Kisslicer Pro License

Luis E. Castro

Feb 17, 2014, 9:26:50 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
see , take some time mulling over the issue of buying a license , apparently the developer is gone and there will be no future updates of this great software. $ 42 is a very good price for a license but not a good price for a license of an abandoned program.

In short, if something happened the developer to , and given that the licensing system seems to be automated , all you people pay for licenses may be lost and will not be received by anyone.

I think this version of the program should be free so that as many people can use it fully until it is superseded by the new slicers .

My idea is that ( with the permission of the developer, and if not he speak out against this request ... ) share a license to someone who is made for public use.

Because licenses are priced , I vote for the person who shares recover the money invested, I can Do a payment through paypal $ 5-10 (I think a good price for an abandoned program) would be sufficient a couple more people to join this donation for the share key recover the money invested and maybe a bit of profit.
As I said in the beginning, I appreciate the work of developers and if I do not buy a license now by uncertainty about the future of this program, this is just an idea / proposal and I would like you to know what you think.

Matej Rozman

Feb 17, 2014, 9:56:08 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Dear Luis,

I dont agree with you. Noone knows what happened, maybe we can even think the worst. But until this clears, everithing is running normal.
I wont be giving up until week 42 of the developers abscence. Yes, 42 is alvays the answer ;), and yes its answer also to your question, pay the 42$ and you will have yourselve the best slicer available at the moment.
Its true, the developement is at standstill, but things can change, so keep the good spirit up and honour the work invested by someone to make such an awesome software for only 42$. Belive me its worth every penny.

Regards, Matej

A. Elias

Feb 17, 2014, 10:43:49 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've done a little hunting online and I have no reason the believe Jonathon past away (newspapera close to where he lives). I did find his place of work, but as I don't have a personal relationship with him I didn't find it appropriate to call and ask. I did email the company and didn't receive a response. Public record can be helpful at times.

JohnD

Feb 17, 2014, 11:22:21 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Luis - I realize you are speaking with the best intentions, but since you don't own the IP, you can't change or modify the owners license agreement in any way, shape or form.  Suggesting otherwise is piracy and a violation of copyright.  Your inability to communicate with the owner or his desire to support ongoing development may - and IMHO should - influence your purchase decision, but it can't the ownership....

Luis E. Castro

Feb 17, 2014, 7:32:40 PM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
:) after reading all your replies...

I agree with you, I see that despite the long past with no updates or news, you keep defending the great work done by the author.

I just hope they come back soon, this slicer looked like it was going to be the best.

Anyway I still think I'll wait before spending $ 42 (by loading multiple objects and a couple of other options, and I have only one extruder on my machine ...) when they are out as symplify3D other promising alternatives, the least not while not confirmed if the kisslicer will be continued or abandoned.

My main slicer is KS, I would like to continue to grow to completion with all the options that currently lacks. I just do not like to invest in something that was, as I said several times, abandoned ...

3D_er

Mar 15, 2014, 4:37:21 PM3/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
i kinda agree with you on the purchase of the software without knowing the future, most programs are funded to keep development going,  in this case im sure it doesn't say anything in the terms that its possible the development could stop,  its a shame, in my case i was still interested in purchasing the pro key, and did, and never herd anything from the contact email. so i was doing the right thing and still failed.  right now im content with the kisslicer results. but wanted the extra options,  but i guess until these other software runner ups improve i will use it.  shame.

Alan Gonzalez

Mar 16, 2014, 1:16:02 PM3/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I bought it. Got the key a few days later via email.
Message has been deleted

3D_er

Mar 21, 2014, 7:10:47 PM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
oh u did?????    perhaps maybe i try a different email address, someone mentioned to retry with different email when buying.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 22, 2014, 4:24:20 AM3/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
We bought one this week, paid at 2 PM received few hours later.
The license is sent to the email associated with the paypal account, go into your paypal account, add another email address and make it "by default" then got to Kisslicer web site and make your payment.

3D_er

Mar 23, 2014, 8:31:21 AM3/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
decided because of the lack of sequential printing i have no need to upgrade from free to pro,  in the future if he ever pops up and updates the software to this feature i will attempt another pro purchase.

Scott Calkins

May 7, 2014, 5:05:06 PM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Now that Jonathon is back, I opted to purchase the pro version.  Does anyone know what the wait time is to get the key once the payment is made to Paypal?

Ryan

May 7, 2014, 5:22:58 PM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Got mine in 24-48 hours.

giovanni...@gmail.com

May 7, 2014, 6:14:17 PM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
the first one that my school  purchased a few months ago took less than one day, I've personally purchased another licence a few days ago to support Jonathan and only took 1-2 hours.

Scott Calkins

May 9, 2014, 2:36:15 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hmm,going on 3 days now and no key.

Isaac Thompson

May 9, 2014, 3:25:17 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
happened almost instantly for me, i don't remember there even being a wait time. but it was a couple weeks ago that i got mine, so my memory may have faded

Mrs. Lonesock

May 9, 2014, 3:52:51 PM5/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Scott- I'm looking in our records, and I will check with Jonathan about it. I'm sorry for the inconvenience! We will have this to you as soon as possible.

Apologies,
Mrs. Lonesock