Extruder Priority (bug?)

C.Scheers

Oct 16, 2014, 2:16:24 AM10/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am testing the multi-extruder capabilities of KS Pro using version 1.4.5.10.

I haven't found any documentation about how this is supposed to work.  If some exists, please point me to it.

I have a file 1.stl that defines a solid.  File 2.stl defines another, smaller solid that should be inset into 1.stl.

I can get this to work if I assign extruder 1 to the inset with priority 1 and extruder 2 to the larger solid with priority 2.

I ran into the following issues:

1) I can NOT get this to work if I assign extruder 2 to the inset and extuder 1 to the larger solid.

2) I can not see what priority has been assigned to a mesh.

3) The Extruder Priority control says "(per model)".  Shouldn't this be "(per mesh)"?

How is this capability supposed to work?