How to specify the portion of support on my printing

Ng Ben

Jun 11, 2014, 4:24:20 AM6/11/14
I want to print "support" about some position
What can I do?

ps. Sorry, my english is poor
hope everyone dont mind !

funBart

Jun 11, 2014, 3:50:35 PM6/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You can't print support only at a specific area, but you can tweak it a little by changing the minimum angle to generate it, or limit the height (support Z roof). When making the gap a little bigger (I normally use 0.45mm, but changing it to 0.7mm) it's generating no support on tiny places.

When I misunderstood: please post a screenshot with comments so we can understand what you mean.
Bart

Ng Ben

Jun 11, 2014, 4:35:18 PM6/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Bart,

Thank you for reply!

Ben

funBart於 2014年6月12日星期四UTC+8上午3時50分35秒寫道:

Ng Ben

Jun 11, 2014, 4:42:27 PM6/11/14

Excuse me, how to print with the "raft"

example: print the "Bunny Ring"

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:302058

Ng Ben於 2014年6月11日星期三UTC+8下午4時24分20秒寫道:

funBart

Jun 11, 2014, 5:09:47 PM6/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Raft (three possibilities) is only the first layer on the print bed (Raft // Grid is making two layers of plastic before the print starts).
With that bunny ring, you can use 'raft//grid' to make a good base and combine it with a support structure (eg. 0.5mm distance, 45 degrees and I would suggest to inflate support as well with 1 or 2%.)
Another option is to rotate it, so it's laying flat and requires less support structure.

You can use different settings and check the 3D gcode (models and paths) what's it doing.

Ng Ben

Jun 11, 2014, 5:28:39 PM6/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK...

Maybe i try it.

Thank you

funBart於 2014年6月12日星期四UTC+8上午5時09分47秒寫道: