How to increase Inter-Layer Stability (Adhesion)

Timo Birnschein

Oct 18, 2014, 5:01:19 AM10/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I'm using KisSlicer for a couple of weeks now and I have brilliant optical results!
The support material generation is amazing, perimeters look extremely well and I can use real values for holes (like 15mm) and they turn out to print 15mm. So all is well?
Unfortunately no.

I have the following problem:
Until now I was not able to figure out how to increase thickness of extruded material within the infill. I thought it is Infill Extrusion Width but it seems not to be.

Symptom: While my prints look amazing the inter layer stability is very weak but I need usable, strong parts.

Question: How can I optimize the inter layer stability? In Slic3r I'd just increase the infill by 150% or more. This results in thicker lines and therefore more adhesion between the lines. Works great! But Slic3r is really bad when it comes to real values and of course: Support material!

I want to use KisSlicer and I'm willing to pay for it, too :)

Mikk Kiilaspää

Oct 18, 2014, 9:25:04 AM10/18/14
If you find that your parts delaminate (separate by layers) very easily, you need to increase temperature or print slower or both.

PenskeGuy

Oct 18, 2014, 6:27:57 PM10/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Agreed on the temps/speeds. Also, you should calibrate KISSlicer to your printer by performing a series of ThinWall and Solid Cube tests. Use the instructions attached.
thin-wall-solid-cube-calibration.pdf

Timo Birnschein

Oct 24, 2014, 10:20:45 AM10/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your answers!

I changed my temperature back to 260°C (from 252°C) and added another 5% at "FlowTweak". Both helped a lot. My parts are not falling apart any more.

Best regards,
Timo