CubeItMod V4.5 post-processor for Kisslicer and Cubex

giovanni...@gmail.com

Aug 8, 2014, 2:09:28 AM8/8/14
-------------------Update 8/8/2014-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubeitmod V4.8  works with the previous version of Kisslicer and also with the new one, the 1.5.
The older CubeItMod V3.7 works only with the older Kisslicer.
CubeItMod 3.7 DOESN'T WORK WITH Kisslicer 1.5 !!!

What's new on V4.8
Cubeitmod V4.8 produces better "Solid" surfaces if the layer thickness is not set to 0.1 mm ( Cubeitmod V4.5 was optimized for layer thickness 0.1mm ).
If the layer thickness is set to 0.1 this version will produce the same solid as the V4.5 version.
This version also improves the quality of the infill ( you should see a huge difference if you use Stacked infill ).

To install follow the instructions below just use Cubeitmod48.exx instead of Cubeitmod.exx, don't forget to rename Cubeitmod48.exx to Cubeitmod.exe

-------------------End of Update 8/8/2014-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CubeitMod V4.5 works with the previous version of Kisslicer and also with the new one, the 1.5.
The older CubeItMod V3.7 works only with the older Kisslicer.
CubeItMod 3.7 DON'T WORK WITH Kisslicer 1.5 !!!

What's new on V4.5 :
-The Infill function benefits now of the same algorithm that I've used into the version 4.0 for the Solid function.
As the algorithm calculates the lenght of the line to determine the correction that has to be applied, only the Infill Style Straight can be used with this version.
If you need to use Rounded or Octagonal please used CubeItMod V4.0Beta4.
Solid% and Infill% can still be used to tweak the correction, if you set 100 = no tweak, if you set less than 100 less material will be printed on very small flat surfaces, if you set more than 100 more material will be printed on very small surfaces.
Let me know if for any reasons you find important print with infill rounded or octagonal, as at the moment I don't see any, I've not planned to extend the correction to these styles.

About installation :
If you're already running CubeItMod V3.7 or any versions of CubeItMod V4.0, just copy CubeItMod.exx into your Kisslicer folder, delete the old CubeItMod.exe and rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

If you're not running CubeItMod V3.7 or4.0 here's how to install :

1 ) copy the CubeItMod files into the Kisslicer Folder
Rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

2) Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po

At this point you have 2 possibilities :

a) use the ini files included into this post, these files contains all the settings to make Kisslicer work with CubeItMod and also some settings that works good on my printer for PLA and ABS to print with 0.1 layer thickness.

or

b) manually change the settings into Kisslicer's menus

If you choose a), create a folder Old_ini into Kisslicer Folder and copy the ini files you have into the Kisslicer folder into the Old_ini folder, then replace the ini files into the Kisslicer folder with the ones of this tread.
Now Kisslicer is ready to work with CubeItMod.
You still can go back to your old settings by replacing the ini files with the ones you saved into Old_ini folder.

If you choose b) continue with the following steps :
3) Go to Printer/Firmware/Post-Processor menu and put :
cubeitmod.exe "<FILE>"

4)  Into the Printer/Firmware Menu
Turn the comments ON
Turn USE M228 ON

5) Into Material menu use these starting settings, after you can fine tune these values to fit your materials and the part you're printing :

M227P = 0.15
M227S = 0.04
M228P= 0.015
M228S= 0.02
Infill% = 100
Solid% = 100

6) Into Style menu put Use M227 ON

7) Check your Prt GCode menu you must have :

***Prefix :***
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90

***Select Extruder:***
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P3000 S80
M543

***Deselect Extruder:***
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

***N [*] Layers***
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

****Postfix***
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

CubeItMod.exx
CubeItMod45.au3
CubeItMod.po
_materials.ini
_printers.ini
_styles.ini
_supports.ini
CubeItMod48.au3
CubeItMod48.exx

y.ult...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 5:16:28 AM5/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys!
I tried this version of Cube mod!
Looked at the attached photos, it's really good.

First I printed the little robot http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:40212
It is really not easy. I lowered the temperature to 173 and infill to hollow
with 0.1 layer

the quality is very good for me with the default parameters and 0.25 layer

Good day !
_DSC1296.JPG
_DSC1299.JPG
_DSC1301.JPG
_DSC1302.JPG

Xabier Tejero Landa

May 15, 2014, 1:34:52 AM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

So far it seems to be working very nicely with the 1.5 preview on my CubeX Duo. :)

I do have a little problem though, the active cooling fans (the front, bigger ones) do not seem to turn on at all... O_o
I actually noticed this problem before updating to this version and I was hoping it would fix it, but no luck.

The fans do work, for example, in the pjcon menu (when I manually turn on extruding) as well as when I go to Z-calibration and the heads are too hot (cools them down first). But no fans when printing, only the small ones for the extruders.

I am using a vanilla install of kisslicer with your ini files, the fan speeds are set at 100% as you have it, as well as the Prt GCode... Any clues?

And since I'm here already, let me ask: What is that "CubeItMod45.au3" file you have there?  O_o

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 15, 2014, 1:42:30 AM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Xabier,
on my settings I've turned off the fans for the firsts 0.5mm but after they are turned on, if you want to change go to Material / Fan Z [mm]

Anthony ALLERA

May 16, 2014, 6:32:38 AM5/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

One month ago, I was thinking about waste my CubexDuo

But thanks to Kisslicer (and Jonathan) and your amazing work with this mod, now it's PERFECT!
I kept your settings but with a new install of Kisslicer, no problems detected.

Photos talk about the quality of the print, it's just amazing.
I will finish print this Wankel Motor and post a video soon :)

Thanks!

fablab...@gmail.com

May 18, 2014, 6:14:15 AM5/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Very nice pics!  If possible.... can you send me your stl? i'm a wankel lover :) :)

Laurence Pearl

May 20, 2014, 3:11:10 AM5/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is there a Mac port of this version of CubeItMod yet ?

Peter Gregory

May 20, 2014, 6:02:26 PM5/20/14
Here it is.  Mac version CubeItNet 4.5
CubeItNet_45.zip

Laurence Pearl

May 23, 2014, 2:44:16 AM5/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks - do you know how I find the latest Mac build of Kisslicer 1.5 ?

Peter Gregory

May 23, 2014, 8:17:06 AM5/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The MAC version of KISSlicer is in the very first post in this forum
KISSlicer 1.5 Preview (and I'm not dead)

k...@csscon.dk

May 25, 2014, 5:24:17 PM5/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni,

I am still fighting with the duo, when printing some thin things, it tendence to go "banana", because the newest printlayer is hot, it curl a bit by cooling.
It did try by heating with a handheld heater to prevent it, with succes. And I see that there is a newer cube pro, with heating"cabin", but I saw you mention to put the fans out at the first layer.

greeting

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 28, 2014, 9:49:32 AM5/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
There are several things you can do to reduce warping :
- dont use the fans for the firsts layers
- use a better glue than the 3Dsystem's Magis glue, I'm using 3DLac it's perfect with PLA even on very large parts ( I've printed 180x80 mm and even the corners didn't warp ), at the moement I cant say about ABS because I've only made a few testing.
- Before removing the part from the bed you can put it into a hoven make the temperature slowly go up to 80-100°C ( you have to test with your filament ) after 10-15 min let the hoven cool down VERY VERY SLOW, when it's cold remove the part from the bed.
- use an heated bed
- create an hot chamber into your printer

Jeremy Beasley

May 29, 2014, 3:26:13 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni!

I hate to sound like a noob here but is this how I would set up CubeltMod for the Mac?  I have been trying to figure it out but apparently, I am failing. Any help or advise you could give me?  It is very appreciated friend! :)

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 4:28:12 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
I'm not a Mac user, it's better if Peter or Hugues help you.
Please explain exactly what you have done and what's the problem.

hugues

May 29, 2014, 5:03:47 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry Jeremy, i'm working on PC. Check on the cubex forum there is some mac user.

ivan.mon...@gmail.com

May 29, 2014, 8:46:22 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

I have tried this new version along with Kisslicer 1.5 and so far I can say is the best printing yet.  I also wanted to ask you could tell me which brand of PLA  you think is the best for Cubex Duo.

Thanks in advance, have a nice day.

Ivan MO

Peter Gregory

May 29, 2014, 11:28:20 PM5/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The setup for Mac OSX is very similar to windows.
Install KISSliser in an application directory (I put mine in Applications/KISSlicer)
Get the CubeItNet.zip and unzip it into your KISSlicer directory
Set it up just like the CubeItMod directions except for the pre-processor tab:

CubeItNet will not pop up a dialog at the end of the conversion.

If you want to see the dialog, you can invoke it from the command line and the information will be output to the console.

Hope this helps!

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 30, 2014, 1:10:05 AM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ivan,
I'm happy to see you appreciate my efforts to make the Cubex print good quality parts.
I've only little experience on materials testing, I've succesfully used 3DFactories filament and I found is a good product, the nominal diameter is 1.75 and the tolerance is small enough to avoid filament flow failures on the cubex.
I've used both PLA and ABS, at the moment I've found good settings for PLA, not very different from original Cubex settings, while I didnt test enough with ABS.
The dimensional tolerances of the parts are good and the overall aspect of the parts is like with the original filament, the colors are more brilliant.
I'm also testing PVA always from 3DFactories, the dimension on this filament are more variables and to avoid flow filament failures I had to feed directly from the top of the extruder and I had to use slightly higher temperatures than the advised temperature, but at the moment I'm still looking for the good settings.

I've seen some pictures of parts produced by Hugues with Colorfabb PLA/PHA, it's amazing, this filament has "auto smooth" capabilities, if you print with 0.1 layer thickness it will result on parts as smooth as if you had printed with 0.05 layer thickness with a normal PLA.

Jeremy Beasley

May 30, 2014, 12:35:02 PM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter!  (and everyone else!) I will give this a go and hopefully not mess it up :D

Jeremy Beasley

May 30, 2014, 3:44:06 PM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Okay.. I must have done something wrong.  I think I know what I did wrong but I am not sure.  Below is the error message I received..  I think I may have needed to enter something other than the following:

If you choose b) continue with the following steps :
3) Go to Printer/Firmware/Post-Processor menu and put :
cubeitmod.exe "<FILE>""

On Thursday, May 29, 2014 11:28:20 PM UTC-4, Peter Gregory wrote:
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 2.54.58 PM.png

Peter Gregory

May 30, 2014, 4:21:11 PM5/30/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
For Mac you will need the entire path to the CubeItNet executable inside the CubeItNet app package:

If you installed CubeItNet in /Applications/KISSlicer
Put the following line in the pre-processor field:

"/Applications/KISSlicer/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

You will also need quotes around both the application path and the <FILE> parts to handle any embedded spaces.

Jordi Rosello

May 31, 2014, 5:55:14 AM5/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi I also have similar problem (or not, I'm a newbe with KSSlicer and CubeItNet ), and as you said, I put the entire path... with no results

That's my path.... "/Users/Jordi/Desktop/3DPrinter/CubeItNet_45/CubeItNet.app" "<FILE>"
CubeItNet.app is 4.5v
KSSlicer is 1.4.1.4

Thanks

El divendres 30 de maig de 2014 22:21:11 UTC+2, Peter Gregory va escriure:
For Mac you will need the entire path to the CubeItNet executable inside the CubeItNet app package:

If you installed CubeItNet in /Applications/KISSlicer
Put the following line in the pre-processor field:

"/Applications/KISSlicer/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet.app" "<FILE>"

Peter Gregory

May 31, 2014, 7:41:26 AM5/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You're almost there,  You need to point to the executable inside the app package.

"/Applications/KISSlicer/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

Or, in your case:

"/Users/Jordi/Desktop/3DPrinter/CubeItNet_45/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

Jordi Rosello

May 31, 2014, 8:20:38 AM5/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!!! works now!!

By the way, where can I find fresh installer (or compilation) of KSSlicer 1.4.1.4 config files and also config files for CubeItNet 4.5 for CubeX Trio?
Diving in this groups is sometimes confusing

Thanks again!

El dissabte 31 de maig de 2014 13:41:26 UTC+2, Peter Gregory va escriure:

Peter Gregory

May 31, 2014, 11:13:58 AM5/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you delete your old configuration files, new default configuration files will be created next time you start KISSlicer.
CubeItNet doesn't need any configuration files - it gets all the information it needs from the comments in the BFB file.
It does need the custom language CubeItMod.po file.
Otherwise, you don't see which fields have been "hijacked" for CubeItMod use.
Put the language file in the same directory as your KISSlicer executable.
From the main menu, select Preferences | Languages | Load a language file.

Jordi Rosello

Jun 1, 2014, 3:35:50 AM6/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK Peter, I understand how KSSlicer works with ini files... But if I delete this INI files, I must re-enter all the settings in KSSlicer tabs to work right with my CubeX Trio, right?
That's why I'm asking about any compilation of INI files for CubeX printers, because I can't be shure wich ones are the correct and last versions of it.
Remember I'm a newbie with this software ;)

Thansk again Peter

El dissabte 31 de maig de 2014 17:13:58 UTC+2, Peter Gregory va escriure:

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 1, 2014, 4:02:54 AM6/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordi,
you can use the ini files I've posted on top of this tread, you just have to change :
Printer->Hardware->number of extruders
and
Printer->Firmware->Post-process : following Peter's instructions.

Jordi Rosello

Jun 1, 2014, 4:42:14 AM6/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Giovanni!!!

El diumenge 1 de juny de 2014 10:02:54 UTC+2, giovanni...@gmail.com va escriure:

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 1, 2014, 5:33:13 PM6/1/14
I am clearly doing something very wrong.  It is not working for me at all.  I keep getting this message in the photo:
Screen Shot 2014-05-30 at 8.39.19 PM.png

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 1, 2014, 5:43:46 PM6/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Since I am a visual learner, the best way I can show you what I have done is to show you in photos.   I am sure i messed up something with this setup I just hope you may be able to tell me what.  Below is how I have my application set up on the Mac:
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 5.35.52 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 5.36.10 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 5.36.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 5.36.47 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 5.41.22 PM.png

Peter Gregory

Jun 1, 2014, 10:19:34 PM6/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It all looks good.
CubeItNet was compiled using the MONO .NET application framework.
I thought most machines had the runtime installed, it's possible yours does not.
You can find out by opening a console window and typing in the executable.

If it has everything it needs to run, it will respond with: please specify the input file.
If it is missing the .NET runtime, it should give instructions where to go to get it.
If not, let me know.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 2, 2014, 9:01:10 AM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yeah.. I have the MonoFramework installed but I am still getting the error 32512 when I try to save the bfb file which pretty much aborts the save. I have adjusted all of my permissions and I have made sure my path is correct and it is still not working....

Now, I set my kisslicer settings manually using the information in giovanni's op.  Should I have used the .ini files instead?  And if so, id there some specific way I need to use them?

Peter Gregory

Jun 2, 2014, 10:16:21 AM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Setting them manually should work fine.
Can you run the CubeItNet from the command line?
I have an example screen shot of how to invoke it in my previous post.
It will give you lots more information about what the problem is.
You can give it a BFB file as an argument and it will process it as if it were run from KISSlicer.

k...@csscon.dk

Jun 2, 2014, 11:55:14 AM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni,
I've been a bit off, but here I am again.
It is not my first layers, so glue and heated bed is not my problem,
I use a tecnic with a swamm and isopropylacohol, after i've removed old parts I start wash the glue, But I actually just pull it around.
then I add a thinn part more, (Dry and fast with heat) It is not beatyfull, byt its stuck.
I actually did try heating, and registed a way to make a thin straight 2x2x200 mm stick, by heating.
So if your recommendation is heated "chamber", let me hear about heating the chamber?
greetings

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 2, 2014, 1:30:53 PM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Alright!  It looks like I am up and running :D

I went through the command line and had problems with my pathway not being read.  After looking at every little aspect of the application and folder contents, my problem was discovered!  I am sure this was my fault in the way I set this up and I appreciate the pivotal help! What I needed to put for my pathway was one ".app" shy of what I needed.

I guess the way I installed KISSlicer required me to use this pathway:

"/Applications/KISSlicer.app/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

The files save without issue now so I will test it out on my CubeX when I get home later today.  Hopefully there are no problems now.

Thanks so much for the help you have been providing!  I am so very grateful :)

hugues

Jun 2, 2014, 3:34:36 PM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello K,

Can you describe you're problem, is it with ABS ? What's the temperature and speed ?

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 2, 2014, 7:18:40 PM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, I tried to print the file and my cubex cannot read the file.  I updated my firmware to 1.07 so now I am unsure where the problem lies.
I am running KISSlicer 1.1.0.14 with CubeItNet_45.

Peter Gregory

Jun 2, 2014, 8:40:55 PM6/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm using 1.1.0.14 also.
Check for typos in your Prefix, Select Extruder, Deselect Extruder and postfix.
If an 'O' (Letter) gets typed in by mistake instead of a '0' (Zero) it will complain.  (It happens more often than you think)
If that fails, I've attached my INI files if they might help.

_materials.ini
_printers.ini
_styles.ini
_supports.ini

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 7:19:09 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well all of my Prefix, Select Extruder, Deselect Extruder and postfix were entered manually by way of copy and paste from this thread.  The CubeX still says "ERROR Unable to print file" though.  It acknowledges the bfb file on the driver but that is as far as I can get.

I honestly am not sure how to include the ini files as it seems to not be making any difference except to make it so the object won't slice.  I hate to keep bugging you with this but at this point I am desperate because I am losing orders every day my printer is down trying to do this.  Your help is very appreciated!

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 7:27:21 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't suppose it would be possible to make a "how to" video starting from beginning to end for the different OS platforms?  I would volunteer to do it were it not for the fact that I apparently cannot get this process completed correctly :-/  Just wondering :)

Bkjnky

Jun 3, 2014, 7:31:31 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Open the .bfb file. If there is anything before the line with the "^", delete it. I had that issue where cubit was outing in an extra header line

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 8:51:20 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

huh..  I don't have a ^ in any of my bfb files.  I wonder what I need to change in KISSlicer to fix that?

Bkjnky

Jun 3, 2014, 9:26:57 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Make the first line of your .bfb file "^Firmware:V1.07" then try printing. (Don't include the quotes)

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 9:46:33 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm sorry, I am not usually so backwards with these things but this has been the bane of my existence....  When you say open the bfb, do you mean rename it?  or are you saying there is a way to actually open the bfb file?  If i try to rename the file it will not allow any punctuation.

Bkjnky

Jun 3, 2014, 10:02:20 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Open the .bfb file using a text editor. What you will be looking at is the actual gcode being sent to the printer. It should read line by line top to bottom. Each line is a new command or setting.

You should not be changing the file name.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 10:35:19 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You and peter have my SINCEREST GRATITUDE!!!!  Thank you so much!  I am back up and running with my printer and I have you guys to thank for that :)

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 3, 2014, 10:37:17 PM6/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
lol! I just need to figure out what this "negative Z error" is now.  hahahaha!  fml.. I will have to play around with the settings in KISSlicer some more.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 12:39:20 AM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
post here the bfb and the bak files

vitor de miranda henrique

Jun 4, 2014, 1:18:21 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone!

I'm new here (actually just subscribed to this group). Thanks for accepting me! :)

I got here on this forum because I'm thinking on buying the new Cube 3 3d printer, it does look like some improvements have been made on the native software, but I feel like if i need to mess up with the settings some day i would be able to.

So i have a few questions, is the CubeItMod opensource? if so, where can i find the documentation? I could not find information if it works on Cube 2 or not, so i guess it don't.

I think what have been done is somehow reverse engineering the .cube file (Giovanni can correct me if i'm wrong), understand how it does the g-code and building an interface between the Kisslicer and the Cube 3D printer, I have background on programming and i was actually thinking that, if i buy the Cube 3 i would try to do it myself, when i found that (as always) someone did it first, I don't know if the CubeX utilize the same file that the Cube 3 will use, or even the Cube 2, but i guess whatever path was used to reverse engineer the CubeX would be similar to the other ones. At least be a "place to start" digging around.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,

Vitor Henrique

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 4, 2014, 3:16:44 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the bfb file i am trying.  I'm not sure what a bak file is though.
Reaper Skull.bfb

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 3:43:16 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vitor

So i have a few questions, is the CubeItMod opensource? if so, where can i find the documentation? I could not find information if it works on Cube 2 or not, so i guess it don't.

The source is the au3 file on the top of this tread and some documentation is into the file.

I think what have been done is somehow reverse engineering the .cube file (Giovanni can correct me if i'm wrong), understand how it does the g-code and building an interface between the Kisslicer and the Cube 3D printer, I have background on programming and i was actually thinking that, if i buy the Cube 3 i would try to do it myself, when i found that (as always) someone did it first, I don't know if the CubeX utilize the same file that the Cube 3 will use, or even the Cube 2, but i guess whatever path was used to reverse engineer the CubeX would be similar to the other ones. At least be a "place to start" digging around.

Cubex and Cube accept encrypted files generated by  3Dsystems software, but the firmware on the Cubex ( at least up to 1.07) also accepts non encrypted bfb files, I think it's not the case on Cube but I don't have one and I cant test.
The possibility of use non encrypted bfb is what opened the way to use Kisslicer with the Cubex.
There are so many printers on the market, why do you want to go stuck with a printer that comes from a company that proved in the past that their only interest is make you a slave of their proprietary system of overpriced cartridges, they put all their energy on marketing, Apple-like design, and security systems for they cartridges, but they don't care about quality of the printing.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 4, 2014, 3:57:25 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
this file has not been processed by Cubeitmod, is the file saved by Kisslicer.
Is this file you tried to print ? if yes it's normal that the Cubex didn't accept it.
There are a LOT of strange settings into your file, why do you set a Z-offset of -22 ???
Why don't you use the ini files I've posted on top of this tread ?

vitor de miranda henrique

Jun 4, 2014, 4:08:38 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well Giovanni,

You do have some good points, but I was looking for a 3d printer that i could have inside my house (low noise) with multiple extrusion, that I would not need to mess with all parameters or hand assembly and preferably pay less than 1K.

I found the new Cube 3 matches all this, but i know that the cartridges are way overpriced (i honestly think i'll be able to by pass that). And if I can reverse engineer the file system it would be an awesome product (apparently).

I thought about the FlashForge Creator X, but it does sound kind of noisy. Do you have any other suggestion? I would appreciate!

Vitor Henrique

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 4, 2014, 6:18:25 PM6/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Giovanni,

That is good to know.  The Z offset was what my normal ZGap is on the CubeX.  I tried the ini files but they didn't change anything in the KISSlicer setting that I could see so I assume I am putting them in the wrong place.  Does it make any difference that I am using CubeItNet 4.5 since I'm on the Mac?  This file was saved through KISSlicer and it was the one i tried to print.

Peter Gregory

Jun 4, 2014, 9:13:17 PM6/4/14
The output from CubeItMod & CubeItNet should be the same (I tested a few conversions and WinDiff could find no differences).
Is it possible the post-process entry in KISSlicer got reset?

Or, it could be encountering an error.  Since CubeItNet doesn't pop up windows (couldn't get that to work on Mac) it outputs error information to the console.
When it does error, it will revert back to the original bfb.

Can you run CubeItNet from the command prompt and give it the complete path name to your BFB file?
If it runs into an error, it will display it and roll back to the original bfb.
The output of the error will be quite helpful.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 1:26:35 AM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Look where are the original ini files created by Kisslicer, they must be into the same directory as the Kisslicer executable file, replace them with the ini files you find into this tread, then follow Peter's instructions about the path to put into the Printer->Post-processor tab.

You can look at your bfb file to know if Cubeitmod has processed it or not because they will look very different.

If the bfb file is processed by Cubeitmod, the beginning of the file will look something like that :
^Firmware:V1.07
G21
G90
M542
M104 S225
M227 S118 P355
M228 S148 P29
M551 P1000 S100
M543
M108 S9
M103
G1 X-85.24 Y-87 Z0.35 F8400

if the file is not processed ( probably because you have a problem with the path ) the beginnig of the file will look something like that :

; KISSlicer - PRO
; Windows
; version 1.4.1.12
; Built: Jun  2 2014, 16:29:20
; Running on 2 cores
;
; Saved: Wed Jun 04 12:38:43 2014
; 'cyl30x10(34).bfb'
;
; *** Printer Settings ***
;
; printer_name = Cubex PLA
; bed_STL_filename = BedCubeX.stl
; extension = bfb
; cost_per_hour = 0
; g_code_prefix = 5E4669726D776172653A56312E30370A3B205B6D6D5D
;     206D6F64650A4732310A3B206162736F6C757465206D6F64650A4739
;     300A

Peter Gregory

Jun 5, 2014, 10:23:11 AM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Also check the Solid% and Infill% values.  They default to 0 (0%) which will throw exceptions and abort processing.
When the processing aborts, it reverts back to the original BFB file (un-processed)

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 5, 2014, 4:42:35 PM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vitor,
at the moment 3D printers are NOT household items even if 3Dsystems advertise the cube like that.
I never would have in my home the fumes produced by polymers heated at more than 200°C.
Unfortunately I don't have enough experience to say which printer suits you the best.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 5, 2014, 9:06:49 PM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What if my KISSlicer didn't have any ini files?  I have uninstalled and re installed the program many time and there haven't been an ini file anywhere...

Peter Gregory

Jun 5, 2014, 10:00:23 PM6/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I wonder if the path you installed KISSlicer in is causing problems.
Each time KISSlicer is started, if the ini files don't exist, they are created.
Try creating a directory in Applications without the .app extension:

/Applications/KISSlicer

Copy the KISSlicer executable, CubeItNet.app and CubeItMod.po into the new directory
Run KISSlicer.
The ini files should be created.

Peter Gregory

Jun 7, 2014, 7:41:56 AM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
There was a bug in CubeItNet 4.5
It was using the local system culture settings instead of the Cubex culture settings.
This resulted in numbers being represented differently in some systems (commas instead of decimal points).
I've fixed the culture to be the same that Cubex uses so the number formats will match.

Here is the new CubeItNet 4.5.1

CubeItNet_451.zip

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 7, 2014, 8:53:10 PM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Could this have been what is causing my problems, by chance?

funBart

Jun 7, 2014, 9:01:23 PM6/7/14
On Sunday, 8 June 2014 02:53:10 UTC+2, Jeremy Beasley wrote:
Could this have been what is causing my problems, by chance?

You can search with a text editor for a  ',' (comma) in your gcode / bfb file I suppose, to see if that's your problem as well in the Z values.
Bart.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 7, 2014, 9:45:26 PM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, I guess that was not the solution.  I don't know what to do from here but my printer has been down for too long and I am losing money out the ears.  I have had to order CubeX filament for the first time in over a year just to get some orders out!  Yikes!! I forgot how much it hurts to pay THAT much for a partial spool of PLA!  (o_O)

I figure I can run off of that one chip for about a week, maybe more.  If I can't get it figured out by then, I will have to revert back to my old hack.  Now, I'm going to uninstall everything and try from square 1...  Again, again.

Peter Gregory

Jun 7, 2014, 11:04:48 PM6/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jeremy,
Can you run CubeItNet from the command line, give it the BFB file as the argument and tell me if there is an error displayed as it processes?

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 12:11:45 AM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Peter.  I can try but I have to be honest; I only THINK I know how to do that so I might do it wrong.  I will include some screen shots so you can see if I got it right..

Here goes nothing! ;)

Alright... I am sure I did this all wrong because I have no clue what I'm doing.  I hate to admit, I don't even know what an argument is or how to identify it.  what i did was open Terminal, "enter the the path" (if that is what it's called???) and I typed "<file name> and hit enter.  I'm 99.9999999% certain I screwed up with this task.  Here are the screen shots..

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 11:04:48 PM UTC-4, Peter Gregory wrote:
Jeremy,
Can you run CubeItNet from the command line, give it the BFB file as the argument and tell me if there is an error displayed as it processes?I can try.
Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 11.53.56 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-07 at 11.59.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 12.01.17 AM.png

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 12:13:46 AM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I meant to write that I then typed "<Reaper Skull.bfb>" without the quotations marks.

Peter Gregory

Jun 8, 2014, 8:16:40 AM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You are very close.
The command to start CubeItNet is correct.
Adding the BFB file to the end of it is also the right thing to do.
The format of the BFB file is just the pathname to the BFB file:

/Applications/KISSlicer.app/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOs/CubeItNet "/myBfbPath/Reaper Skull.bfb"

Replace myBfbPath with the actual path to your BFB file.

If you're not sure of the path, locate the BFB file in Finder, right click it and select properties.
The paths will be spelled out there.

Seeing the output will really help a lot!
Thanks for giving it a try.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 11:50:37 AM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good morning Pete.  Thanks for sticking it out with me here!!
Here is the screen shot and what my message reads:
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 11.45.21 AM.png

Jordi Rosello

Jun 8, 2014, 1:33:34 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can anyone post a correct link to download CubeItMod 4.5 for PC?? or 4.5.1??
The link in the first post fails

Thanks

El dissabte 7 de juny de 2014 13:41:56 UTC+2, Peter Gregory va escriure:

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2014, 2:45:12 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jordi,
the link in the first post is OK, I've just tested now.
Please describe the problem you have.

Peter Gregory

Jun 8, 2014, 3:00:25 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

OK, the class loader had problems loading the main class.
It got as far as to start the application and verify an argument was passed.
Then it failed when it tried to load the class that does all the work.
Either:

1) The actual directory is not what it seems.
Find CubeItNet in Finder.
Right-click on it, choose info, and verify the path is what you think it is.
The path will be in the "Where:" part of the info box.  Mine looks like this:

2) .NET may have problems dealing with MAC applications within applications (An .app with a .app in it) - try installing CubeItNet under it's own directory in Applications.
The directory should not have .app in the name.  Try running it from that directory and see if it works.  First, try to from the command line.  If it works there, it will work within KISSlicer.

Jordi Rosello

Jun 8, 2014, 3:55:07 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni...

Damn... I just find the problem... Avast!! the damn antivirus blocks the download without notice, just deactivate for download and download the file.

Just a thing... It's difficult to put the version of the .exe when you compile it?
I say because sometimes it's easy to find the current version of an exe if it's in the properties menu.

Thanks again

El diumenge 8 de juny de 2014 20:45:12 UTC+2, giovanni...@gmail.com va escriure:

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 8, 2014, 4:13:24 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The version appears into the final message when you save.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 8:16:38 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure that helped.  Or more to the point, I'm sure I did it wrong again.  Sorry man!
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 8.16.07 PM.png

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 8:18:31 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here was my original path
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 7.12.07 PM.png

Peter Gregory

Jun 8, 2014, 9:04:01 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,

I'm now almost 100% sure the problem is with the directory CubeItNet is in.
The ".app" in the file path is confusing .NET.
It thinks everything past the first period is an extension.
The Mac knows how to deal with it (that's why it can open & run the executable) but it can't run the program once it is running (The .NET runtime can't handle the directory name)
Can you move the CubeItNet.app out of the KISSlicer.app directory and put it in a new directory?
Anywhere is good as long as is doesn't have a  ".app" in it. (Or any paths with periods in the name).
I think once it is in a directory without periods in it, it will work fine.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 8, 2014, 10:10:38 PM6/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the first attempt with a different path.. Since I moved CubItNet to a different local do I still need the Kisslicer path?  I guessed not and did this without.  Here is the first shot at it followed by the second
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 10.04.16 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-08 at 10.10.12 PM.png

Peter Gregory

Jun 9, 2014, 8:44:37 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
It's getting further!
It got past the argument check and loaded the class.
It couldn't find your BFB file because of the embedded space in the file name.
Re-type the command line and enclose the file name in double quotes:

/Users/mysabre73/Desktop/3DPrinter/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet "/Users/mysaber73/Desktop/Reaper Skull.bfb"

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 9, 2014, 9:42:29 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here was the message I got:
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 9.41.24 AM.png

Peter Gregory

Jun 9, 2014, 10:15:24 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You will need the rest of the command.
You are missing /Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet
Type this in exactly:

/Users/mysabre73/Desktop/3DPrinter/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet "/Users/mysaber73/Desktop/Reaper Skull.bfb"

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 9, 2014, 11:34:44 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How does this look?
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 11.33.42 AM.png

Peter Gregory

Jun 9, 2014, 11:54:42 AM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
We are so close!
It looks like you are missing the space between Reaper and Skull...

/Users/mysabre73/Desktop/3DPrinter/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet "/Users/mysaber73/Desktop/Reaper Skull.bfb"

Other than that, it should work!
Once you get it working, replace the post processor path to match the one to the desktop.
That should get you up and running!

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 9, 2014, 12:16:47 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I actually changed the name to "ReaperSkull.bfb" in case the space was hanging me up.

Peter Gregory

Jun 9, 2014, 2:34:03 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK, I'm at a loss.
It appears to be a directory issue, but I'm not sure what it is.
Maybe permissions have been turned off for .NET applications?
It's having trouble attempting to remove a previous backup of the original BFB file.
That should not cause an exception, it is complaining it can't make sense of the directory name.
I'll try and reproduce the conditions on my Mac.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 9, 2014, 2:36:09 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter, what about running Cubeitmod into a PC emulator waiting you find a solution for this problem ?

Peter Gregory

Jun 9, 2014, 3:50:03 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That would work fine.
CubeInNet and CubeItMod generate the same output.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 9, 2014, 6:04:24 PM6/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Alright.. I THINK we are making progress :)  I hope any way! lol!  You were right about permissions for the .net (they were all set to read only). Here is what the command prompt says now:
Screen Shot 2014-06-09 at 6.01.59 PM.png

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 1:54:06 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
go into Kisslicer and change into "Style"/"Infill Style" put Straight, save the file and process it again with Cubeitnet like you did.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 10, 2014, 10:23:27 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm thinking we have made it to the right spot :)  I hope anyway!

Here are the command lines and the bfb file info:
Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 10.22.29 AM.png
Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 10.22.16 AM.png

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 10:57:47 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeremy,
yes now the bfb is processed by Cubeitnet.
Dont print this file because it hasn't good parameters.
Set the good parameters into Kisslicer before slice again and post process the file, then you can print.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 10, 2014, 11:06:44 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Do you mean the ini files?  Or do you mean things like the Z offset?  Would it be possible to see how you have your settings?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 11:21:22 AM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
My settings are into the ini files on the first post of this tread.

Peter Gregory

Jun 10, 2014, 12:07:55 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The original CubeItNet should work now from KISSlicer.
You can try slicing and saving from KISSlicer now.
If that works, the original problem is fixed (.NET permissions).
KISSlicer can access CubeItNet from within the app directory is was originally in.
Otherwise, you will need to point the post processor to the CubeItNet in the directory you are testing.
Once you update the settings as Giovanni suggested, your prints will look fantastic!

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 10, 2014, 12:25:32 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Okay,

I updated my settings and I was wondering if you would look over the file to see if there is anything wring with it?
ReaperSkull2.bfb
ReaperSkull2.bfb.bak

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 12:47:56 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
 Extruder Gain must be set to 0.0225 but there are other problems, why don't you copy the ini files?
A lot of settings are related, you cant change the layer thickness and leave the other vaules the same.
My settings are for Layer tickness 0.1, try to print one file with ALL my settings, then if you want to change make your tests to find your values.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 10, 2014, 12:58:26 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I hate to admit this but I have no idea how to make the ini files work.  I don't have an ini file folder in my KISSlicer and the last time I tried to create one it didn't do anything with my settings.

I guess I could go through them in text and manually enter the settings of the ini if all else fails.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2014, 1:13:41 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The ini files are located into the same folder where Kisslicer is.
As you already have runned Kisslicer at least once you must have these files in your folder.
Just replace them with those you find in this tread and then change the path in Printer/Frimware/Post-processor.
To help you locate them I think you can use a search tool ( but I dont have a Mac and I cant tell you more) , and search for "_materials.ini"

Peter Gregory

Jun 10, 2014, 1:32:12 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
There may be permission issues with KISSlicer.
It may not have permissions to create the INI files so it always reverts to default settings.
Does your KISSlicer remember settings from your last session or does it clear them out each time you start?
Check the permission settings. Make sure it can write to the directory it is in.
The INI files should be saved in the same directory KISSlicer is in each time they change.

Jeremy Beasley

Jun 10, 2014, 2:32:27 PM6/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
When I close out KISSlicer and open it up again, all of my settings remain in place from my last session.  The permissions are good to go but I don't have any preexisting .ini files in my KISSlicer directory that I can find.  I have my contents folder, my MacOS folder, and my Resources folder.  Should I create an .ini folder somewhere in there?
It is loading more messages.