New release CubeItMod V3.0

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2014, 3:02:27 PM3/19/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
What's new :
- at the end of process the message will show if M227 and M228 are used, it displays also the parameters of these functions even if you decided to not to use the functions.
You may also have a warning message if you are using very low speeds and very small layer thickness, because sometimes Kisslices calculate very low speeds for the extruder, but as the cubex cant go so slowly I had to set the extruder speed at the lowest possible and increase the speeds ox X/Y axes to match the extruder.
If you receive the message you still can print but as the speed is increased ( sometimes dramatically, you can have up to 900% more speed!!! ) the quality will not be good and you can choose to not print and follow the suggestions proposed to change the settings.

- Some menus into Kisslicer are changed to meet the new CubeItMod V3.0.
Into Kisslicer you can choose to activate M227 from the "Style" Menu and the M228 from the Printer / Firmware menu
Into the Material you can set the M227 S, M227 P , M228 S and M228 P.
Like that you can save the right S/P values for each material.

How to install :
copy the CubeItMod files into the Kisslicer Folder
Rename CubeItMod.exx to CubeItMod.exe
Start Kisslicer and go to Preferences/Languages/Load Language file
Select the CubeitMod.po
Now you have the new Menu, with the names for CubeItMod.

Starting settings ( used today with good results on PLA layer thickness 0.1, still need some fine tuning but look at the back of the frog it's almost impossible to feel where the loop starts):
M227P =0.1
M227S =0.04
M228P=0.015
M228S=0.015

Turn the comments ON into the Printer/Firmware Menu

Check your Prt GCode menu you must have :

Prefix :
^Firmware:V1.07
; [mm] mode
G21
; absolute mode
G90

Select Extruder:
; Select extruder, warm, purge

; BfB-style
M107
M542
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>
M55<EXT+1> P1500 S80
M543

Deselect Extruder:
; Guaranteed same extruder, cooling down

; BfB-style
M<EXT+1>04 S<TEMP>

N [*] Layers
; Maybe re-home X & Y?

Postfix
M103
M104 S0
M204 S0
M304 S0

Have a good Slice&Printing

Giovanni

CubeItMod.exx
CubeItMod.po
CubeItMod.au3

y.ult...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 5:25:44 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

thank for you work !

I wonder if the minimum speed of extrusion is registered in the code or if it is configurable in Kisslicer ?

Bye

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 5:40:15 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi, the minimum speed during the printing or during the Suck&Prime cycle ?

y.ult...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 6:02:18 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
During the printing

" but as the cubex cant go so slowly I had to set the extruder speed at the lowest possible and increase the speeds ox X/Y axes to match the extruder"

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 6:28:15 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes you can set a min speed into kisslacer and Kisslacer will not go under that speed but it solves just one part of the problem because at higher values than the min speed kisslicer still calculate linear values and the extruder works with discrete values and you have errors, that's why you have to use KubeitMod V3.0 because with it the X/Y speeds are calculated from the real extruder speeds that the printer makes.
It's also better to not to set the min speed into Kisslicer because it increase the the X/Y axis speeds to match the min extruder speed without control, if you let CubeItMod V3.0 make the job, it controls how much the speed has been increased and if is more than 25% you get a warning Message and so you can decide if still you want to print or if you want change some settings to reduce this effect.

y.ult...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 7:54:47 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Where is this value in Kisslicer ? i have to leave thé field blank

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2014, 8:19:13 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Put a very low value like 0.01 on Material/Flow Adjust / Min [mm^3/s]

Peter Gregory

Mar 20, 2014, 11:59:05 AM3/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Here is the MAC version.
Install the language file as described above.
I copied the .app file into my KISSlicer directory: /Applications/KISSlicer/
Set the post-processing tab to execute after the save completes.

CubeItNet.zip

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2014, 12:45:44 PM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
CubeItMod V3.1

Bugfix : when more than one material was used into the same printing the parameters of M227 and M228 was mixed.
CubeItMod.exx

Peter Gregory

Mar 21, 2014, 5:44:31 PM3/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
The MAC version already keeps the values separate.
No patch needed.

giovanni...@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 12:09:55 PM3/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I increasingly feel that Kisslicer does not calculate the amount of material well.
Let me explain, it seems to me that if I set good parameters for the "Permimeter" (width extrusion, Flow and tweak Extruder Gain) and I get a quite good 0.5mm thickness, when kisslicer makes the "solid" or the "infill" it sends too much material, if I reduce the material fills are good but the edge is thin.

Have you found the same thing?

If you confirm I'll add a correction factor in cubeitmod.

Giovanni

Peter Gregory

Mar 25, 2014, 1:05:28 PM3/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I've noticed the same thing.
If I get the volume set well for walls, it seems to push out too much for fills.
If I get the settings right for .4 height, it is way too little for .2 height.
There is something not quite right.

hugues

Mar 25, 2014, 5:56:02 PM3/25/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I had the same problem before changing the speed setting, i made them equal for perimeter/infill/sparse.
What was your setup ?

y.ult...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 4:09:30 AM3/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I also have a problem with the amount of material for filling. Especially when small filling (when the nozzle is doing small "zigzag" quickly)

My speed setting are : loops : 20 | Solid : 38 | sparse infill : 47

I have not try with same speed everywere but i'll do.

Bye

hugues

Mar 26, 2014, 8:33:58 AM3/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Also check if your min layer time is set to 0 and the limit/increase layer speed set to 100, the cubex don't like when speed change...

For the zigzag, i notice them and at this time i don't know the reason, they happen to me at the start of each cube side and at the start of a loop on a cylinder. It's like too much pressure in the head and maybe we can fix it with a good combination of M227/228.

toranarod

Mar 26, 2014, 11:15:52 PM3/26/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I generally  found the same thing. I keep a range of slightly different setting for different objects.  I don't think its possible to go with one size fits all.
This is manufacturing where software needs to deal with the real world.
I also need different objects depending on there application to have much different construction method's.

I built a completely printed flying model plane.  The printing parameters for that are unlike any thing else I print.  The software has no idea it needs to fly.
the only slicer that could construct it was KISSlicer.
Made on a 3d touch or Cubex same machine as long as you has the correct Gcode writer.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:124710

Tanguy Lefebvre

Jul 10, 2014, 6:15:35 PM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, pwgr...@comcast.net
Hi Peter,
First of all, thank you for your precious info.
Could you tell me how do I have to set the post-processing tab?
I already tried this after copying CubeItNet.app into KissSlicer folder:
/Applications/KissSlicer/CubeItNet.app <FILE>

I get the error 512.

Could help me?

Thank you

Tanguy

Peter Gregory

Jul 10, 2014, 7:30:34 PM7/10/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com, pwgr...@comcast.net
I have my KISSlicer.app and CubeItNet.app file in the directory:

/Applications/KISSlicer

In the preprocessor field under Printer | Firmware I have the entry:

"/Applications/KISSlicer/CubeItNet.app/Contents/MacOS/CubeItNet" "<FILE>"

I have the quotes around all of it in case there are any embedded spaces in any paths.

Let me know if this helps