Converting 3dTouch to an OpenSource Printer?

Kyle Springer

Oct 21, 2014, 2:36:01 PM10/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to use the structure of the 3DTouch and build a custom 3d printer out of it with anything? I really don't like the 3dTouch hot ends or how it works, but I figured if I got a new board and new hot ends and was able to mount 2 of them, I could make a home built dual extruder printer that works better. Is this a possibility? Has anyone here done anything like that or would be willing to help?

hugues

Oct 21, 2014, 3:21:13 PM10/21/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
I think it's possible, Rodney build a custom board for cubex (similar to 3d touch) and Jetguy and BikeJunky move their printer to a sailfish firmware with a Mightyboard Rev E.
Their is an other google group where you will find more information about this, the clone group : https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!topic/clone3d/5JxKWZr45xs

Maybe Rodney will answer better than me to your question as he has this printer.