Glue question

Bellevue Fine Art Repro

Jun 20, 2014, 2:07:36 PM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This isn't really a Kisslicer question, but I don't know where else to ask.

I've got the cubify, and they have their proprietary glue. It's $9.00 for a small bottle, and $5 for shipping, which is just way too much to pay for glue. Anybody know of a generic or off the shelf glue that will work for the print plate? What alternatives are there?

Thanks

Scott

toranarod

Jun 20, 2014, 4:38:18 PM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK my advise Is.  I pay 9 dollars a bottle and 35 for shipping and its worth every cent. There glue is better than there printers LOL
anything is better than the Tape and the smell of ABS and Acetone   I have tried to find a replacement no luck at this stage. I think its some kind of PVA and a mentholated spirit.

If you do find a replacement let me know

Bkjnky

Jun 20, 2014, 8:24:05 PM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Scott Estes

Jun 21, 2014, 6:54:23 PM6/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

On Friday, June 20, 2014 7:24:05 PM UTC-5, Bkjnky wrote:
I hear this works well

http://apps.webcreate.com/ecom/catalog/product_specific.cfm?ClientID=15&ProductID=18836

I've had very good luck using a thin layer of UHU glue stick stick put down at 55C (making it melt just slightly) and then a thin layer of "ABS juice" brushed on top of the glue after the bed is cooled. I happened upon this combo by accident and I destroyed the print the first time trying to remove it from the bed plate. I started using a razor blade scraper to remove the prints and haven't had to print a raft since.

Robert Eaton

Jun 21, 2014, 9:37:07 PM6/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've had good luck with just the glue stick at 60C. (I use Elmers Craft Bond.) I put a thin coat on when the bed is cold and then add a little more after it heats up.

ABS juice on top of that sounds interesting though. I mostly print small parts but that might be great for larger parts.