Struggling with Cubex Duo

Johan Detaille

Jul 14, 2014, 4:54:54 AM7/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have been struggling for a while with the Cubex Duo to get decent prints made.

Installed KISslicer and the CubitMod post processor this week - the most recent versions I could find in this group.  Using the .ini files as found in the same thread.

Everything seems to go well within the software and I am amazed by the speed !

However, prints are terrible.  Looks like the filament sticks to the print head and it all becomes messy...  Have to stop the printer after a few minutes.

I am running Windows 8.1.

When printing a file generated with the Cubex software, I don't have this problem.

What am I missing ?

Thanks,

Johan

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 5:19:23 AM7/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,
try to print one of these files put ABS or PLA on extruder 1 choose the right file, print and let me know.

Give more details about the problem, if possible make pictures or a video.
TestPLAExtruder1.bfb
TestABSExtruder1.bfb

Johan Detaille

Jul 14, 2014, 7:18:54 AM7/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,

Thanks for your help !

Just tried to print both files... still have the same problem.

Attached are some pictures I have taken...

FYI : I am using the Cubify filament and glue.

Question : how can I select jet number 2 in KISSlicer ?  Would like to try the same with this jet.

Thanks !!!

Johan

Op maandag 14 juli 2014 11:19:23 UTC+2 schreef giovanni...@gmail.com:
ABS END RESULT.jpg
JET AFTER PRINTING ABS.jpg
STARTING PLA.jpg
FIRST LAYER PLA.jpg

giovanni...@gmail.com

Jul 14, 2014, 8:03:29 AM7/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
For sure your Z-Gap is not good.

First you have to clean the extruder.
Go to PJ-Con set the temperature to 180°C and when the head becomes hot remove clean it.
Exit from PJ-Con and while the extruder is cooling continue to clean it because some plastic can come out from the nozzle.
Before setting the Z-Gap check the noozles they must be clean or you'll not be able to set the right z-gap.

Go into the printer menu and check the level of the bed, if needed adjust it with the screws according to the Cubex Manual.

Now go to Z-Gap and with the arrow place the bed very close to the extruder, you should have less than the height of a paper sheet, check with a light to see how you are close, but the nozzle doesn't have to touch the bed.
Save your settings.
Repeat the Z-Gap to check if it's good, if not correct and check again.

Having the Level and the Z-Gap set with precision is the first step to have a good print, it they are good you'll see at the beginning of the print that the skirt is a little squished on the bed like here :

Johan Detaille

Jul 14, 2014, 1:51:18 PM7/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Giovanni,

I did all of this and YES, my problem is solved.

Was able to print your test file and one of my own.

Many thanks !

Johan