CubeItMod V2.0

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2014, 5:05:35 PM3/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
here's a new release two differences from previous version :

- as suggested by Peter the file reads the whole file just once to speed up the process.

- that release fixes a big problem on the Cubex, the extruder RPM is not accurate on the printer and when is printing with smalls layers like 0.1 or 0.05 mm some extrusions are too small and others are too large, we mesured variations from 0.3 to 0.8 mm !!! That causes not only a lack of precision but also a bad aspect of the surfaces.
CubeItMod V2.0 recalculate the speed of X/Y axes to have a constant extrusion width for RPM lowers than 15, I think it's not necessary for higher RPMs, but I would like to have your opinion.

Copy CubeItMod.exx into the Kisslicer directory and rename it to CubeItMod.exe

In order to use CubeItMod V2.0 you have to put the followings in your Prt G-Code sections :

****PREFIX
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90
; Use the MinExtruderSpeed to set the minimal extrusion speed
; warning level
;MinExtruderSpeed=8

****Select Extruder
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M107
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P1500 S80
M543

****Deselect Extruder
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

****N[*] Layers
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

****Postfix
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

You also have to turn Include Comment ON, on Printer/Firmware section and put into Post-Process :
cubeitmod.exe <FILE>

Into Kisslacer Material section, set Prime & Suck values, looks like small values are best ( like Suck = 0.08 Prime=0.04) but depends on material used and layer thickness.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Give me your feedback
Attached you'll find also the source.

Have fun.

Giovanni

CubeItModtest.au3
CubeItMod.exx

Peter Gregory

Mar 14, 2014, 10:26:33 PM3/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the port to .NET for CubeItMod 2.0 for Mac
CubeItNet.zip

shaun Hamontree

Mar 16, 2014, 3:28:27 PM3/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much Peter and Thanks Giovanni. Your contributions have made a large difference in my adoration of 3D printing.

Cheers,
Shaun

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 18, 2014, 6:40:01 PM3/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
New Release soon, Hugues and me are testing to find some parameters to help you start with a good configuration but results are already good, look at the frog ...