Returning Home > The Original Forum

PenskeGuy

May 4, 2014, 8:27:44 PM5/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thought I'd separate out this topic, as it has little to do with the Beta version or any of the other many topics where it's been mentioned.

One thing I'd like to toss out there is that, if the database hasn't been completely deleted, that a few well crafted queries (I'm assuming that it's running on MySQL) would be able to quickly expunge all of that crap and retain the rich information that exists there, all the usernames and preferences, all the forums and threads. It would be a serious loss if it all were thrown out, when it could be cleaned and restored to its previous state. Those slimebags screwed it up. We can unscrew it.

I'd be willing to give it a go. I'm sure it grew pretty large by the time the door came down, but it could be put on our FTP server, no matter how large it is. Working on an old backup would eliminate a lot right there. You did keep backups, didn't you? I could either massage the file and send back, install Simple Machines on our server to test, then send back or just host it.

plexus eye

May 9, 2014, 12:52:28 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You know what? I just typed out my thoughts and then deleted them. But I just want to get this off my back so I can move on: If someone could be in close contact with Jonathan and have an agreement that this person will be kept in the loop about any changes to Jonathan's priorities regarding KISSlicer, that then gets communicated to the user base in a reasonable amount of time, that's all I care about.

funBart

May 9, 2014, 2:53:03 PM5/9/14

On Friday, 9 May 2014 18:52:28 UTC+2, plexus eye wrote:
You know what? I just typed out my thoughts and then deleted them. But I just want to get this off my back so I can move on: If someone could be in close contact with Jonathan and have an agreement that this person will be kept in the loop about any changes to Jonathan's priorities regarding KISSlicer, that then gets communicated to the user base in a reasonable amount of time, that's all I care about.

I asked Jonathan's wife already to be that person. Pretty close contact I assume...
I hope she is willing to do that, now or when we have returned to the original forum.
Jonathan already said that he has no problem with more admins on the original forum, so we can avoid the spam-rain. If she is willing to inform us when he is in a work bubble again, that would be great -and peaceful for our minds-.

Bart

Mrs. Lonesock

May 9, 2014, 4:36:54 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes. I will be that person! I will help with communication, and I'm here to support my amazing husband in any way I can. Thanks to all YOU amazing people, what started as a little idea became overwhelming to handle! :) But we have a new battle plan, and you get Twosocks for the price of one.

Thank you again for your patience (that word doesn't even describe it!), and your concern. I really don't think he realized how concerned you all were, until I did some digging and searching and found your threads. But, that's all behind us now... and we move forward! He's currently working on  BRIM and Sequential printing, and has plenty of "feature demands requests" to keep him busy for a while. :)

I'm new to this world of engineering (I'm a musician/mom), but I'm learning quickly. I'll be helping fulfill the ProKeys and serve as liason between the forum and Mr. Lonesock (if he hasn't been able to check).

Thanks again for your support of KISSlicer.

plexus eye

May 9, 2014, 4:53:39 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mrs. Lonesock. I am pretty sure the two most used slicers in the world are Slic3r and KISSlicer. I've found that people usually start out with Slic3r and some then migrate to KISSlicer because they are frustrated with Slic3r. Cura is another slicer that has some popularity. So for all intents and purposes there are 3 slicer apps out there. Slicing is a critical part of the printing process and for those of us that found KISSlicer, I think we can say its the best from an end-product perspective. For those of us KISSlicer users, the absence of KISSlicer means we either have to go back to Slic3r (blah) or use Cura (blah). We are talking about in all of the entire hobbiest (and some pro) 3D Printing world. That's huge.

So when Mr. Lonesock disappeared that left a whole wack of people who depend on this tool in a limbo state and fearing that we'd have to move to one of the other two slicers. Those two slicers we likely started with and really dont want to go back too.

I am sure now you get the impact that KISSlicer has had on the industry. really, you can't just disappear like that. It leaves a whole bunch of people in a potentially bad position. I know I revved up the latest versions of Slic3r thinking that, yep, eventually I'd have to migrate back to it. Not something I wanted to do.

So thanks for stepping up to prevent that from happening again. And I hope you Lonesocks now see the positive impact you have on an entire movement that is just going to get bigger and bigger. Thanks, in part to the great work you've done with KISSlicer (the best slicer on the planet so far).

Davide Ardizzoia

May 10, 2014, 1:53:53 AM5/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Glaaaaaaaaad to read those lines!

Greetings from sunny Italy!
Davide Ardizzoia

Kwong Li

Aug 22, 2014, 6:53:22 AM8/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am new to 3D printing and KISSlicer. I have just set it up to print on a FlashForge Dreamer and it is working fine.

I am not sure if this is the right place to post support questions but I have noticed one minor bug in v1.4.5.6. When "Include Comments"  is off, any user added G-code with inline comments doesn't appear to have the correct end-of-line characters in the generated G-code. For example,

M108 T<EXT+0>                        ; Change extruder
M104 S<TEMP> T<EXT+0>        ; Set extruder temperature
M6 T<EXT+0>                            ; Wait for extruder to heat up

[...]
G92 E0
M108 T0            M104 S220 T0        M6 T0
G92 E0
G1 X12.73 Y20.73 Z0.75 E0 F4800
[...]

Regards,