cubeitmod v4.5 mesh error help

Diane z

Sep 4, 2014, 11:30:03 AM9/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
does anyone know how to correct a mesh error that says "this edge is on a degenerate tri" like a turquoise color? thanks cubex owner

funBart

Sep 4, 2014, 11:51:40 AM9/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You can try the free Netfabb first.
Download and Register for free, load the stl and push the red cross in the menu.
Let it repair, apply changes and export the (hopefully well) repaired stl.
Bart

Diane z

Sep 6, 2014, 7:46:57 PM9/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Awesome, that worked thanks

PenskeGuy

Sep 7, 2014, 5:07:16 PM9/7/14
Make sure that you do this on a copy of the file. Netfabb can screw up a model. It may or may not fix the one problem while introducing others in the process. Sometimes, you get out OK.

I fix these in a 3D polygon modeler. KS shows me where the edge is and I go into the model and usually find a "triangle" having four or more points; where there should only be three. Welding the extras to one of the three on a corner along a common edge, and then deleting the resultant 2-point polys if any are left after the extraneous points are gone, clears the problem. Do you have a modeling application?

EDIT: Ah, good. While I was replying, you fixed it.