Under extrude Perimeters, Over extrude solid infill or solid tops?

Jeremy P

Aug 15, 2014, 10:38:27 AM8/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is it just me, or has KISS been over extruding the solid infil compared to the perimeters?
I triple checked my E steps at the extruder, and no matter what I do, when I get the infil to fill in nice and look good, the perimeters are much too thin, but when I adjust things so the perimeters are good, the %100 infil over extrudes quite a bit too much?

I even slowed down to 30 mm/s  and I have my jerk and accel up to 30 and 2000.

Is there a way to put an infil adjustment in  KISS so I can tone it down a bit after i get my perims looking good?

Perhaps I am overlooking something?

Davide Ardizzoia

Aug 15, 2014, 11:31:50 AM8/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You have control upon perimeter and infill extrusion width...in style tab.
Isn't that enough ?

Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Jeremy P

Aug 15, 2014, 11:56:15 AM8/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Oh,  will that adjust the top level solid infill too?

Peter Gregory

Aug 15, 2014, 11:57:48 AM8/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you have a Cubex, you can use CubeItMod to set the infill and solid fill to be a percentage of the default values.
I usually have to run mine at 80% default fill amount to get the perimeter and infill / solid fill to work well.