solidoodle 4

Diane z

Aug 31, 2014, 12:45:34 PM8/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Does any one have this printer? if so is it good? also they are coming out with the press any feedbacks? can kisslicer be used on these machines? If not no go I love this program :)

funBart

Aug 31, 2014, 3:44:46 PM8/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I try to check the specs of the Solidoodle 4 to see if the rquirements are basic Gcode.  But... do you really want to buy a printer of a company that even hasn't content under the 'support'  button?

Maybe a tip: I have bought recently two CraftBot printers (of Indiegogo) that comes with a very promising Slicer (Craftware) and surely will work with Kisslicer as well, as it takes standard Gcode.
Although they are new on the marked as well, the documentation, support etc are looking good.

Bart

Colen Casey

Aug 31, 2014, 6:11:37 PM8/31/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Kisslicer will work with the solidoodle just fine
the solidoodle 4 is a nicer (more end user looking) 3d printer
they cleaned it up and put a nice case on it

its a 8x8x8 build area with a heated bed and 1 extruder (the extruder is on the x/y carriage with the hotend
I personally thing bowden is better but 600.00 for a average size 3d printer is a good price none the less