No posting via Email?

Bill Culverhouse

Feb 6, 2014, 3:57:36 PM2/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Why is this group so locked down?
Hard to get into hard to reply to a post.

-edit-
And I *have* to add a tag to post? Wow.

funBart

Feb 6, 2014, 4:42:51 PM2/6/14
Hi, sorry you are feeling it this way.
As you know we made this forum as an temporarily escape. AFIK it's common to become a member of a Google group before able to post. For now we simply accept everybody who is asking for membership, known or unknown. Most of the time all got approved within a couple of hours.
Posting should be easy (except the tag thingy), same as replying. So I'm not sure what's not working yet?
We don't moderate new postings / users BTW.

At first the forum was open for everybody to view without membership, but when the latest beta's were posted of Kisslicer, and nobody knows if Jonathan is ok with it, we made this forum only viewable for members (and the beta's only able to download by members). Just to keep track a little of active users.

Regarding the tags: it's just to easier to group different postings, when clicking on a tag. New users post with titles that are to common most of the time. As we can't change the post-titles, we can add tags to postings to make more clear were they are about.

We are new with moderating / setting up a forum BTW.  I can look for the email-posting setting to turn it on. I hope it's not generating spam that way.
Bart

edit: I made you a tag "forum-settings"!

Miguel FL

Feb 6, 2014, 5:00:17 PM2/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the group, I was looking for alternatives to Cubex software and find this group.

Now I'd downloaded the V.1.2.0.1 and works fine, better than 1.1.0.14.

Yesterday I was trying to print a sample/prototype of aluminium profile and KS 1.1 didn't do right but Cubex software prints OK.

Regards from Spain.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Bart

Feb 6, 2014, 5:11:17 PM2/6/14
The replying a post by email seems to work now.....

edit: it seems to take  a couple of minutes for emailed replies to show up in the forum apparently (=a lot of slow test replies now deleted..)

Bart

Message has been deleted