fiber and Imagination
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Loop speed
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 03:00:39 PM »
It'd be nice if the Moderator would at least do what he said he would; take care of spam in the other forums, if he's not going to do anything with the News forum because it's "too much".  >:( COME ON!!
3D Touch Dual Head | KISSlicer Pro
Space Art | 3D Modeling | Blown Glass Sculpture | Blog | Bio

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Re: Loop speed
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 11:46:32 AM »
Missed that post...  Step down is fine as well, however, for me is sometimes the most inner loop still to fast, with step down as well.
I have an odd 'stuttering' with the loops to fast. I still don't know what it is: the very small segments at a to high speed (so the XY protesting) or the same but the extruder motor has problems with the tiny extrusions. It can be the firmware acceleration planner as well because of that.
I found out in the past that increasing the oversample resolution, so resulting in less tiny segments, also was reducing that stuttering.
I never had that stutter problems with other slicers to my knowledge.
I will search for the beta's on my PC, or does someone has them at hand? Good to post the different versions of the beta and final release as well on the alternative forum?

As you said: it's going fast with the spamming of other groups.
It would be nice if the moderator has a possibility to sent a group mail to all the users of KS to point to the KS Refugee Camp forum.
Bart

Modify message
Makerbot Replicator 1 dual
Minimalistic Mk8 replacement by Emmett
Sailfish Firmware
Kisslicer Pro 1.1.0 Alpha

Dirty Steve

  • Full Member
  • ***
    • Personal Message (Offline)
Re: Loop speed
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 05:53:58 PM »
I've posted a couple times about this, and submitted it to the wish list.

http://kisslicer.com/forum/index.php?topic=163.msg6921#msg6921

Take a look at the time differences!

Was in Official Beta release, but changed in Official release.

Beta incrementally steps down feedrate from infill speed to perimeter speed in accordance with the number of loops.

I still use Beta for this feature to speed up my print times, but a lot of what I print really needs jitter, which Beta doesn't do.

I get my best surface quality at 10mm/s or slower, but my machine can run up to 50mm/s.

There is a back-pressure build up in the hot end when dropping speed directly from fast to slow, resulting in overflow at the start of the perimeter loop. Releases after Official Beta print all loops except the perimeter at full infill speed.

I would personally prefer step-down, but would take separate loop speed.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 06:08:51 PM by Dirty Steve »

funbart

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
    • Email
    • Personal Message (Online)
Loop speed
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 05:08:30 PM »
I just saw that the loop speed = the solid infill speed. In my memory was the loop speed in the past extrapolated between solid infill speed and perimeter speed depending the number of loops. Was that changed intentionally?
When our leader returns from his spiritual session in the Himalaya region,  I would opt for a separate speed setting for loops...