1.4.1.14 Slower than 1.1.0.14?

C. Bosch

Jun 20, 2014, 2:09:31 PM6/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Been using the older version as my go-to slicer.  Today, I was poking around looking for definitions to the "inset surface" setting and found this forum.  So I'm new here but immediately noticed the new version so I downloaded and installed.  Using the same *.ini settings from my old installation, I sliced a fairly large part and noticed a significant difference in calculated print time.

1.4.1.14: 23 hrs and 33 min.
1.1.0.14: 20 hrs and 40 min.

I've checked and double checked and can't find any difference in settings.  Anyone else have this problem or an explanation?  I'm trying to find an efficient method to print this part and was hoping the new version might contain some magical improvements but was disapointed at the print time result.

--Colin--
Image1.jpg