Kisslicer - gaps in paths, missing elements.

Adam Sky

Jun 10, 2014, 11:03:57 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've problem with missing elements in my model after slicing. I was trying different versions of Kisslicer (PRO) and many settings as well (crowning, extrusion width, etc.). I can slice it with Slic3r with no single issue. Can somebody just check if this could be done without missing parts of letters and without gaps in border around the logo (STL file is attached)? Required setting: layer thickness: 0.1, extrusion width: 0.35 or 0.4 / infill  extrusion width: 0.35 or 0.4, infill: 100%, the rest of settings is optional. I'm using Pronterface - Gcode view to verify the geometry in the last few layers. These problems were also confirmed after printing this model.
test123.STL

A. Elias

Jun 10, 2014, 11:36:29 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Tried 015mm layer, .32mm extrusion width and .32mm infill width, results have gaps in the border and text.  Changing to 0.20mm extrusion width reduced the gaps.

if you have control over the letters and border, make them a hair larger than 2 x your extrusion width, so 0.75mm would work fine.  This will allow at least one perimeter to be printed.

Slic3r is still around?

Adam Sky

Jun 10, 2014, 11:58:08 PM6/10/14
THX for your trials A. Elias! The extrusion width has to be 0.35 or 0.4 (my 2nd printer) as the extrusion flow is calibrated correctly for nozzles. It's probably not a good idea to play with extrusion width just to get the model sliced correctly. To make it larger is not an option as it will simply not fit. These elements are not smaller than the extrusion width anyway. Slic3r is still around and for some reason can do the job in this case. How to get the Kisslicer to slice it properly too?

funBart

Jun 11, 2014, 3:44:01 PM6/11/14
For this kind of problems (and wanting to use Kisslicer, because I tweaked it the best of all my used slicers) I use the inset value on the style tab. For this particular object a value of (minus) -0.05mm resulted in complete letters.

I can't imagine that the object being 0.05mm x 2 = 0.1 mm bigger in XY is a problem, but when: scale it in Kisslicer to compensate: as it is about 20mm, scaling it with 19.9/20=0.995x (or 20/20.1? same result) before slicing it with the -0.05mm offset.
It's probably a quick and dirty method, but it works with Kisslicer.

I agree with you: for this kind of objects (specially thin walled)  Slice3r doing the best job. Yes it's still around and has some nice features other slicers don't have. And that's a good thing, as there will probably not be a slicer which can 'do-it-all" in the direct future. Keep all tools at hand...

I always use 0.05mm oversampling / 1mm crowning for this delicate print paths and  always keping my pathwidths to 0.4mm, being the nozzle size.

Bart

Radus

Jun 12, 2014, 11:52:19 AM6/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi AdamSky !

I think that is BUG with crowning realisation. And need to author fix this.

Sergey Afonin

Jun 18, 2014, 1:11:53 AM6/18/14

четверг, 12 июня 2014 г., 19:52:19 UTC+4 пользователь Radus написал:

I have the same issue. KS tries to split and make distance between meshes even if they are joined very close. So infill between them is missing.