KISSlicer alternative is found

Rasle500

Jan 21, 2014, 6:05:39 AM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey all

Just want you to know that there is an alternative to KISSlicer.
It is called Simplify3D. http://www.simplify3d.com/
It is expensive 140 usd, but I think it is worth the monney.

I have been a long time KISSlicer PRO user, and have been very happy with the results.
But I got tired of waiting and hoping for further developement.
I am getting equal or better results with Simplify3D and I can even slice the stl's that KISS refuce to slice.
But one of the greatest features in Simplify3D is the way it handles support.

Just wanted to share my findings, so please dont flame me :)

/Michael

Matej Rozman

Jan 21, 2014, 7:04:27 AM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Ive been looking and also contacting the developer for trial version, as I find the software has some nice features.

But instead of free xx day trial sw I got offer for 140 usd "trial" and this is just unacceptable for me.
If we put this aside, looks like a nice package, I really really wish they could provide trial. 140$ is just too much for me to pay for a nice looking GUI not knowing how it performs.

Matej

Rasle500

Jan 21, 2014, 8:07:53 AM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matej

Yes, not offering a trial is a very big mistake by them.
I really took a chance paying the 140$

But I have read somewhere that others have been able to get a 14 days trial by contacting Simplify3D.

/Michael

A. Elias

Jan 21, 2014, 8:36:30 AM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a Makergear M2 and they teamed up with Simplify3D as their recommended slicing software about 9 months ago.  The people in the Makergear google group seem to really like it.

I too contacted the software vendor to see about a free trial and got shot down.  It's hard for me to justify the $125 (it's a few bucks cheaper if you have a Makergear M2) when KISSlicer has met all my needs thus far.

I may have to make the plunge eventually, but after speaking with the vendor they do provide free updates for the life of the product.

Adam
Message has been deleted

Matej Rozman

Jan 21, 2014, 10:07:54 AM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rastle,

yes, I too think is big mistake.
I contacted them about trial, and they said it will be ready in month or two. I did not get an offer for 14 day trial. But have read too about good expirience, im on leverage at the moment.....
All in all, maybe even better, so lets see what will happen with kiss, and if this condition continues, than go after simplify. It is pretty much the only serious slicer for general use besides kisslicer.

Matej

funBart

Jan 21, 2014, 2:38:10 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michael / Rassle500. Shame on you to post this!

Just kidding ;-0 I saw some impressive results as well from Simplify3D. It certainly can be an alternative for KS. It would be more sympathetic when there was the possibility to choose between a simple free version and a Pro version as KS has. But I'm thinking to buy it as well. I asked a while ago for a trial as well, but they only offered the paid version to me too.
The adjustable support structure looks great to me. And they have a lot of settings available, aimed at my Makerbot Replicator.
Bart

Pedro Feliciano

Jan 21, 2014, 3:59:31 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have Simplify3D and nothing compares not even Makerware.
Simplify3D works with multiples printers.
There is a way to use Simplify 3D with Cubeit but haven't ran into it yet.
But the word is out.
I like kisslicer but it's not working to my likings. Now that the forum and the progress is of line, I don't want to continue wasting my time figuring out how to work correctly with cubeit.
The finishes simplify3D are great, My leapfrog works so much nicer than it on repetier, even though I use repetier with my leapfrog as well.
Simplify #d is well worth the funds.
That I can vouch for. All my prints come out awesome.

Robert Eaton

Jan 21, 2014, 5:21:14 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I actually bought Simplify 3D before KS.
However I went back to Simiplify 3D after 2.0 came out, which included built-in configurations for the Leapfrog Creatr. There are features in KS that I like but will probably stick with Simplify especially since there is active development of it.

Simplify is very powerfull and fast and has the best preview I've seen. It is too bad there isn't a trial. They also limit you to install it on two machines. You can move the license but you have to unregister it on the first machine before registering it on the next. (Requres an internet connection.) An internet connection isn't required to run it, just to register the computer it's on when installed.

Hytek3D

Jan 21, 2014, 6:23:16 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I only brought kisslicer for my cubex dou but I'm disappointed I can't get it to work right with the cubeit file I have.

Plexus Brett

Jan 21, 2014, 6:27:08 PM1/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well first of all I am sad to find out about the poofing of Kisslicer/Jonathan. I have been checking the forum but obviously gave up on that. I've emailed him too and no reply. alas..

I was also interested in simplify3D however its $125 and I get no reply from them about a trial version. From what I am read, which have been minimal forum posts elsewhere, its not up to scruff. so paying $125 is not in the cards until I can actually try out the software first.

So now what? we just just hang on to Kisslicer until the world passes us by or Jonathan decides to tell us what's going on?

I am a little miffed. I mean there is a responsibility to people who use and perhaps dependent on your software especially when its paid for. Even just a note saying "sorry. not involved anymore. have fun." would be better than... poof.

Oh well. Kisslicer is still the best slicer out there but it will be eclipsed if its not further developed. thanks for setting up this forum in the meantime.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 22, 2014, 2:03:38 AM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Bart

You got me worried for at second there :)

The more I use Simplify3D the more I realise how powerfull it is.
Yesterday I printed 2 different parts at 2 different settings (one at 0,15 mm layerhight and one at 0,25 mm layerhight) at the same time.
You can even change setting within the same part (say you want 50% infill and 0.2 mm layerhight at the first 10 mm and then the rest hollow at 0.1 layerhight).
One thing Simplify3D realy lacks of is documentation! But hopefully they will Work on that.

Anyway I think it is worth a try when they release a trial.

/Michael

artohaa...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2014, 12:39:13 PM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I stumbled on this http://www.simplify3d.com/downloads/
Only thing to figure out the magic word :D

Matej Rozman

Jan 22, 2014, 2:43:09 PM1/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Please :D

Ah well then life would be just to easy.
Hope someone is reading this, maybe they can get a clue how to sell more licences.

Matej Rozman

Jan 24, 2014, 3:07:15 AM1/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

couldn resist any more, went ahead and dive into this one.
First impressions:
-Its not that fast, in my opinion, KS is still faster at slicing.
-Preview is definately better but it takes good deal of time to generate
-Whole GUI is nicer
-Now I really know why Kisslicer is KeepItSimpleasposibleSlicer
-A lot more options, you can slice different models at different settings, good for guys like me who manually draw their support
-Support for multiple extruders, not just for different phases, but also multicolor
-Lack of crowning (or whatever they want to call it), this is the one I miss most. Most of the time I have need to print really solid models and KS makes this possible. This is really big negative for me.
-Ability to control printer, host feature.
-Havent found a simple way yet to configure different materials.

So all in all, lets see how it does from digital into phisical, but at this fist impression, I understand why they dont want to give trial ;), maybe the printed pices will change my mind.

David Melvin

Jan 24, 2014, 9:19:18 AM1/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Would be really to see some comparison prints...good luck

Rick B

Jan 24, 2014, 11:31:07 AM1/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Simplify3D looks very promising and has great features. But needs some tweaking to produce files to work for the CubeX.
Has anybody gotten Simplify3D to work for the cubeX?
Thanks.

Mike M

Jan 25, 2014, 5:27:22 AM1/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
As a user who paid for it $125 and had to get a refund , i was a little disappointed. It works really well , but left small zits and bad seams on detailed prints.

It has tons of great stuff , but these two problems were a deal breaker for me. Hopefully they will fix this and i will gladly purchase.

Matthew Dalton

Jan 25, 2014, 12:25:24 PM1/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How accurate are the prints. The thing that really made kiss shine was the dimensional accuracy

Robert Eaton

Jan 26, 2014, 12:29:39 AM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Rick Zehr

Jan 26, 2014, 12:04:52 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Good comparison - I'll have to try S3D, as it also has variable layer height settings, similar to Slic3r.

One cure for the dome-top issues he describes is to reduce the layer height for the top few millimeters.  I had the same issue with a product I produce. If I'm printing it at .25mm for the body of it, I tell Slic3r to go to .2mm when 2mm from the top, and then to .15mm at .6mm from the top.

This keeps the visible layer edge width about the same, and results in a smoother-looking dome and better fill-in at the center.

funBart

Jan 26, 2014, 7:26:01 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
That is a nice review on Rob's page! Is he on this forum too? As I couldn't find Rob65.

Ik wilde hem namelijk ook bedanken voor het geweldige kruudmoes recept dat ik vond op zijn site.

Bart

Rick Zehr

Jan 26, 2014, 8:21:18 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I just tried S3D Creator. Ugh.

I have a model which is, more or less, a hollow empty egg shape with walls about 2mm thick, standing on the small end (flat), flat on the xy-plane, and with a hole into the interior upward from the xy-plane.

Slic3r and KISSlicer have no problem with it, but S3D completely ignores the hole and the hollow interior, and prints the whole thing as a solid object - useless.

I've reported the issue - we'll see if their support is better than KS...
6^)

Robert Eaton

Jan 26, 2014, 8:35:56 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Did you happen to try the repair options from the top menu?

Rick Zehr

Jan 26, 2014, 8:39:30 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yep. It's already been through netfabb's cloud version, and s3d says it is manifold and no problems.

It shows the hole and the interior in the model view, but discards it completely when slicing.

Rick Zehr

Jan 26, 2014, 8:48:16 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, there's another problem solved.

There is an Other settings tab in the Advanced panels, with a Slicing Behavior section containing a checkbox for "Merge all outlines into a single solid model" where the default is set to On. Turning that off caused it to slice with the interior and hole intact.

Seems like a totally inappropriate default to me, but what do I know...

funBart

Jan 26, 2014, 9:24:33 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Being curious, I bought it today as well, big problems to install it, but after downloading the software again, it's working on my Mac.

I asked some questions to their support:
setting different diameters material for two extruders (support with T1, model with T0)
Regarding dual extrusion: there are many settings to tweak in the processes, but what I miss is the ability to set different diameters for the two extruders in a profile. (as I use one filament with 1.65mm, and the other 1.75mm).
Did I oversee something? Or do the differences have to be set with the flow tweak? When so, I would opt for extra fields to set  the diameters of the different extruders.

no real multicolored objects with support (as Slic3r)
When I add two stl's for dual extrusion, I had to correct the automatic placement on the platform by changing the Z value. Is it possible to turn the auto placement off, so the two stl' keep their relative position as exported from the modeller?

For those two stl's I made two different Processes, one for layer printing with T0, the other with T1 and applied them to the corresponding stl.
So far so good, but when setting the support structure for both stl's and processes , it turned out that they both got an individual support, without taken into account the other stl/support structure. So those two are blended without the other stl taken into account, resulting in extrusions running through other extrusions. How to set that, I couldn't find it. I know Slic3r is able to do it, but after merging two stl's into another amf file. So: how to set a support structure for a dual colored object, without those simple 'merge of two Gcodes" like ReplicatorG did?

Some pics and stl's attached:

trap 2 (repaired).stl
trap 1 (repaired).stl

Rick Zehr

Jan 26, 2014, 10:01:02 PM1/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've got it printing some pieces right now. Impressions so far are that it gives nice surfaces with really tiny seam-dimples, with less messing around than it took me to get there with KS.

While it has variable temperature by layer, it does not do variable layer height like S3r, nor do you have any real control over the fan by layer.

With luck, they will continue to develop it, but those two are my big wishlist items.

Matej Rozman

Jan 27, 2014, 1:50:53 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Well, I have played with it just a bit. Just to answer some of your questines:

-Variable height:
   You have to set up two processes (or more). The process has an option where at witch height to start printing and at witch height to stop. You have to set up multiple processes to produce multiple height path.
    You can find this option under layer tab. I havent tried it yet, just saw how its done on their tutorial section.

-Using two extruders and different diameter materials:
  Again, there is a tab "Other" in the process witch you can enter your material diameter for second material. Basically if I understand correctly you have to set up second process for second extruder. By doing so you can
  print either multi color or lets say support with second extruder. I do not understand however, how is support applied to the second extruder only. Again, have not tried it yet, as at the moment have not ability to run
  second extruder, and also I havent yet to find any sensible setings that would produce good results printing just a simple object.

My findings:

I really dont like this software, I find it very difficult to tune. Being used to work with KISS for almost a year now its really tough to make this one work. I really dont understand the logic of the saved profiles, its really really strange. Sometimes I save settings and then I find I get some old setting back in the profile. Its just mind wrecking.
It has some cool features though, but some of them gives me headaches. One thing I find very annoying is I have blobs all over the model. I know this is a setting feature, but I reckon it will take me really some time to get this sorted out. I blame this also on the logic of the slicer, it does brake perimeters and it makes them one by one, not all in a single go like all the other slicers (Cura is doing something simillar). Although this is good stuff becaose it gives loops enough time to cool somewhat, therefore it does not "overheat" perimeter, but all the blobs will show on the most outher loop, even the blobs on the inside. So looks like Ive got some long tweeking ahead to make this perform good enough, especially considering Im on a bowden setup.

Is it worth 140$? If you are on a dual, triple or even more headed setup, then Id say yes, it has some features you can only wish for. If you are on a single extruder, it just doesent cut it. Kiss hasnt failed me on a single model in almost a year, it does perfect job every time and I really havent spend much time tweaking it. Its one of those thing that just works. But I have not given up, I belive I will find good settings sometime but until then I have trusty KS that just keeps going&going.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 2:25:08 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 2:27:43 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hey Matej

Have you tried the coasting setting to eliminate blobs?

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 6:50:42 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
"While it has variable temperature by layer, it does not do variable layer height like S3r, nor do you have any real control over the fan by layer."

You can control layerhight (and every thing else) per layer, just start a new process.

You can control fan speed (0-100%) per layer.
If your printer is not supporting PWM on your fan just use 0% for off and 100% for on.

Robert Eaton

Jan 27, 2014, 7:38:03 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
One handy feature is the ability to save ".factory" files, which is kind of like a project file.
The factory file saves everything including the the model in one file. So if you have a complex setup with multiple processes you can save the factory file to use later or easily share.

Rick Zehr

Jan 27, 2014, 11:02:51 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
OK - gonna try the multiple-zone approach today.

The prints I made overnight from s3d at .2mm are remarkable for the seam-dots, which are basically invisible. It's the best surface I've seen, after producing hundreds of prototypes with KS and S3r. Crowning is nothing special, but I can correct that with thinner layers near the top of the piece.

For me, this product has been the print from hell: http://www.fencing.net/forums/attachments/5855d1388081935-palmels.jpg  The combination of curves and overhangs has been a real bear to get printing well.

So far, I'm pretty impressed with Creator. It's a little light on options compared to S3r, but less of a PIA to set up, and the pockless surface is huge for me.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 11:16:50 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Hey Rick

Another way to get closer top surface is to add one more infill angel under infill tab.

I have 45, -45 and added 0

Rick Zehr

Jan 27, 2014, 11:22:13 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What does that do for the crowns?  And what does having more than two angles do to the infill?

I had changed infill angles to 0 and 90, because my printer (Trinitylabs Aluminatus) runs much quieter when it's doing angles other than 45-degrees, when the steppers tend to resonate

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 11:35:30 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Nothing for crowns, but it reduce the small gaps I sometimes get in i toplayer,

It may or may not do anything for your prints.

Rick Zehr

Jan 27, 2014, 11:42:18 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Oops - the seam-dots were invisible because it lined them all up in a straight seam which I had overlooked.

Sigh.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 27, 2014, 11:43:10 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Your link ask for username and password

Rick Zehr

Jan 27, 2014, 11:48:28 AM1/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here it is.
palmels.jpg

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Jan 29, 2014, 2:24:21 AM1/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Matt Hoover

Feb 1, 2014, 8:49:35 AM2/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I contacted them about supporting my bfb 3d touch, and no surprise they dont support it, just like cura.  Stranded on the bfb island again.

Has anyone converted their controls in controller in their 3d touch so it can be used with some of the latest software that has been developed?

Dismantled

Feb 1, 2014, 6:36:45 PM2/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I bought the software and I've played with setting to make it work for bfb, but only with the software setting seem to be impossible.
I contacted them asking for support for bfb printers and explaining what problems make the produced file incompatible with bfb printers...
but actually any answer is received.
If they make the software compatible with bfb printers it will be also for cubex (the file are very similar)
Maybe the bfb/cubex peoples not ask enough support?

Anyway...after identified the problems write a postprocess to make the correction may be possible.

hugues touzot

Feb 2, 2014, 5:06:34 PM2/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I asked the S3d team and they told me to use cubeit to print with a cubex.
Good luck !

toranarod

Feb 8, 2014, 3:08:34 PM2/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I own a 3D touch and a CubeX I am going in Balls and all. I will buy this and give it a try. I also am concerned about the support that KISSlicer is not getting and need to say up with the a product that is going to stay with me.

If you buy this program do they supply the next version or upgrades as complimentary. or will i need to buy every version that come out?
dose it work with cubit?

On Tuesday, 21 January 2014 22:05:39 UTC+11, Rasle500 (3Drasle) wrote:
Hey all

Just want you to know that there is an alternative to KISSlicer.
It is called Simplify3D. http://www.simplify3d.com/
It is expensive 140 usd, but I think it is worth the monney.

I have been a long time KISSlicer PRO user, and have been very happy with the results.
But I got tired of waiting and hoping for further developement.
I am getting equal or better results with Simplify3D and I can even slice the stl's that KISS refuce to slice.
But one of the greatest features in Simplify3D is the way it handles support.

Just wanted to share my findings, so please dont flame me :)

/Michael

Robert Eaton

Feb 9, 2014, 1:57:27 AM2/9/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I'm not sure what the official policy is.
There wasn't any charge when the released version 2.

karabas3

Feb 13, 2014, 5:31:08 AM2/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Aluminatus? I've read it's top quality printer. Why Z banding??

понедельник, 27 января 2014 г., 18:48:28 UTC+2 пользователь Rick Zehr написал:
Here it is.

karabas3

Feb 13, 2014, 5:34:54 AM2/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I tried  ealier version of Simplify3d but it cannot  connect on 250000 baud. I did not want to reflash every time to switch between slicers so I did not actually printed. I prefer 250000

Rick Zehr

Feb 13, 2014, 11:47:50 AM2/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You're actually seeing facets in the design. I created the egg shape in tinkercad.com, and it does pretty low-resolution triangles when you download from it.

I decided I like the facets - distinctive, and it helps with grip. Only problem is that the layer height interacts with the bands, and some become more emphasized than others. The facets come out better on an SLS printer.

Matej Rozman

Feb 17, 2014, 5:11:23 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

so after some weeks with simplify I will just stick with kisslicer. I know, I know, whole lot more features and all, but this software is pretty stuborn.
I still have blobs! Whatever I try, I still have blobs. I know, its problem with my machine, when retract is happening, for some reason I get blob in the start of print. This is all the same with kisslicer, BUT, kiss is at least that clever and contains all my blobs in one place. This is very important for me! With Simplify, whatever I tried, it went allover the place. Well, I can be contained to some degree, but never perfect like kiss does.

So, dear group, Id be really glad if someone can tell me how to reduce the bloob in the start of extruding or can provide me with info on how to contain all the start/stops with simplify in one place like kiss does.

Otherwise, I calibrated it, id does good job on dimensiones, very nice perimeter quality (if not best Ive seen), only....BLOBS!

Just to eliminate, Ive tried it all there is possible in software. Like said, can contained them, but not like kiss does.
Played also with all the retract distances, coasting, wiping, you name it, i did it. Now, blobs are pretty small, but when they are all over, something just looks odd.

Thanks, Matej

toranarod

Feb 17, 2014, 8:42:44 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
This may be to simple But what is you prime Value ?
I was playing around with some really shitty PLA I got from some where. and I put 0 as prime and suck up very high. the first thing i notice the start blob dissipated.
Sounds to simple I know and I would of thought you already tried this but better I mention it.

Just curious what is your printer?

On Monday, 17 February 2014 21:11:23 UTC+11, Matej Rozman wrote:
Hello all,

so after some weeks with simplify I will just stick with kisslir. I know, I know, whole lot more features and all, but this software is pretty stuborn.

toranarod

Feb 17, 2014, 8:59:38 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
May I also say. The blobbing and over string from what i have experimented with is mostly about the design of the extruder.
I have built over 6 to 7 different extruder's in the last months. By that I mean the hot end. It is all to do with the length of the main barrel how much pressure the molten plastic is under and for how long. with some extruder's suck just doesn't work no matter how much you retract the filament because the forward pressure has built up to much.
I cant explain it in detail here right now. to much to write.  and it may not even be relevant for you. but once again better mention it just in case.

Matej Rozman

Feb 17, 2014, 9:59:54 AM2/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, belive me ive been there. It is true to some extent, I have lessen my blobs at the beggining of the path with less prime, but if I overdoit, it will go underflow to say mildly.
About hotend, I use E3D, have good expirience with them and no reason to change anything. I use bowden though, maybe i forgot to mention, this is somewhat important fact.
Any more ideas I can try?

Matej Rozman

Feb 18, 2014, 6:57:53 AM2/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, me again.
Looks like +Whosa whatsis just made my day. Please take a look at this post: https://plus.google.com/105535247347788377245/posts/TY6XCPDqBKU

I havent tried it yet, but Im sure gonna. This just might be the cure for bowden extruders. Now there is only one problem, 140$ Simplify software does not know how to output G10/1 in postprocess. Even now outdated Skeinforge can do this.
Can someone remind me why I ever bothered to buy this software? Probably becaose of no trial....live and learn they say....

Print_This

Mar 5, 2014, 9:01:52 PM3/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
whiling to sell your kisslicer pro license to me? since i cant get a response from my pro key purchase?

toranarod

Mar 5, 2014, 10:46:44 PM3/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
what is your printer?

Jesper Lindeberg

Mar 6, 2014, 2:14:35 AM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
You could use the contact form on simplify3d.com and make a feature request. That's what I have done and they fixed one of my problems in the next update.
Message has been deleted

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Mar 6, 2014, 1:48:15 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Sorry, no. still use both slicers.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Mar 6, 2014, 1:51:08 PM3/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
How long have you been waiting for the key?

Print_This

Mar 7, 2014, 7:56:18 PM3/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
5 days now.  :(

Matej Rozman

Mar 21, 2014, 7:40:04 AM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

have anybody else expirience with the weird behaviour of simplify 3D? Mine is locked for some unknown reason and I cant get any answer from any of the S3D mails Ive got.
And yes, Ive payed for the sw full 140$ so its kind of redicolous they have lock it down.

BR, Matej

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Mar 21, 2014, 8:12:35 AM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matej

Mine is working fine. Did you read this thread?

/Michael

Matej Rozman

Mar 21, 2014, 9:04:34 AM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, have read it and just about half an hour ago Ive got email from Clayton from S3D.
Okay, at least something is hapenning about this issue, but Im really not happy with responce, this will probably take a week or two until resolved, becaose the S3D have responce time of a snail.
Im really not happy with the support, nor am I with the sw itselfe. At this moment I just wish I could get a refund.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Mar 21, 2014, 3:14:19 PM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Yes that is really bad style, and I would like more contact with the developers in the forum. I emailed support once at got a response 2 or 3 day later, that could be better.

The SW I really like. It may not be on par with KISS in some places but wins in others.

And they still develop on it, for me that is a big +

/Michael

Rick Zehr

Mar 22, 2014, 12:48:24 PM3/22/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've tried Cura a couple of times, and was not impressed, but their latest release is at least as good as KS, Silc3r, or S3D, with better print surface quality.

I've been fighting with all three of the others on a small part about the size and shape of my thumb, and have had a devil of a time getting retraction to work well - I get pimples or dimples (zits/pits?  blivets/divots?) at layer start/end points.

I tried the latest Cura version 14.0.3 and plugged in the retraction length for my printer, and it got the start/end points exactly right with no artifacts before or after.

Cura has a really unique approach to toolpaths, building my hollow cylinder in layered paths that give a really nice surface by allowing inner peripheries to cool before adding the outermost. My only gripe is that it's "random" placement of the endpoints isn't very random - some are concentrated on one side of the object.

This is better, however, than the "random" placement of any of the other three, all of which break down completely if you print more than one object - the randomness disappears almost entirely, and the shortest travel path between the objects becomes a very visible seam.

So for now, I'm using Cura, and I've come to like it - it prints well and although it seems simplified, it gets the basics right and has reasonable defaults for the details. There is even a workaround for getting it to do variable layer height.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Apr 12, 2014, 10:58:47 AM4/12/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com

Rick Zehr

Apr 13, 2014, 11:36:07 AM4/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Looks like 2.01 - a bug-fix release from a few months ago.

Robert Eaton

Apr 13, 2014, 1:12:38 PM4/13/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I don't know about versions for other OS's, but the Windows 64 bit version is 2.1.0.
Been using it for two days.
It hasn't been officially released, but is being discussed on their forum.

Rasle500 (3Drasle)

Apr 18, 2014, 12:04:59 PM4/18/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Found this video demonstrating Simplify3D V2.01 (not V.2.1, but still a great video)

/Michael

Rick Zehr

Apr 27, 2014, 12:59:41 PM4/27/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
My problem is that there is no other slicer I've found that gives control over a range of where "random" outer-layer starts/ends occur, like Kisslicer. Thus, for at least one part I manufacture, there is no alternative.

Annoyingly, KS does not offer Sequential printing (one object until done, then on to the next one). Personally I couldn't care less about multi-extruder support, but Sequential print is top of my wishlist. It can reduce spoiled parts and speed printing while improving quality.

Mrs. Lonesock

May 16, 2014, 6:53:28 PM5/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Rick-
You'll be happy to know that Jonathan is currently working on Sequential Printing. It's coming soon! Thanks for your patience, and support of KS.  We hope the new release will be just what you need to speed things up (while keeping it simple, of course) :)

~Mrs. Lonesock

Rick Zehr

May 17, 2014, 1:14:47 AM5/17/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. I know it's not an easy issue to solve. For example, my Ultimaker 2 has a pair of smoothrods 5cm above the buildplate, which move the head. Now how do you tell the software that it has to lay out the pieces diagonally to avoid collisions with that?

I'm looking forward to the result.