Feature Request: Bowden pressure problem/Img to stl

Chris V

May 14, 2014, 2:49:52 AM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello and thanks for kisslicer - its very fine!

I am working on a post processing method to prevent bowden pressure problem after ending a path. l am testeting it with Kisslicer generated gcode. The problem: Especially before retraction the extruder should stop for a little way, so the pressure in bowden reduces. Another thing to keep in mind is that before prime the pressure (extrusion) should be better calculated and should be higher. Here is a link to Slic3r, where some guys are working on it. https://github.com/alexrj/Slic3r/pull/2018

It would be cool to have such a feature in KISSlicer, so our delta printers are working more efficient. Also our choclate extrusion system need this feature. I would also help you with programming and stuff if you want.

Another cool feature would be to have an image to stl parser - like in cura.

What do you think´?

Cheers!

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 14, 2014, 9:39:11 AM5/14/14
Sounds like the Clip feature of Skeinforge, extrusion will stop a set distance before the end of a pass to let extruder pressure bleed off.

Davide Ardizzoia

May 14, 2014, 4:17:13 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What would be the difference from "wipe" ?
Best Regards
Davide Ardizzoia

Chris V

May 14, 2014, 4:17:43 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
yes.. thanks for the input! But it should also be possible to control the extra lenght on restart, controlled by speed and so on...

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 14, 2014, 7:47:56 PM5/14/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Wipe back-traces the path, Clip stops the extruder before the end of the path.

Davide Ardizzoia

May 15, 2014, 5:33:06 AM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ok, now I know I WANT clip !

:-)

Thank you
Davide Ardizzoia

Radus

May 15, 2014, 7:31:16 AM5/15/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Need no clip !
Clip stops extrusion and make space, with blob on end.
Need just lower extrusion by 50% or less on the end path and we have smooth seam without blobs.

Radus

May 16, 2014, 4:06:13 AM5/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
See picture how to made perimeters without blobs.

frozen...@yahoo.com

May 16, 2014, 9:46:29 PM5/16/14
Acceleration settings for the extruder need to match up with acceleration of XY as a ratio. I use Mach3 and the acceleration setup is different than firmware based controllers. I get smooth starts and stops by having the accelerations set to the same percentage of maximum speed. Say my max X is 100 with acceleration set to 25, extruder max at 10 with 2.5 acceleration. 25%. But again, this is what works for me in Mach3.

Chris V

May 19, 2014, 4:43:40 AM5/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, @Radus
this is exactly how my script works. Its not a clip function, where extrusion will be stopped and its not a wipe function. It changes the speed and extrusion in deccaleration section (green) with given retract length and max. acceleration of the printer. I am currently testing my script with GCodes from Slic3r and KISS and it seems to work nearly perfect. I didn't get a look at Mach3, but it seems that its nearly the same function. Now I am working on the acceleration section and travel dedection...

Cheers!