Strange gcode generated

Emile Wim

May 14, 2014, 3:49:11 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

First time I've seen some strange gcode generated by kisslicer.  ( 1.1.0.14 )

For as far I can see it doesn't seem to be an mesh error in the .STL.

Emile

funBart

May 14, 2014, 4:08:49 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi. what is the strange gcode?
I can't make it up from the pics.
Bart

Emile Wim

May 14, 2014, 4:33:20 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hello Bart,

There are strange looking holes appearing. See added jpg.

Emile

funBart

May 14, 2014, 4:35:00 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
can you upload the stl?

Emile Wim

May 14, 2014, 4:54:16 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

funBart

May 14, 2014, 6:26:25 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have imported it in Magics, and it's giving errors. i tried to repair it, but even magics isn't able to repair it directly.
I did a shrinkwrap of 0.5mm, now it hasn't any errors anymore, but the dimensions are slightly changed.
It's attached, so you can check if it's giving the same kind of errors.

Can't you check it in the modeller why it isn't manifold?
Bart
FrameHitch shrinkwrap0,5mm.stl

Emile Wim

May 15, 2014, 2:27:27 PM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Just tried slicing it with slic3r, and it comes out with no such errors, and looking at the STL with netfab doesn't show me the strange holes or gaps.

I know that solidworks sometimes doesn't produce very good stl's but this looks a bit like a bug, normally kisslicer is among the very best in reading sub par .stl's.
Kisslicer even breaks up the settings and doesn't loop 3 times around those gaps.

I'll try to change the part so that it isn't a problem.

Thanks,
Emile

funBart

May 15, 2014, 2:57:25 PM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Emile,
Unfortunately (?) no slicer  does it all . Although Kisslicer is my "number one hardcore daily use" slicer, I keep all tools at hand. For some jobs I use Slic3r and others Cura. Those two have some repair options on stl and gcode level indeed, although I use Magics for real repair jobs of downloaded objects. The last year my CAD program (Archicad) also has improved so that it delivers almost error free stl's, so I don't have to use it for my own designs anymore.
I also have Simplify3D... costs a lot more than the others, but than again, after a week trying I never used it again...
Bart

Emile Wim

May 15, 2014, 3:33:31 PM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

I've just recreated the design, in quite a few more steps than before, but now it's one manifold and kisslicer handles it perfect.

Just the solidworks part of it is just a bit messy now. :-)

Emile