Excessive cross print travel moves

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2014, 7:27:47 PM7/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting a lot of opposite side of the model travel moves, any way to reduce that?

It's for a clock face, but instead of moving to the next possible closest path, it is back and forth to opposite sides. almost like going to next farthest path.

print.jpg
travel.jpg

lonesock (Jonathan)

Jul 1, 2014, 7:43:15 PM7/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can you email me the STL?  Looks like a great test case.  [8^)

thanks,
Jonathan

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jul 1, 2014, 8:49:11 PM7/1/14
Sliced at 0.25mm extrusion width, 0.2mm layers
face.stl

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jul 2, 2014, 9:08:30 AM7/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This is a Skeinforge slice for comparison, non-perimeter crossing travel moves.
SF.jpg

funBart

Jul 3, 2014, 8:37:10 AM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I noticed the same behavior.At first I thought it was a result of crowning, as it seems that the tiny segments are filled in after perimeters/infill, but that's not the case after some comparing. Second thought that's somehow a result of the jitter function, but the 1.2.0.1 beta of june 2013 (with the jitter function already) shows a very clean path with only a few crossings. So this behavior must be introduced after the sabbatical of our beloved developer....
Bart

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jul 3, 2014, 9:01:53 AM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
just checked against pre-jitter Official Beta, and Official Release. Pre-jitter looks to have a lot of the same travel moves per layer, Official Release has a bit more cross travel, but no where near as many cross moves as current beta releases.

NOW AT THE TOP OF MY PERSONAL WISHLIST!!!!!
Official_Beta.1.1.0.5.jpg
Official_Release.1.2.0.1.jpg

lonesock (Jonathan)

Jul 3, 2014, 11:25:41 AM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Mea culpa!

When adding a few features (including the brim) I had to change the way the loops were grouped together.  The old version had an intermediate optimizer, which I left out in the new version!  This will take a bit of effort, but I *want* KISSlicer to be known for smart motion planning, not this thing it's doing now!  [8^/

thanks!
Jonathan

lonesock (Jonathan)

Jul 7, 2014, 12:43:00 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I am getting there!  It's better, but not yet best...hopefully tomorrow!

thanks,
Jonathan

frozen...@yahoo.com

Jul 7, 2014, 10:55:59 AM7/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good to hear! Travel moves was something that got me to KS in the first place!

Thanks for all your work!