Kisslicer coming to an end?

petermitchell68

Feb 24, 2014, 3:41:22 PM2/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
  I have the pro version and have had for some time.
I have it running perfectly for a while after hours and hours  of tuning.
I can print consistently well with it , no more wasted prints.
I'm so disappointed that its development has now stopped , first the original forum got flooded and abandoned, then it became obvious there will not be any more releases.
And that's my problem,I like to be a bit cutting edge and have stuck solely with Kisslicer since building my Rostock.
I have now started using Cura and it looks pretty and getting loads of development , I'm trying the revision 4 of the beta (that's 4 revisions released in about 2 weeks)
As it happens my prints are not as good at the moment , back to the usual blobbing , lines and retraction problems.
I like the idea of this group and will certainly keep an eye on it but as each week goes by Kisslicer goes agonisingly unsupported ...such a shame

toranarod

Feb 24, 2014, 5:46:05 PM2/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I totally agree. I am A BFB owner and have no alternative. I HOPE that Cura picks up the BFB and CubX printers or we are going to have problems. It May come down to changing the controller to Marlin.   I have already purchased a Marlin controller ( Arduino ) no good waiting till the last minutes.