Cubeitmod V4.9 post-processor for Cubex & Kisslicer

giovanni.v

Oct 16, 2014, 5:24:30 PM10/16/14
-------------------Update 20/10/2014-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubeitmod V4.91

What's new :
- now you can use "Bed roughness" and "Z Offset".
This can be useful to increase the thickness of the first layer.

How to install :
Follow the instructions below and instead of use Cubeitmod.exx use Cubeitmod491.exx.
Rename Cubeitmod491.exx to Cubeitmod.exe

-------------------Update 16/10/2014-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Cubeitmod V4.9

What's new :
- now is possible to use other than "Straight" Infill Styles, but Cubeitmod has a good control of the flow only with Straight.
Infill% can be used to tweak all the infill styles but is more accurate with the "Straight Style".

- Set Infill % now works with Cubeitmod, you can use it to tweak your infill.

- various small and cosmetic improvements into the code

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About installation :
If you're already running CubeItMod V3.7 or earlier just copy CubeItMod.exx into your Kisslicer folder, delete the old CubeItMod.exe and rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

If you're not running CubeItMod V3.7 or earlier here's how to install :

1 ) copy the CubeItMod files into the Kisslicer Folder
Rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe

2) Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po

3) If you have already used Kisslicer and want to save your settings, create a folder Old_ini into the Kisslicer Folder and copy the ini files you have into the Kisslicer folder into the Old_ini folder.

4) Copy the ini files of this thread into the Kisslicer folder.

5) Copy BedCubex.stl file into the Kisslicer folder

Now Kisslicer is ready to work with CubeItMod.

The ini files into this thread are not supposed to have the "perfect settings" but just a good starting point to help you find the right settings for your printer. You can find settings for PLA, ABS, T-Glase and PVA with 0.1mm and 0.2mm layer thickness.

You still can go back to your old settings by replacing the ini files with the ones you saved into Old_ini folder.

Have fun !
Giovanni

CubeItMod.exx
BedCubeX.stl
_materials.ini
_printers.ini
_styles.ini
_supports.ini
CubeItMod.po
CubeItMod49.au3
CubeItMod491.exx
CubeItMod491.au3

hugues

Oct 16, 2014, 5:35:20 PM10/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Cool !

I will test it tomorrow !

Thanks !

Tanguy Lefebvre

Oct 20, 2014, 3:25:18 PM10/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Giovanni,
Do you plan a Mac release?
Thank you
Tanguy

Le jeudi 16 octobre 2014 23:24:30 UTC+2, giovanni.v a écrit :
[...]

Peter Gregory

Oct 20, 2014, 3:40:39 PM10/20/14
And here is the mac port of 4.91

CubeItNet491.zip

giovanni.v

airsoftmart

Oct 23, 2014, 6:27:22 AM10/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Getting this error any ideas

CUBEITMOD V4.9 Fatal Error!
Cant Find Materials Info in Print File
(Kisslicer Comments must be turned ON!)

Tanguy Lefebvre

Oct 23, 2014, 6:30:57 AM10/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Peter,
Great, I test it right now! :)
Best
T.

giovanni.v

Oct 23, 2014, 7:32:42 AM10/23/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Are the comments turned ON ?

airsoftmart

Oct 24, 2014, 3:40:51 AM10/24/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes if I go into KISSlicer and go into Printer and Firmware Include Comments is TICKED

Mark

bobby...@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2014, 1:46:40 PM10/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am in the middle of the painful painful painful process of setting up my CubeX Trio. Only able to print low quality parts so far... I've downloaded Kisslicer v 1.1.0.14 and cubeitmod 4.91. I got the message 'Please select input file' when I run the slice command. See attached file named 'Input file message.png'. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you,

Robert
Error Message.png
Input file message.png
Kisslicer Main screen.png

hugues

Oct 25, 2014, 4:03:10 PM10/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Robert,

To start it's easier to install all the ini files in the kisslicer folder.Giovanni put them in the first post. Them select the Cubex printer in the printer tab.

If you want to print with all the extruder download the beta version of Kisslicer.

giovanni.v

Oct 25, 2014, 4:16:57 PM10/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Use the ini files of the first post of this thread.
Copy them into the Kisslicer's folder to replace the ones you're using.

giovanni.v

Oct 25, 2014, 4:28:06 PM10/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I forgot, you also have to copy the attached file into the Kisslicer's folder.

Le samedi 25 octobre 2014 19:46:40 UTC+2, bobby...@gmail.com a écrit :
BedCubeX.stl

Cesar Rullier

Oct 29, 2014, 2:48:45 PM10/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Guys this is great. I have run the programs and I am getting familiar with it, however I own a cubepro. There is not way to make this work with it is there?

Scott

Oct 29, 2014, 3:33:32 PM10/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I have a question about the material tab. I was reading thru the user manual, and noticed that the destring parameters are prime, suck, and wipe. I'm using cubeltmod491 and my parameters are M227P M227S and Wipe. I assume this has to do with the way the cubeX operates, but it would be really nice to control prime and suck independently, instead of 1 value controlling both, M227P. Is this possible for cubex or not? From the very start of using KISSlicer, I've had the problem of the start of loops not having enough material extruded, like it needs less suck and more prime. Any help appreciated, really struggling here.

hugues

Oct 29, 2014, 4:16:23 PM10/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,

It's not dependent of CubeItMod, the cubex firmware use the M227p for both, prime and suck control. I agree with you and with the last version of Kisslicer you have to find the right setup per material. For example the setup in the INI files from Giovanni works well for Pla if I increase the S but if I print with carbine/pla I get your problem, you can trick it by changing the seam setup in the style tab.

Maybe Giovanni can speak more about this obscur point !

giovanni.v

Oct 29, 2014, 4:35:39 PM10/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Cesar,
at the moment it's better to work with Codex to understand how the G-code work into the Cubepro.
When the Cubepro users have figured out how the G-code work on their printer it would be possible to adapt Cubeitmod to the Cubepro to improve the print quality, or if Ron wants he can integrate Cubeitmod into Codex.

giovanni.v

Oct 29, 2014, 4:47:42 PM10/29/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scott,
read my post of 17 june into this thread to understand how M227 P & S and M228 P & S work :
https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=fr#!searchin/kisslicer-refugee-camp/dynamic$20suck/kisslicer-refugee-camp/VvmF70oNQEI/VHKeVsxqYboJ

If you have a lack of material at the beginning of the loop, usually it helps if you reduces M227P, M227S and M228P

C.Scheers

Nov 5, 2014, 2:30:23 AM11/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
In the post process command, add "<FILE>" at the end.  That is, the command should be:

CubeItMod.exe "<FILE>"

Also, for a CubeX printer, the firmware type should be Bits From Bytes.

Good luck!

y.ult...@gmail.com

Nov 5, 2014, 11:02:17 AM11/5/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

firstly thank you very much for CubeItmod !

I use version 4.9.1
when I put the parameter% solid very low on very thin pieces it seems that nothing changes ...

may be this parameter is ignored if it is too low if this is the case it is possible to add a flag in the final window "completed" to indicate if the parameter has been ignored?

thank you

5) Copy BedCubex.stl file into the Kisslicer folder

giovanni.v

Nov 5, 2014, 3:26:57 PM11/5/14
thanks for your feedback, this helps me find problems and improve Cubeitmod faster.

As you certainly have seen, Cubeitmod increase the X/Y speed on small solid paths, with the 4.91 and previous versions the max multiplication of the speed is 10, I think it's a lot but if you want try here's a version where the multiplication of the speed can go up to 20.
I didnt test this version, so let me know how it works.
CubeItMod.exx

y.ult...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 3:13:39 AM11/6/14

Since I made more test.
I use (always) the last beta, currently the KISSlicer Version V1.5 Beta1.16.
My test piece is very small (see Image and STL)
I'm looking to control the speed of solid% with version 4.5 it works but not with the 4.9.1 release.

It also seems to work with version 4.8
Part 10x3x1mm.STL
Part_10x3x1mm.jpg
V4.5.jpg
V4.9.1.jpg

Thomas Paillet

Nov 6, 2014, 9:20:03 AM11/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi ,
I am a new french user with Kisslicer Cubeitmod
I followed the installation process and if I understand it is the .bfb file I obtained after the slice I run my Cubex trio ?
I wonder if there is a major change settings on the printer before printing?
And print with multi-colors?
Thank you in advance,
Thomas

y.ult...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2014, 10:50:55 AM11/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
salut,

Oui,c'est le .bfb à donner à la cubex, après qu'il soit traité par Cubeitmod.
Tous les paramétrages sont à faire dans kisslicer, faut juste bien régler le Z-gap dans la cubex avant de lancer l'impression.
Peut étre y a t'il aussi un alignement des tête à faire dans la cubex mais je ne sais pas car la mienne n'a qu'un extrudeur.

A+

Thomas Paillet

Nov 6, 2014, 12:23:24 PM11/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Merci de ta réponse !
j'ai paramétrer mon fichier sur Kisslicer puis il a  enrengistré un .bfb et un .bak sur mon pc.
Comme tu viens de me le dire j'ai donner le fichier .bfb a la cubex puis j'ai lancé l'impression.
L'imprimante se lance, dessine la forme mais on dirais qu'elle tire du plastique dans le vide.... a tu une solution ?
Merci d'avance.

hugues

Nov 6, 2014, 2:25:17 PM11/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Le z-gapp !

Peter Gregory

Nov 6, 2014, 6:42:39 PM11/6/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Google translation is great.
The "Filament Flow Error" translates to "it takes plastic in a vacuum"
I would love it if my printer displayed that message. :)

giovanni.v

Nov 7, 2014, 6:46:08 AM11/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,
as Kisslicer and Cubetitmod calculates very precisely the amount of extruded plastic, it is very very important to set very well the printer before start printing.
First control the level of the bed and adjust it with the two bolts as described into the printer instructions.
Then set the Z-gap, repeat the this setting a few times to ensure it's OK, because the sensor on the Cubex lacks on repeatability.
For the best results replace the reed sensor of the Cubex with this optical kit :

If your level and Z-gap are good, you'll observe that the first layer is a little squished on the bed on all the path.
You can use a raft or Bed roughness with Z offset to increase this effect or if your bed is not very flat.

Salut Thomas,
comme Kisslicer et Cubetitmod calculent très précisément la quantité de plastique extrudé, il est très très important de régler avec beaucoup de soin l'mprimante avant de commencer à imprimer.
Premièrement contrôle le niveau du plateau avec "Level bed" et règle le du mieux que tu peux comme décrit dans les instructions de l'imprimante.
Ensuite règle le Z-Gap, répète ce réglage à quelques reprises pour t'assurer qu'il est OK, car le capteur sur le Cubex manque de répétabilité.
Pour obtenir les meilleurs résultats remplace le capteur Reed de la Cubex avec ce kit optique:

Si ton niveau et Z-Gap sont bons, tu verras que la première couche est un peu "écrasé" sur le plateau et sur tout le pourtour de ta pièce elle doit être régulière.
Tu peux utiliser un Raft ou "Bed roughness" avec "Z-offset" pour augmenter cet effet ou si ton plateau n'est pas très plat.

Thomas Paillet

Nov 7, 2014, 6:43:48 PM11/7/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Salut !
Merci pour ta réponse.
Je pense avoir bien réglé le Z-Gap, j'ai pu lancer plusieurs impressions de petits objets pas mal pour le moment.
J’achèterais le kit bientôt pour améliorer la précision.
Quand j'ouvre un stl sur kisslicer, j'ai toujours un petit cylindre qui apparais et qui se lance aussi dans l'impression. Impossible de le supprimer ?
Et est-il possible de faire les supports et la pièce avec des matériaux différents ? d'ailleurs les supports sont obligatoirement automatique ou on peut les faire ?

Merci encore !

Hi!
Thank you for your reply.
I think I have properly set the Z-Gap, I was able to run multiple impressions small objects quite yet.
I would buy the kit soon to improve accuracy.
When I open a stl on kisslicer, I always have a small cylinder that Appear and is also expanding into print. Unable to remove it?
And is it possible to play the media and with different materials? moreover supports are necessarily automatic or can do?

giovanni.v

Nov 8, 2014, 3:12:32 AM11/8/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
the cylinder is into "Support" tab, -> Pillar, you can set to "None" to remove the cylinder, but if you print small parts I suggest you to use the "Pillar" because it allows the last layer of the part to cool down before the next layer is printed.

Kisslicer can print with up to 4 extruders but you have to buy the PRO licence.
Go in to "Printer"->"Extruder Materials" and select the filament you have for each extruder.

About the Support, for sure you can choose, there are many options, I suggest you to look at the guide :