Ciao a tutti!

bitcoiner73

Jun 16, 2014, 10:14:52 PM6/16/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody!
Just wanted to let you know how happy I was when I found this Group, after trying out different slicers which you all know, I decided to buy KS since I really liked the way it worked and how each layer was showed in detail. The only worry I had was that there were no news about updates but now I hope I can give my support too. BTW I have a felix 3.0 with dual extruder and hope to meet some other Felix users. Ciao for now!

viljmak52

Jul 1, 2014, 6:21:01 AM7/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Hi bitcoiner73 !

I've been happy Felix 3.0 dual extruder owner now for few months and found many good tips from this group. I use both, Simplify3D and KS slicers, both have their own merits and problems. At the moment my main headache is wet PVA and Nylon filaments and I'm building a drying system for them. Hope results get better then.
Good Printings For You !

bitcoiner73

Jul 1, 2014, 6:55:03 AM7/1/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Ciao viljmak52,

nice to meet another Felix-user.
From my last message left here KS has become my standard slicing software, most of the times I have been using beta versions downloaded from here for dual extrusions, sometimes switching back to the stable version when I see some slicing mistakes.
I have tried PVA too from formfutura but didn't have any luck yet, maybe because there is too much humidity in the room. I will try to dry PVA filament in the oven at 40°C and give it a go again, but next try is flexible material!
Take care for now!

V.

viljmak52

Jul 2, 2014, 2:55:59 AM7/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
In my case drying in oven didn't help. Air RH is now 60-70% and small temperature increase won't drop absolute water content significantly. Must use dry air.
By moving extruders cooling/heating position on the same side as prim pillar I got best results. i.e. when new extruder start it goes straight to prime pillar not over part it is printing.
Prime pillar and not used extruder cooling gives many ++++ compared to Simplify3D.

bitcoiner73

Jul 2, 2014, 7:28:39 PM7/2/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can you move pillar precisely wherever you want? I saw that print can be rotated with KS but not always prime pillar is set on the side of cooling position. Or am I missing some features?

viljmak52

Jul 3, 2014, 1:50:35 AM7/3/14
to kisslicer-r...@googlegroups.com
Can't move prime pillar but it's possible to set cooling/heating position where you like. I use Prefix script similar as attached file. Cooling position is where extruder was moved last in Prefix script. X20,Y200 was OK in my case.
My system doesn't work right if command line is not ended with CRLF, TAB is not OK. i.e. notes have to be on separate line or not at all.
Mostly I also set material extruder temp down in Prefix, help to keep first support layer clean.
Double extruder Prefix.txt