No Deselect before Select when same extruder(bug?)

er...@errolsworld.com

Jul 1, 2014, 7:20:22 AM7/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hi All,

I'm having a gcode problem, or my thinking is skewed.

In my extruder deselect I have set the extruder to pull the filament back by 5mm then let the head cool, no wait.

In the select gcode I move the head to X0Y0,let the head heat to temp then I "undo" the filament pullback by feeding 5mm.

This works well when I print with 2 heads

But it does not work for single head as there is no "deselect" to pull the filament back, only a "select" to change the temp, then my gcode feeds 5mm filament which leaves a blob.

Am I doing the pullback/feed in the wrong place? Or should deselect always be called even if the extruder remains the same? I think that there should be a matching number of selects and deselects...

Thank you,
Errol