Firmware Type for XYZ Davinci Printers

Rogério Jaworoski

Aug 19, 2014, 7:22:19 PM8/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is there any project or plan to develop a Firmware Type for XYZ Davinci Printer?
It seems, that the gcode generated by KS isn't compatible with Davinci.
Any comment or suggestion?

Scott Estes

Aug 20, 2014, 6:34:18 PM8/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can you elaborate? My DaVinci 1.0 works fine with KISSlicer, with the exception of the models being turned around 180 degrees. That's really due to the design of the printer and doesn't really have anything to do with the slicer.

Rogério Jaworoski

Aug 20, 2014, 9:27:02 PM8/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm using stock firmware and XYZware to send 3w files to printer.
I'm slicing and after that Base64 Encoding, saving as 3w and than send to printer using XYZware.
On kisslicer I'm not sure which Firmware Type should I use, (Bits from Bytes - 5D Relative E - 5D Absolute E - 5D Abs E no Reset).
Taking a look on gcode from KS, it looks totally different from others gcode files, a lot of information that haven't on other file.
I already installed the Repetier Host on my Davinci, but couldn't get a good Z calibration, so, I got back to O&M firmware, I'll try again later.
Another issue, when I tried printing a thing sliced by KS, it put the thing out of bed, even when I configure the center bed 100x100.

Rogério Jaworoski

Aug 27, 2014, 9:02:50 AM8/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
After some try and error, I could print using KS with success, the main thing is to set the firmware type to 5D Absolute E, the other config as you probably know is relative to many others variables, like filament, environment temperature etc. etc.
But the most important to inform is that the printing process and quality of printed object, was much, much better than the original XYZware software.