KissInColor

blackp...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2014, 8:16:34 PM1/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

All of the parts in this picture were each made as a single part, in a single build, programmed using Kisslicer, and post processed with a program that I wrote called KissInColor.  I know the cat could look better, I ran it too fast.

This version of KissInColor works by layer stacking to create horizontal tiers of different colors.  Depending on the level of interest, after I get this version working well I plan to work on an interleave version.

I am looking for volunteers to help test.  I have attached a zip file which includes the executable, pdf documentation, and two sample projects.

Right now I do not recommend this program for new users.  You need to be very familiar with Kisslicer, your machine, and gcode.  I highly recommend you proofread each output file before running until we get our confidence up.  If you have cubex slicer installed you can right click on the output file and select "open with" cubex.  Cubex will correctly display the different tiers.

I wrote the program to run on my cubex trio.  However, my intent was to write it in such a way that it can support any Kisslicer program.

Cubex users.  This version is currently not compatible with cubeit.  I need to talk to evanevery and hope to have a compatible version by the end of the week.  In the mean time, print with a skirt and set prime and suck in the material tab.  I use .05 for each.

I am very interested in everyone's feedback.  I prefer the good but I'll take the bad too.

Hopefully this will extend the use of Kisslicer a little.

This should also help speed Johnathan's return.  Murphy's law is very clear on this.  After I spent all this time writing, testing, and documenting the program, Johnathan will come back next week and obsolete it.

Let me know what you think.
KissInColor.zip

funBart

Jan 6, 2014, 8:33:56 PM1/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Great feature! I would love to try it the next days!
It's mainly to switch colors on a specific layer isn't it? No dual colored objects I assume ;-)
Bart

blackp...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2014, 3:15:19 PM1/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
KissInColor uses one stl file and assigns one color to a complete layer or group of complete layers.  Currently it handles up to a maximum of 3 colors.  Do any machines have more than 3 extruders?
I am working on a version that can use multiple stl files to assign multiple colors with in a layer.

A. Elias

Jan 7, 2014, 3:44:39 PM1/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can I use it with a single extruder, say have it go off the bed once the first colored layers are done to remove, feed and prime the new color?  Then home the x and y but leave the z alone?

Adam

Steven

Jan 7, 2014, 4:35:01 PM1/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Initially I am going to say no.  Can you currently do that with another slicer (slic3r, cura, etc)?  Do you have a gcode example that you can send me?

Steven

Jan 7, 2014, 6:45:59 PM1/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Adam,

I thought about in on the way home and changed my mind.  This should be very doable if you can post a sample of the gcode.  If we cannot figure out a Kisslicer configuration, I will look at adding the code to the .ini file.

A. Elias

Jan 8, 2014, 8:59:26 AM1/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well I guess it would be neat but to be honest I don't know when or if I would want to go through the trouble to change out filaments mid-print.

Sorry, but I only get about two or three hours of free time a day and usually during that time I'm designing parts or printing them, I do love KISSlicer though.  :-)

Adam

Steven

Jan 11, 2014, 8:13:40 PM1/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've been having some time troubles of my own lately.
Let me know if you change your mind.
I have an idea for making it work on a single head machine.

Laurence Pearl

Feb 5, 2014, 1:11:50 AM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks very interesting - I also have a CubeX Trio and have just discovered Kisslicer after much frustration with CubeX slicer.

I would certainly like to help test true multicolour for Kisslicer - most of the molecular models I'm trying to build really benefit from multiple colours.

Did I understand correctly that you can load a Kisslicer/CubeIt generated .bfb file into the CubeX slicer and view it ? Can you then reassign the colours in that ?

Steven

Feb 5, 2014, 10:08:19 AM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is correct.
I just tried changing the colors in cubex after loading the model.  It did not work (I am using cubex 1.07).  It appears that you have to set your colors in cubex first, then load the .bfb file.

Yahya Ahmed

Feb 5, 2014, 2:13:50 PM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,
Does anyone have the profile settings for the BFB-3000 printer? Axon is not making the object solid and the printer quality isn't good. So, I tried KISSlicer but my printer (BFB3000) stops after it starts running the fans.

Printer :BFB3000 single head
Firmware: V4.2.2
Filament: PLA 3mm
Software: KISSlicer64
Thanks

Yahya Ahmed

Feb 5, 2014, 2:15:03 PM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Yahya Ahmed

Feb 5, 2014, 2:15:14 PM2/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

RJ

Mar 22, 2014, 7:25:26 PM3/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm interested in the contributing to the source. Would you mind posting it?

Thanks!

RJ

Steven

Mar 23, 2014, 10:11:41 AM3/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What do want to add?

Ivan Petrovich

Aug 3, 2014, 9:26:59 PM8/3/14
Best program ever!, Thanks a lot.

How can I contribute to the development of this tool??. I have programming skills CNC professional machines, C# and Visual Basic.