Noob question... material been extrude in the middle of the bed

Diogo Magliano

May 5, 2014, 3:40:43 PM5/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I just started using kisslicer, and I´m very very impressed.
I´ve used skeinforge and slic3r and none gave me the result I got with 5 minutes of KS tweaking.

My machine came with a "friendly" custom interface made by the builder.
So I had no control about anything setted on skeinforge

My bed has a hole in his "home" place, where the noozle stays before and after printing.

When I tested Kisslicer the machine started extruding material in the middle of the printing bed, generating a blob of extrude pla, that in some cases were above the nozzle.
This happend twice in the very begginig of the printing (was printing some base and structure)

I presume that this was supposed to happen in this hole, at home position, so the extruded material would fall down and the printer head when move to (re)start printing would be clear.
This has something to do with destringing?

What am I doing wrong?
I´ve setted the center of the bed at X160 Y105 (my bed is 320 x 210mm)
This hole, home position (in the lower left coner of the bed), is at X0 Y210

Sorry if it is a noob question, I really tried to search, but had no luck.

Thank you for everything.
Diogo Magliano

PenskeGuy

May 6, 2014, 1:22:38 PM5/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What machine is it? Could be that you chose an incorrect firmware in KS's Printer tab.

Diogo Magliano

May 7, 2014, 9:11:56 AM5/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi PenskeGuy,

The manchine is a "3dcloner DH" a Brazilian printer (www.3dcloner.com.br/impressora/)
I have little information about it, I know it uses a reprap5d firmware and a arduino controler. Nothing more.
The printer came with replicatorG only for positioning the model on the bed. A custom made program, printer controler, that generates the Gcode through preseted configs for skeinforge.

The "package solution" is pretty for dummies, you have no control of anything but the layer thickness and the presence support or not, everything is preseted.
Well, this is just to present the printer...

I´ve been testing kisslicer with great results, but somethings are annoying me.

The part of the code that generates the problem I mentioned above is that.
;
; 'Raft', 0.8 [feed mm/s], 10.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X216.81 Y125.17 Z0.5 E0 F30000
G1 X216.81 Y125.17 Z0.25 E0 F210
G1 E0.5 F900

This is just in the very beggining of the code.
The first two lines...."I have no idea".... They generate a blob of plastic near the center of the bed.
And the F values are soo high that the printer "chew" and breaks the pla filament at the extrusion motor.

The last lines repeats a few times in the program,

;
; 'Wipe (and De-string)', 0.0 [feed mm/s], 10.0 [head mm/s]
G1 E-0.5 F900
G1 X106.55 Y43.9 E0 F600
G1 X108.08 Y43.82 E0
G1 X104.55 Y47.21 E0

; 'Raft', 0.8 [feed mm/s], 10.0 [head mm/s]
G1 X103.77 Y86.81 E0 F30000
G1 E0.5 F900

This has something to do with the wipe and destring (....Obivious....).
And with the suck and prime settings.

This Feed values are setted where?
Why are they so high?

This position, a few inches from the center of the bed, why there?

Thanks
Diogo