Infuriating bug in Printer GCODE

Rick Zehr

May 27, 2014, 9:55:21 PM5/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Why the hell does the [*] N Layers reset to zero every double-dam time you exit Kisslicer?  This stupid bug has cost me more wasted time slicing than any other "feature" of KS.

PLEASE FIX THIS !!!!!

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 28, 2014, 1:50:02 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ouch!  i never noticed this...I wonder when I broke it.  I'll try to duplicate this tomorrow (and maybe include it with the almost-working brim feature [8^)

Jonathan

lonesock (Jonathan)

May 28, 2014, 2:47:56 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think I found it!  When I added the code to draw a teal Z-plane for certain functions (Support Z-Roof, Sheath Z-Roof, and the [*] N Layers), I tried to only have the teal plane update/show when the user pressed [Enter].  Unfortunately, this means those values only are *stored* when pressing [Enter].  This probably also explains the issue someone else was having with the Support Z-Roof not working as expected.

WORKAROUND: press [Enter] after changing those values.

I'll try to get a release out ASAP.

thanks,
Jonathan

funBart

May 28, 2014, 10:03:23 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rick,  please be nice to our developer...  We don't want him to disappear for 42 weeks again ;-)
You can expect bugs in Beta's,  so nice you found one for the final release.
Bart

Rick Zehr

May 28, 2014, 12:28:51 PM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jonathon. (Don't forget us Mac users.)

Isaac Thompson

May 29, 2014, 4:38:59 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Rick,