Support Material is ALMOST perfect. Interface density needed.

Jaime García Villena

Apr 1, 2014, 4:16:23 PM4/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
As an user of a homemade 3D printer I eventually stumbled upon this software.

It's support material algorithm is the best I have ever seen. It generates in a clever manner, making an interface zone that perfectly surrounds the part.

IMHO, when it comes to printers with support extruder, this software is just one step far from making parts with a quality and geometric freedom that challenges Stratasys: Making the interface layers solid. (Or at least giving us the option)

With that feature, and with soluble support, supported layers would be just perfect.

By now, the spacing between the strings makes the upper layer not to land flat, and you end up having a bunch of strings on the supported area.

I take the chance of this moment of hope with Jonathan returning (hope of not being an april fool's post) to write down this feature request.

Best wishes

Jaime

A. Elias

Apr 1, 2014, 10:25:51 PM4/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Jamie,

I totally agree.  I use the coarse support material for both PLA and ABS and it comes off like a dream compared to some of the other slicers I've used.

I try cura and slic3r off and on, but always come back to KISSlicer as I have everything dialed in perfectly for me printer.

Adam

Jaime García Villena

Apr 4, 2014, 8:17:20 AM4/4/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
My idea is that, on large overhangs (just imagine something like 80 degree or even a bridge) if the interface is solid, and with 0 horizontal gap, the supported material will have the same look as the one in contact with the platform. Which is better than having stringy look.

I tell ya, I'm waiting for this feature to be implemented to get a license. (I'm getting it as soon as I have a second extruder though)

Plamen Barzakov

Apr 9, 2014, 4:46:04 AM4/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is exactly what I hoped for too... as I often have to print complex structure I really need solid support (which is dissolved later).
I bought the license and then I was disappointed that development stopped...

If you know a software which can do this, please share with us :)

max72

Apr 10, 2014, 8:17:24 AM4/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
If you use a dedicated head for the support you can tweak the flow of the secondary head to make the support fatter and also "solid".
Massimo

Jaime García Villena

Apr 11, 2014, 6:00:17 PM4/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You mean like, with that "gain" parameter?

giovanni...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2014, 1:39:08 AM4/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Increase the "Flow Tweak" of your support's material, increase also the gap of your support.