CubeX Trio

Francesco Catozzo

Apr 28, 2014, 9:43:52 PM4/28/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ciao to everyone.

I am new in this group and I hope I can find all the answers I need regarding my 3d printer, Cube X Trio.

I bought this printer in February, got 3 color filament in PLA (red, blue and white) and 3 filament in ABS (red, blue and white).

I run some the setup, some test, print, etc.

Till few days ago I didn't get any problem, even do the quality is not expected (maybe I make few mistakes on the set up parameters), but now I always get error 304 on printer head 3 when I print with blue filament in PLA.

Somebody can help me with this?

And reading around could someone explain me in very simple words how it work Kisslicer and the advantage I can get with it?I really want increase the quality of the printing so I am open also to any suggestion for the setup...

For now thanks

hugues

Apr 29, 2014, 3:11:10 AM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hello Francesco,

Kisslicer will slice in a better way your model and with it, you will be able to use other material than 3ds cartridge. For example you can print HIPS for support and disolve it, the only limitation is the filament diameter, it has to be really close to 1.7 - 1.8 (max) mm diameter.

KS is not difficult to setup with cubeitmod. You just have to print some tests cube or cylinder to get a good setup per material, if your extremist you can do it by material colors.
Quickly :
After installing cubeitmod
1 - open a small cube or cylinder (like 20*20*20 mm) (it like the second cause i can watch the PS for M227/228)
2 - measure your filament diameter in several points and put the average in the material tab (name it by material/layer thickness, ex: PLA-Cubex-0.1mm)
3 - Still in the material tab, start with a flow tweak to 1, For the M227/M228 (seam effect) look on the forum or start with Giovanni values.
4 - Setup the basical function for the calibration in the style tab (1loop, 0 skin thickness, 0 jitter, extrusion&infill width to 0.5 and your layer height, infill to hollow, wipe off)
5 - Slice/Save and print your test
6 - Print finish : measure the only loop print, if its less than 0.5 mm increase the flow tweak by 0.02 per 0.1 mm if it's more i think you understand... Re-print with the new value and check if your thickness is right.
7 - Look at the seam, you can have a "flat" seam when playing with the M227/228, i made some repport on 0.1 mm layer height : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1WgGEOTtXixm_hI-uub_aQnoXUR1mZRT1FbxexAzdgUc/edit?usp=sharing

8 - After this try some print to check the surface aspect. 100 % on the solid box is a good value if your printer is not offset.

Hope it's help !

Francesco Catozzo

Apr 29, 2014, 11:07:44 PM4/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ciao hugues thanks for the answer.

I will try to follow all what you said. But give me few days cuz I can "play" with my printer when I have time at work

Roberto Gehlen Oliveira

Sep 16, 2014, 1:12:16 AM9/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The CUBE 3D FREE device blocks the CubeX to write on the protection chips, allowing the use of external filaments, using the original Cubify software or Kisslicer ... www.cube3dfree.com