Combining g-code

A. Elias

Aug 11, 2014, 12:29:49 AM8/11/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Anyone here slice a model at two different infills, save the files and then take the one infill g-code up to a specific z height, then delete all the remainder g-code and substitute it with the second infill g-code?

I'm trying to print a part where I want the first few inches at 33%, then the remainder at 100%.  I don't want to do 100% for the whole part as it's about 8 inches long and warping of ABS will become an issue.  I need the layer to layer strength with 100%. I might even slow it down to half speed for the 100% infill as I've heard that helps layer adhesion.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

ADam

Franz Scherz

Aug 11, 2014, 2:59:34 AM8/11/14
Just to let you know, I have seen tests where parts with 40% infill where as strong as 100%!
For some destruction test they were even stronger. that's why nature is using also some hollow structures (like Bambus) to create very strong material.

But practically it should be possible. Other slicers (Slic3r for example) allow you to split the mesh and use different settings on them.

Steven

Aug 20, 2014, 9:54:17 PM8/20/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Search this forum for KissInColor. It is a layer stacking post processor that I think will do what you want.