Fan not coming on

Lon Varscsak

Oct 26, 2014, 7:52:27 PM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys, I'm running 1.4.5.10 and the fan never kicks on for me.  I've got the Fan Z set at 0.20 (same as my layer height) and all the Fan settings at 100 and it just never turns on.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Lon

PenskeGuy

Oct 26, 2014, 9:30:26 PM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What printer?
Tried -1 to turn Z-Roof off?
Is the Fan can do PWM switch on or off?
Has the fan worked in earlier versions?

Lon Varscsak

Oct 26, 2014, 10:05:18 PM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What printer?

Makergear M2

Tried -1 to turn Z-Roof off?

I haven't tried it (didn't know it was an option)...I'll give that a go.

Is the Fan can do PWM switch on or off?

I believe it does PWM

Has the fan worked in earlier versions?

Yes, it's worked before...not sure which version, it's been a while since I've used KISS.  I don't really even seen where in the gcode it's turning it on.  I see one call that says "M106", but not specifying any power.  When I try that manually, that turns off my fan.

-Lon

PenskeGuy

Oct 26, 2014, 10:50:14 PM10/26/14
On Sunday, October 26, 2014 7:05:18 PM UTC-7, Lon Varscsak wrote:
Is the Fan can do PWM switch on or off?

I believe it does PWM

Has the fan worked in earlier versions?

Yes, it's worked before...not sure which version, it's been a while since I've used KISS.  I don't really even seen where in the gcode it's turning it on.  I see one call that says "M106", but not specifying any power.

M106 with no Snnn is 100% if the PWM switch is checked.
If fan duty cycle is less than 100%, then the Snnn vlaue shows up.
With PWM switch turned off, the fan duty cycle alternates from 100% to 0% by the M107 command; the period between them approximating the duyt cycle as set.

Checked this in 1.5 Beta 1.14 64-bit, 1.4.5.10 and 1.1.0.14 32-bit

Lon Varscsak

Oct 26, 2014, 10:53:46 PM10/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Okay, thanks.  I think I have a voltage problem.

-Lon