help need

hugues touzot

Feb 8, 2014, 5:57:48 AM2/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello !
Do you know if we can setup a small print pause when the layer is small and short?

Thanks for your help!

A. Elias

Feb 8, 2014, 12:24:53 PM2/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
There is a pause command for g-code.  You can implement that in the printer settings where it allows custom pre, post and layer g-code.

Are you worried about cooling?

Adam

hugues touzot

Feb 8, 2014, 2:07:27 PM2/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, i printing on cubex at 0.1 or 0.08, and classical layer are really clean but short layers are not printing because the plastic doesn't cool enought.
I made a fan duct but it's not enought too.

Sorry to ask you this but where have i to write this, in the 3 tab ? And sorry too, what are the thing to write, i don't understand the g-code...
if you can help help me it would be great !

Thanks for all !

A. Elias

Feb 9, 2014, 4:05:05 PM2/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Option 1.

Tab which is labeled Ptr G-code.

 N [*] Layers

Try typing in:

G4 P10000

stop typing.

10000 denotes 10 seconds or 10000ms.

Option 2.

Under Fan/Cool there is a Min Layer [s] which you can set to 1 to infinity.  I typically set it to 15 seconds.  You can changed this to 30 seconds and it will slow down your motors and increase you print time by 2.

Option 3.

Under Support enable the prime pillar.

I've implemented option 2 and 3 before with good success.  I've never implemented option 1.

hugues touzot

Feb 9, 2014, 5:25:39 PM2/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Thanks A.Elias !

I will try the prime pillar option, but the first option mean that the extruder stop each layer ?

Is it possible to write something like: G4 10000 for  N [* < 10000] Layers, to command a pause for a layer with an extrusion time under 10s ?

A. Elias

Feb 10, 2014, 8:40:34 AM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well the prime pillar is to add an object to print to increase the time for each layer and prevent nozzle ooze while the part is cooling.  How small are the parts you are printing and what material..

I've made some pretty small parts and I typically slow down the print speed and put a fan on the part, or add more parts for it to print.  I have an Makergear M2 and it has a cooling fan to cool down the printer part, I typically use it for PLA and very small ABS parts.

Adam

hugues touzot

Feb 10, 2014, 4:48:43 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried to print the treefrog http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:18479

The eyes are dirty when i tried to print in PLA under 0.1 mm layer height, this is my test :

Rick Zehr

Feb 10, 2014, 7:57:19 PM2/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You need to slow way down for the eyes - try setting a Min. Layer time of 15 sec on the Material panel, and KS will do it for you. You also need to turn on Destring in the Style panel to get rid of the (you guessed it) strings...

hugues touzot

Feb 12, 2014, 4:28:04 PM2/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I done this setting  on this print, the min layer time was 20 sec, i also try 30s but the plastic didn't flow, it was too slow... no plastic come out, and no printer error. The destring was on for the prime and suck, but they are a mystery for the cubex (i cannot setup up them in KS but in cubeit).